• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
another glitch in brawl... this is me being suprised... everyone in here that is a anti wavedash and enamored by this tech is a hypocrit. i thought you guys wanted the glitches out. oh well, i guess if they are in brawl and easy as heck to do they are alright, huh?
Lol, you actually think that there are anti-wavedashing people on the thread? Besides a few evangelical "developer's intent means we shouldn't do this" individuals such as yourself who drop by thread for exactly this reason, EVERYONE on tactical is pro-ATs. The vast majority of smashboards as well.

There are no hypocrites here, just competitive players who love ATs. If you don't like ATs, then just leave. You have no hypocrites to comment on.

Furthermore, since it's pretty obvious that we're all competitive players personality-wise, I sincerely doubt that many people here are rabidly anti-glitch/exploit/whatever (people who comment against the tech exempted) unless it negatively impacts the game (Ganondorf's landing lag glitch for example). Those that are, dislike their existence, but are still willing to use them, because in their opinion, the game might have bad rules, but there's nothing they can do about it so they'll work within the structure of the game.

edit: maybe not so easy (sorry i posted after reading like the first two pages and have since read a little more) in battle, but still a glitch/physics exploit/whatever you want to call it.
So what? Nobody cares if it's a glitch/exploit whatever. All that matters is that it adds depth to the game.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Quick question: By "buffer a jump" do you mean I can input the jump at any point during the aerial animation? Or is there a trickier timing to this?

XienZo

Smash Lord
Can this be done after up-Bs which allow the character to use aerials afterwards(Sonic and Snake)? Cuz who wouldn't want to ISJR sonic's dair?

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Have you been able to pin down an patterns? What about the exact timing of the aerials?

It would be nice to see this continue to be explored. Maybe applications will show up eventually.

kithkin

Smash Champion
another glitch in brawl... this is me being suprised... everyone in here that is a anti wavedash and enamored by this tech is a hypocrit. i thought you guys wanted the glitches out. oh well, i guess if they are in brawl and easy as heck to do they are alright, huh?
I'd just like to point out, every game has glitches, and even if this is a glitch, it's the same glitch we've always known about, its the fact that you recover your aerial status just before the actual ground.

Know what? Its the buffering in the game, the physics tied with the buffering causes ALL of this. It's nothing but one glitch or whatever. Even then, it's still something different. Melee had so many glitches that were abused in every match, that this whole post is just annoying.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Could somebody make a Falco video, preferably on a stage like Battlefield? That way I can sort of judge when the input to attack is made by reference to the platforms.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Your list says G&W F-air can't be used to SJR but the video says otherwise.
Every aerial in the game can be SJR'd. The list tells what aerials can be SJR'd infinitely (ISJR) from flat ground. If I remember correctly, G&W's Fair cannot be ISJR'd.

GuiltyPleasure

Smash Cadet
Wario

All aerials preferred but downair is important

I didnt realize it till today looking at this thread for the 3rd time how important this will become to the game

my god.. what has brawl become

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Wario

All aerials preferred but downair is important

I didnt realize it till today looking at this thread for the 3rd time how important this will become to the game

my god.. what has brawl become
I hope you're right. XD However, I really hope an easier way of doing this is discovered. O_o;

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I find it very easy to do this with TL's Nair.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I still haven't been able to do it at all. I watch the videos but I have no idea how the timing goes. Can't tell if I'm going too early, too late, jumping too soon, or what. It looks so useful though =(

---

It's weird how this thread isn't getting more love.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I still haven't been able to do it at all. I watch the videos but I have no idea how the timing goes. Can't tell if I'm going too early, too late, jumping too soon, or what. It looks so useful though =(
You sorta use it when the animation of the move ends i think...
It's like the opposite of L-canceling in a way, that might make it hard for Melee veterans to pick up.
Edit: You CAN do with with TL's Zair (for anyone thats wondering)

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm a Melee veteran and it's just about getting used to Brawl physics...

The timing is basically: "Time your attack so that its full animation ends exactly as you would be touching the ground, and press jump as close as you can to the ground"

I hope that helps. x_x

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
I realized that I was pressing jump too soon that I wasn't buffering anything at all. So I started pressing jump later and I finally began to get it maybe 3 out of every 10 tries with Marth's and Falco's Nair. Couldn't get it with any of the other attacks though.

---

I was never too competitive in Melee. Plus, I used Peach so I never really bothered learning L-Canceling.

brg

Smash Ace
I know, for example, that dedede's bair ends before landing in a sh, so would it work

Gazebo

Smash Rookie
I know, for example, that dedede's bair ends before landing in a sh, so would it work

I don't exactly understand your question but I think the answer is no because you can't short hop your second jump, and what you're doing with the SJR is using your second jump over and over again without touching the ground.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I don't exactly understand your question but I think the answer is no because you can't short hop your second jump, and what you're doing with the SJR is using your second jump over and over again without touching the ground.
Oh yeah your right i take back my earlier statement. =P

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
No, quick attack cancel (QAC) is entirely different from second jump recovery/renewal (SJR). I'm may also start playing around with this, although I'm mostly going to be concerned with Marth's practical applications.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, quick attack cancel (QAC) is entirely different from second jump recovery/renewal (SJR). I'm may also start playing around with this, although I'm mostly going to be concerned with Marth's practical applications.
Fair/bair spamming.

Also since you can do it AFTER you hit with the attack, since it subtracts the landing time, this mights SH fair that much safer.... as if it wasn't safe enough.

Yeah, that's a few of the pragmatic uses of SJR and ISJR for marth.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for posting the video. XD Sorry I haven't been active with this thread. I haven't even played Brawl more than once in the past month. I can say that I won't be making any attempts any time soon to fulfill the requests section. >__>;; Sorry. If anybody continues to make videos, I will keep posting them. :3

Thank you and sorry.

RPK

Smash Lord
I feel so stupid, but how does it work? Im trying to do it but I cant and am feeling ******** ._. What do you mean by buffering a jump? Pressing X or Y during the aerial? Press X or Y before you land? When do I have to start up the aerial? Think you can put up a tutorial...Like show a vid, go at this point do this, and this...Id really appreciate it. Im trying it now but again, am failing hard...Thanks.
EDIT: The part that gets me is the part that says Buffer a jump...What does that mean.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Can I get a request of a video on this for Samus's Zair, as well as missile, this could seriously improve a metagame. I am wondering how well this would work for Uairs into Zair, Fair, or even a Bair depending on DI, Metagames all over just opened, but out of everyone I am impressed with Ganons the most. I just saw the video for him, my jaw dropped.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Some of these more recent videos seem to have the timing down a bit better. I would be interesting to see this used on anyone or thing that actually moves.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
It does seem like the recent videos have better timing... the floaty characters (Kirby/Jiggs/DDD) have really hard timing that I couldn't even do. XP

@Ravin: Zamus doesn't have a Zair. And I'm not sure, but I don't think Samus' missiles can be SJR/ISJR'd.

@RPK: If I had actual recording equipment, I would make a tutorial... but I can't so I'll try to explain it.

When you are in the air, time your aerial so that the very last frame of the entire attack animation occurs as you are just about to touch the ground (VERY restricted timing). By buffering a jump, I mean to press X or Y just before you hit the ground.

For some reason, ending the animation as you WOULD HAVE hit the ground tells the game that you get your second jump back, however, since being so close to the ground gives you the jump back, this means that you never actually have to touch the ground, ever... considering your timing is inhuman.

Griffard

Smash Ace
This is definitely one of the coolest brawl discoveries yet, thank you so much for sharing this! Unfortunately I'm in the middle of nowhere and I can't try this =[ . This will surely improve my Ganondorf greatly!

Ravin

Smash Lord
@Ravin: Zamus doesn't have a Zair. And I'm not sure, but I don't think Samus' missiles can be SJR/ISJR'd.
I didnt say Zamus, Samus my friend :p

Then I guess ill stick to missile canceling. Works as well also. Just throwing stuff out there to see what is possible.

Top Bottom