• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
So a lot of people are having problems doing this, huh? Well, I'll try to explain how I do it:

First of all, don't jump right into a match and expect to be able to do it flawlessly. In fact, I can guarantee that you won't be able to do it at all. Take it slow; It'll be a while before you will even be able to do it more than once.

Step 1 (optional)
-If a video has been made showcasing your character performing the ISJR, watch it. Watch it again. Study it. Right off the bat, try to memorize the height that the aerial is performed.

Step 2
-Boot up your Wii, choose the character you wish to ISJR with, and go into training mode. (Check the list on the first page to be sure that your character can do it)

Step 3
-Remember that video you watched? Well, now it's time to implement it. Put the game into 1/4 speed. Jump, and IMMEDIATELY double jump.

Step 4
-Now it's time to use your ears. Listen. Obnoxious characters like Diddy Kong will make a sound during their second jump. Memorize the how long it takes for you to be able to do your aerial. (For example, right after Diddy screeches, you're going to want to wait about .5 seconds before f-air'ing [I don't remember if this is exactly right...It's just an example...])

Step 4
-Now you need to use your eyes. Carefully examine the character's second jump animation. Memorize at what point you are going to need to use your aerial. (For example, right when Diddy's face disappears and you see the back of his cap, it is time to f-air. [Remember, just an example])

Step 5
-Lastly, you must use your brain. Bring together the sound and the sight. Using my same example, you would listen for the sound, then watch as Diddy's face disappears and is replace by the back of his head. This is when you will f-air.

Step 6
-Spam the shiz out of the jump button.

Step 7
-Repeat.

And that's how I do it. Once you get consistent at 1/4 speed, try doing it in 1/2 speed, and eventually practice in regular speed. The most consecutive ISJR's jumps I have gotten so far in normal speed is 8.

Hope that helps!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not being here. x_x I've been busy with initial summer hangouts and power outages and such. XP I'm back and I'm going to start working on getting those video requests done as soon as I can! ;3 ...Or at least start working on what I can do. x_x

List updated!

Kirk

Smash Champion
it does work with his Uair, I can guarantee it. I have a replay with me doing it 5x, but I have no way to upload it

Wii number and brawl code to the left. I'll send it if you want
It's funny cause I swore I could gurantee it didn't work xDDD

I would like to see, or at the very least describe how you performed it. Any way I try it doesn't seem possible for me. We are talking about Ike here right? xD

laird

Smash Apprentice
Can anyone possibly get video of Toon Link's Chained Bairs using ISJR? I know this is a really difficult move to pull off, but it seems like one of the best applications, and as a TL main, i'm intrigued.

Sliq

Smash Master
Since you're apparently taking requests, I request Ganon.

TheKingOfFuzz

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I recently stumbled upon a description of ISJR that, at least for me, was much clearer than anything I've read here on Smashboards.

[ISJR] is "a technique in brawl that was only just discovered. Basically, if you time it right, even after you've double jumped, you can jump AGAIN by using an air move and have it end JUST before you land."

-Gorron333, via a YouTube comment.

I'm not sure why, but Goron's phrasing made everything click for me. Perhaps it can also help others.

Good luck, everyone!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but I recently stumbled upon a description of ISJR that, at least for me, was much clearer than anything I've read here on Smashboards.

[ISJR] is "a technique in brawl that was only just discovered. Basically, if you time it right, even after you've double jumped, you can jump AGAIN by using an air move and have it end JUST before you land."

-Gorron333, via a YouTube comment.

I'm not sure why, but Goron's phrasing made everything click for me. Perhaps it can also help others.

Good luck, everyone!
I'll put that on the OP for clarification. O: Thanks!

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I am truely in love with this thread. Xd this will actually change my game. Goes to pratice......XD
From what I've experienced facing CPUs, is that the technique is too difficult for me to pull off constantly, so I don't revolve my whole game around it, but I attempt it whenever I'm coming up off a ledge or under a platform. Maybe I just haven't practiced enough. :/

Pabs

Smash Cadet
It's funny cause I swore I could gurantee it didn't work xDDD

I would like to see, or at the very least describe how you performed it. Any way I try it doesn't seem possible for me. We are talking about Ike here right? xD
Yeppers. You have to Full hop, then perform a second jump simultaneously with the Uair (slide your fingers, if you use x to jump its a ton easier). It has really awkward timing, the second jump+ Uair must be performed before you reach the peak of the first jump.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Yeppers. You have to Full hop, then perform a second jump simultaneously with the Uair (slide your fingers, if you use x to jump its a ton easier). It has really awkward timing, the second jump+ Uair must be performed before you reach the peak of the first jump.
That's a regular SJR. Sorry, but he was asking specifically about ISJRs, which Ike appears to has NONE! ;(

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
I think this isn't that amazing of a tech, it is overly situational.

if you are gonna sit there and jump a billion times, someone is just gonna shoot you with a projectile or grab you the second you touch their shield. Good DI and proper wiggling out of tumbling animations would cancel out combos.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
I have a vid of Ness' Nair, if anyone wants to see. Took me like an half an hour just to get that down O.o

Clearly for Ness, the Fair would be the best use for this though. I don't have my game with me at the moment but i'll try it tomorrow if possible.

Kirk

Smash Champion
That's a regular SJR. Sorry, but he was asking specifically about ISJRs, which Ike appears to has NONE! ;(
Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, every aerial can be SJR'd. I could perform a SJR with all of Ike's aerials.

I was testing Ike for any ISJR aerials which, like I've said before, I'm 99% sure he doesn't have.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I suggest NOT doing the second jump before you SJR when you're practicing because it's not needed, and if you're ever to use it in a real match you probably wouldn't want to waste your second jump only to get knocked off the stage and have no second jump to recover with.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
To add: I think the only reason people instantly double jumped in the videos was to show that you were actually regaining your jump, not just using one you may have still had. Or at least that's why I did it. @_@

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Yes, but we already know SJR exists in Brawl. All you have to do is repeat it 1 more time than the amount of second jumps you have.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Some practical uses look like things like the Wall of Manliness + platforms or Yoshi's infinite walls. I dunno what else though.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
So has this ISJR thing busted.
Anyway when brawl comes to england i'll to a little testing myself.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
So has this ISJR thing busted.
Anyway when brawl comes to england i'll to a little testing myself.
Sadly it seems so. :\ Still if anyone does testing, it would still be nice. There could be some things that comes from this, maybe. But I dunno. It is too hard to do in normal combat. I won a local tournament this past weekend, and whenever I tried to ISJR with Snake, I'd just fail completely.

Never lost a match though. ;D

dingding

Smash Ace
is this basically all about timing ur attack so u can perform the ISJR cause i looked at this like 2 minutes ago and i can't do it lol

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, most of the timing is making sure your attack finishes at a certain time. (As you hit the ground)

full_95

Smash Journeyman
another glitch in brawl... this is me being suprised... everyone in here that is a anti wavedash and enamored by this tech is a hypocrit. i thought you guys wanted the glitches out. oh well, i guess if they are in brawl and easy as heck to do they are alright, huh?

edit: maybe not so easy (sorry i posted after reading like the first two pages and have since read a little more) in battle, but still a glitch/physics exploit/whatever you want to call it.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, Has anyone tried to buffer anything during the "landing"? An easy way to buffer things would be to set L on the gamecube controller to (I dunno) Special, and set the C- stick to special. While standing, when you hold L and tap the C - Stick to the left or right, the character will dash and jump simultaneously(may take a few tries for it to happen). So maybe if you hold the L button, double jump, attack and upon landing tap the C- stick in the direction your facing, something may happen. I'd try it myself but I CANNOT get the timing down for SJR.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, Has anyone tried to buffer anything during the "landing"? An easy way to buffer things would be to set L on the gamecube controller to (I dunno) Special, and set the C- stick to special. While standing, when you hold L and tap the C - Stick to the left or right, the character will dash and jump simultaneously(may take a few tries for it to happen). So maybe if you hold the L button, double jump, attack and upon landing tap the C- stick in the direction your facing, something may happen. I'd try it myself but I CANNOT get the timing down for SJR.
I thought about this when SJR was discovered... I haven't tried anything yet though. I was thinking maybe this would allow for an L-cancelling type of effect, is that what you were thinking? It would be neat, but still kind of hard to perform. Hmm. ):

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
I thought about this when SJR was discovered... I haven't tried anything yet though. I was thinking maybe this would allow for an L-cancelling type of effect, is that what you were thinking? It would be neat, but still kind of hard to perform. Hmm. ):
You know what, hadn't really thought that. I tried it with Link last night and got a weird stalling motion. Link would hit the ground, stand for a second or two then jump with the double jump circles under him. That happened like 3 times, but more importantly I CAN ISJR/SJR! I'll be playing with this more.

Top Bottom