• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery List and Discussion [SEPT 7] - 19 videos!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
どうもありがとうございましたエカルとマックン。 And I mean that sincerely.

In other news, I'm probably going to look into making a Pit video just to help out with the video request and I might look into Kirby but, because they both have multiple jumps it might be difficult to tell whether someone's doing it or not. Also, I might ask Bigman40 to do Ness/Lucas because they have second jumps similar to Yoshi so it'd be more his "element".

Oh, and HI NIKO K!!! =D That trip was ridiculous lol.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
I'll put it this way:

You both were being difficult. Now there IS a difference between the two techniques. The difference?

The SJR/ISJR has the attack done as late as possible with at least one frame to buffer. What does this mean?

Well, if Bowser's klaw hop is done instead, sure, it has an easier timing, but an earlier timing to boot. Essentially, this means the hitboxes come out earlier with a klaw hop than an ISJR. Sometimes this would be a good thing, but in Bowser's case, it really isn't. Why? Because the lower to the ground for Bowser, the higher of a chance he'll hit the opponent unless the opponent jumps into the ****, aka is being a moron. =P This amounts to... klaw hopping making it a LOT harder to hit grounded opponents, mainly because the aerials are performed a bit sooner, but the bit sooner is enough to make it sometimes not effective in hitting the opponent.

AKA, the ONLY difference that matters is the overall result... which in this case, is having one method have the move, and thus the hitboxes, come out later than the other, as well as being done closer to the ground.

Basically, both of you are both right and wrong.

Oh, and I made that little essay above not JUST for this argument, but also to clear up the difference in the future since some people were wondering the difference too. The aerial timing is... the only main thing to take note of really. O.o Plus you can klaw hop without doing an aerial or air dodge.

P.S. I agree that 3xSwords was putting up a HORRIBLE argument, by pointing out the thing that doesn't matter between the techniques(how you do them, which doesn't matter too much in the end, just that the klaw hop is somewhat easier), and not the main, crucial difference(s), aka the results. >.>; I say it should still be included in the ISJR list though, with its current footnote, for completion's sake. It won't make much difference with Bowser anyways, so... =/

lol Guess that means I'm no smash debater. I was trying to say how the koopa klaws timing made it different, basically what you said, but I guess I just failed in the end :p. So method < result? Well guess I'm still a n00b for plenty of reasons. Though I apologize if I really rubbed you the wrong way worldjem I was just so convinced my views were correct.

Anyway moving along, about Ike's ISJR. Is it just me or does Ike have no moves that ISJR? Even the bair which is his quickest aerial attack in terms of pre and post lag ends so closely to the ground, it seems nigh impossible.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Dustclouds should not appear. You should not get any visual indication of landing (Dustclouds, landing/falling lag). You are jumping before touching the floor, except that the game registers you as touching the floor because you are very close to it.
Ah crap... back to practicing then. I can already see the possibilities with this for all the characters I main (especially Ness and Mario) so I'm highly interested in this technique.

???????

Smash Journeyman
As I said before, I can do this with Mario's Dair consistently but not his Nair, Uair, or Bair.

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
i don't know if this is too much for me to ask
but can u also request for falcon vids? lol ty so much if u do
and thx to the person who's going to make it in the future

???????

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, many possibilities for Mario's air game could emerge from this, especially if it is confirmed to work with the cape.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
@UndrDog: Thank you VERY much. XDD <3 Also great Pit videos. It seems like most people are better at this than me already! XD

Updated list, added video requests, etc.

Today's my last day of school (yay!), so I'll have a lot more time to be on the forums and update the list, test stuff, and discuss this with people. :]

worldjem7

Smash Ace
So I recorded all of Pit's aerials and I must say Pit's Dair and Nair are the HARDEST of his aerials to do ISJR with. It took me forever to get either even once. His Nair has to be done REALLY fast and his Dair is just awkward.

Pit's aerials that can/should be Fast-Falled are:

Uair
Bair
Dair - I'm not too sure on this one because I was trying to FF it and I didn't get any better results so maybe someone else will get it down better than I can

Also, in the steps you provided

1) Jump (full or short)
2) Second jump (at any time)
3) Perform an aerial
4)...

Step 2 isn't necessarily needed. You can still SJR w/o having to do an initial second jump. I show this in my Pit video (that still needs to be edited) and my Bowser video (that was already uploaded).

Uses for using your second jump before doing an SJR would be for: Comfort, ease, height or any combination of the 3 that may suit your needs but, it's not necessary.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
^I think the reason for the second jump before doing SJR was so you know you actually recovered your second jump. If you just single jump and try SJR, you'll just be double jumping since it is still available.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess it could be for assurance but, if you do it properly, and it's an ISJR, then you can just do it repeatedly to show that you're doing it. So, if you do everything right then it doesn't matter.

I think the original reason for why someone did a second jump before doing the SJR was to show proof that it was real but, we all know it's real so I find it a bit odd that people are still doing it.

Personally, I find it more of a hassle to have to do a double jump just to try and assure myself that I'm doing it properly for 3 reasons:

1) I know it's not needed in the first place.
2) I have to hit the button twice fairly quickly, which detracts from what I'm trying to do
3) I can tell when I've done it correctly w/o using having to use a second jump

But, maybe others are having a harder time seeing/doing it than I do/am. *shrugs*

ZonedOut

Smash Cadet
Could someone make a tutorial video? That would help out a lot. This is pretty hard to do. I've only done it once or twice.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I don't know who can but, I certainly can't SJR with Pit's D-air. Maybe I suck or something but, that is THE hardest aerial to SJR with Pit.

Link to all aerials except for Pit's D-air can be found here

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol worldjem you don't suck, its just that some aerials are just weird. You'll probably have to mess around with the timing of the jump, b/c some aerials are ISJR'd later than others ex. tlink's bair.

Yeah but seriously I can't do any of kirby's aerials w/ ISJR. >.< metaXzero didn't you say you did it with kirby's u-air and dair? Plz give me a vid.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't know who can but, I certainly can't SJR with Pit's D-air. Maybe I suck or something but, that is THE hardest aerial to SJR with Pit.

Link to all aerials except for Pit's D-air can be found here

Thanks, it's greatly appreciated. ^_^

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
どうもありがとうございましたエカルとマックン what does this say anyway
"Thank you very much Ekaru and Makkun."

Seems like we taught the Japanese something for once. Where was this posted?

It was in this thread >_<

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm just wondering how Diddy's fair can do this, as it doesn't autocancel.

Ah well, since it's obviously been tested, I'll have to practice it.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Man... I tried EVERYTHING with Pit's D-air. I have a custom stage made specifically to test out these kinds of things and I tried it from every height and every different timing I could think of and I still wasn't able to SJR with Pit's D-air. Half of my footage that I took was doing D-airs trying to get it to work, my total footage time was 1 hour just to make that 1 Pit vid that's like 3 mins long and I couldn't get anything for his D-air.

In reality I probably didn't try everything but, I tried everything I could think of so maybe someone else can figure it out.

I was trying out Kirby as well and Kirby is sooo awkward to do SJRs with but, characters like Kirby with multiple jumps don't need to SJR as much as characters with the regular 2 jumps so maybe that's why it's harder to SJR with them because of the nature of their multiple jumps.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Again man I thank you. There is one more thing I can't quite get down very well and that's Samus' Zair. I know this is going to be useful. Anyone here got it down?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
@3xSwords

Like I said in the Kirby thread, I can't post videos. I have no recording equipment >_<

I was hoping someone who could test SJR for Kirby AND record would pop-up. Unfortunantly, we will have to wait a bit before a Kirby ISJR aerials video surfaces T_T

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
@worldjem: You're probably right about not immediately second-jumping. XDD I don't think I'm going to anymore. Even though you technically aren't SJRing until you recover a used second-jump... still. XD

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can someone explain to me the point of having the word "recover" in the name if you can only do this on solid ground?

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
wow Lucario now has a wall of pain. man this is really going to mess up tournaments...
nice information & video compilation Makkun! kudos!

worldjem7

Smash Ace
@worldjem: You're probably right about not immediately second-jumping. XDD I don't think I'm going to anymore. Even though you technically aren't SJRing until you recover a used second-jump... still. XD
Well you're not technically recovering a jump but, you're still technically doing the technique because it allows you to do it infinitely where applicable.

It's a sort of weird middle like that. I show it in my Pit and Bowser vids.

btw, you missed a quotation mark on the Pit video and a bracket in the video requests, just thought you should know if you didn't already.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Can someone explain to me the point of having the word "recover" in the name if you can only do this on solid ground?
Because you are recovering the ABILITY to use your second jump. The 'recovery' doesn't mean recovery as in from being hit off the stage.

@worldjem: Thanks. XDD That's the second time I've done that. ._.;

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
You could always go with the term "Renewal" instead of "Recovery". We Pits settled with "Wing Renewal" and we haven't regretted it yet!

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Man... I tried EVERYTHING with Pit's D-air. I have a custom stage made specifically to test out these kinds of things and I tried it from every height and every different timing I could think of and I still wasn't able to SJR with Pit's D-air. Half of my footage that I took was doing D-airs trying to get it to work, my total footage time was 1 hour just to make that 1 Pit vid that's like 3 mins long and I couldn't get anything for his D-air.

In reality I probably didn't try everything but, I tried everything I could think of so maybe someone else can figure it out.

I was trying out Kirby as well and Kirby is sooo awkward to do SJRs with but, characters like Kirby with multiple jumps don't need to SJR as much as characters with the regular 2 jumps so maybe that's why it's harder to SJR with them because of the nature of their multiple jumps.
Thanks for testing kirby. Also are your recent tests of Pit suggesting that his dair might not be ISJR'able? Have you tried a rising dair yet? This is like Ganon's thunderstorming where you do the dair the same moment you jump so that the attack animation finishes quicker. I think this will give more room for you to jump after Pit's dair, unless of course you did this too. >.<

@metaXzero send it to someone who can record it. Actually if you have a replay send it to Makkun so he can record it. PM him first though.

@the diddy ISJR vid. Dang that was nice. 5-6 fairs in a row, I think that's the record in terms of consecutive ISJR jumps lol.

oldhat

Smash Rookie
So how does this relate to pikachu's qac? I'm guessing it's the same because qac into jump is always a second jump. I probably should read the rest of the thread first lol.

Top Bottom