• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inferno's Decarde, The Bowser Video & Critique Thread

B!squick

Smash Master
I liked that FTilt near the end of the doubles video that somehow hit MK on the platform above you. I presume it was just as he was falling through or something. Good games, by the way.

EDIT: Yeah, he did, I see it now. I didn't catch it at first and I was like, disjointed much?

Shök

Smash Champion
Great match against DPhat, Zigsta. Those klaws were ****. xD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Get off of platforms as soon as you can against Jigglypuff. He's too good at juggling you--you always want to position yourself below Jiggs if possible.

I wouldn't dair at all against Jiggs. One whiff, and you get Rested.

In general, don't spotdodge as Bowser. At the beginning of the match, Jiggs sharks you, and you spotdodge. Fortress OoS is much better here because it damages Jiggs and sends him upwards, which is where you want him to be.

Don't uptilt a small character when he's right in front of you on the ground. That won't hit. Reverse uptilt will, though.

You could have fair'd during that Wall of Pain instead of take it and Fortress to the stage like you did. You should never Fortress from above the stage to return to it against Jiggs--that's a free Rest.

I lol'd at the jab KO.

In general, you fished for grabs a lot during this match. While GR > upair is amazing in this MU, it's not the sole reason this is an easy MU for Bowser. You can literally just get the lead, walk to the middle of the stage, and stand there. Don't forget that up-angled ftilt is great for stopping aerial approaches, and Fortress OoS beats Jiggs's dair.

Bottom line: Try to trade hits as much with Jiggs as you can, because eventually he just can't take it. That said, be wary of hitting back when you're being hit offstage. Good Jiggs mains bait fair/nair and punish with their own aerials offstage.

NEVER do ledgehopped Fortress against Jiggs. Is it completely random and unpredictable? Heck yes. But it can and most likely will (although it didn't here) get you punished with Rest.

Your biggest problem here is whenever Jiggs got close to you and you brought up your shield, you stood there for about a second or so before going for a grab. You need to react quicker than that. Don't always fish for the grab, as Jiggs players are ALWAYS expecting that. Fortress is generally a safe bet--just don't always Fortress OoS against Jiggs because good players will bait it and punish with Rest.

I see you like jabbing a lot. I can dig that. Don't forget that you can jab cancel into other attacks, including reverse attacks. There were a few times I noticed you jabbed the opposite direction of Jiggs only to continue the jab and get punished. A lot of times people won't expect a reverse ftilt or pivot grab out of a "mispredicted" jab. Sometimes I even jab the wrong way on purpose just so my opponent thinks I'm open for punishing, only to take a knuckle in the face.

I'm generally very grounded against Jigglypuff, but don't forget to throw in some Klaw Hop mixups every now and then. It's gonna be fresh if you're playing grounded, which leads to some early KOs against light characters like Jiggs.

Back to jabs real quick: If you're looking for a grab, a lot of times people aren't expecting jab > grab. Limit told me he does it more often against light characters--Jiggs is a prime example.

Hope this all helps, man. Sorry for the rather random order--just jotted down my thoughts as they hit me. Feel free to post more videos when you've got them.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Someday, I'll finally be un-lazy enough to record my Bowser. I'm probably the only active Bowser player without videos in the OP, lol.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I'm extremely surprised Zigsta didn't mention all of the dash attacks you were getting away with.

I mean, I'm not one to knock a person for a WiFi video, but you literally jabbed and dash attacked your way through the match.

Use Klaw more and dash attack a lot less. and apply what Zigsta basically told you. You got away with DA, but in all honesty it's not a move you should be relying on that heavily, because the jigglypuff could have got you badly for it provided he was paying attention.

Also vs Jigglypuff it's okay to shield camp a bit. Which you weren't doing that much. If the Jigglypuff comes at you from any angle you have a move to cover it. Jab/Fortress OoS, UTilt if he comes above you...it's not that difficult.

If you're getting WoP'd, you should fight back with klaw or fair.

just use klaw a lot more, that's all it really boils down to.

just some things i noticed.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I was definitely playing too aggro. Ran into a lot of silly stuff. XD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Turns out my set vs. Sheik did get recorded. I'll have it online soon.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pretty sure KingKong's got some against Stroumbert, too.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
Ok. I know I'm not a real presence on here like other great Bowsers, but I'm goin to my first tourney in Cummings. The Booty Butt Cheeks tournament.

I'm gonna tear *** up and rep Bowser ferociously, and will likely have vids to show you the merciless **** that I will lay down upon many victims, including M2K in the Championship. [/unfounded trash talk]

So, yeah. =D

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Ok. I know I'm not a real presence on here like other great Bowsers, but I'm goin to my first tourney in Cummings. The Booty Butt Cheeks tournament.

I'm gonna tear *** up and rep Bowser ferociously, and will likely have vids to show you the merciless **** that I will lay down upon many victims, including M2K in the Championship. [/unfounded trash talk]

So, yeah. =D
I'm also going to BBC, dude!

If you and I make it to Grand Finals, it's gonna be 100% Bowser dittos, because that is one of the rules of the Bowser Player Code of Honor. ;)

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Zigsta you're doing ight but there's one big problem I notice.

Why the hell do you run up to your opponent and up-b? That's a really odd thing to do.

You honestly should only up-b if someone hits your shield, and even then you should be going for a klaw oos or something else. idk

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I usually do that because it goes through spotdodges, and most people don't expect it. I use it a lot more against characters I either don't play often or players who don't play against Bowser often.

:phone:

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
against ics you definitely need to use more jab and less ftilt (i pretty much only use ftilt if theyre coming at me with a sideb)

also on the first grab in game 1 nana got 3 pummels on you and you didnt mash out, that shouldnt happen even at 120something%

B!squick

Smash Master
You did fine with Bowser game 1 against Sheik. You just let him catch up when you were tied at 2 stocks and he got the kill first. Not sure why you CPed R.O.B. and Rainbow Cruise. :/

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I wanted to try something drastically different, and it didn't work, haha.

:phone:

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
If anyone can make Falco and Diddy kneel before the Koopa King, it's KingKong. :awesome:

Well played, man. The grab release success rate was nearly 100%, the spacing was tight, and you really didn't leave many openings for your opponent.

B!squick

Smash Master
Who was that trash Falco/Diddy player anyway? *insert MrEh's troll face*

Good games KK. Really good games. Warms my heart to see high tiers get knocked down a peg. :)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Sorry this took a little longer than expected. I lent the cable necessary for recording to a friend and only got it back today.

Also a few words. This will be the first and last time I upload Basic Brawls to the BowserReplays channel. Unless you found a cool item trick, I only accept no item 1v1s and 2v2s. I should have probably specified this before so that's why I'm letting it pass this time. It also helps that the replays are mostly 1v1 with spectators.

Here are Alien Vision's games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btlK8YLHbY8

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
basic brawl lmao.

I'm sorry, I just really don't know how to judge this...

Top Bottom