• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
well wouldn't all wins in elimination pools technically affect their tournament life up until a certain point?

If you have a pool of 6 people, with four advancing, at a minimum, you have to win two sets to stay in- provided someone goes 0-5. So wouldn't you get two sets out of that pool that would count as much as bracket matches, because until they get those two wins, they are in danger of being eliminated?

Just a question. I understand why you guys do it the way you do, just seems like certain aspects of elimination pools are as crucial to placing at tourney as the bracket is.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I don't think pools should matter much at all, elimination or not. Special cases, in my opinion, would be at larger tournaments, such as the Showdown. But it's too much of a grey area to decide what counts and what doesn't. No matter what, though, pools should not count as much as bracket.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
The problem with nationals and such (which I think you did point out Hilt) is that it is a grey area, mainly for the fact that there are so many people from many different areas that we don't know who's skill level is at a high or low end. I think pools should still have some influence on rankings, but they still do not have a priority on them.

Count

Smash Champion
The problem with nationals and such (which I think you did point out Hilt) is that it is a grey area, mainly for the fact that there are so many people from many different areas that we don't know who's skill level is at a high or low end. I think pools should still have some influence on rankings, but they still do not have a priority on them.
We do know, though..just gotta follow those results threads!

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
I don't think pools should matter much at all, elimination or not. Special cases, in my opinion, would be at larger tournaments, such as the Showdown. But it's too much of a grey area to decide what counts and what doesn't. No matter what, though, pools should not count as much as bracket.
wow everyone is c0ckblocking me

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
sonic all the way even when i fought kel and kassandra, i was seriously planning on timing her out in the end......on a side note kassandra has gotten better.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
yeah... but those little perks have become not even worth my $4, besides, I heard the DR is really strict on rules now... so there goes the fun anyway

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Yeah come on guys do you know how many life shortening fattyburgers I could buy with that four bucks I mean jesus. Donations are so lame and I hate them.

Don't get me wrong though. The new DR is worse than the old DR. But it's still fun.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The new DR isn't bad at ALL. People are really over-reacting because they can't do "umad 10char" anymore. If you don't get mad about it being changed and just live with the new rules, it's not really that bad.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
They had the option of not having post count on and continuing to have zero rules, but they went with the other method.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
That's not true at all.

But it's not something worth discussing, especially here.
This. To be honest, I kind of don't like the new DR, either.

I can understand a couple of people being annoying. But it was a few people that messed it up for the rest of us. The DR was a huge, social gathering. It was really fun and one of my favorite parts on Smashboards. However, threads get quickly closed, you can't really express that much anymore, and you can easily be infracted just by having less than two sentences.

This is just my two-cents. I liked the old DR, and I agree I wish those few people didn't do what they do. But I also wish they had more enforcers and yeah take out post count. That way it's not +1 every time.

They feel like it'll get rid of the bad members which it probably will but it's going to get rid of a lot of good and okay members, too.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
@Jake, When the DR became a problem because of certain members, it was brought up in the SS and discussed between the active DR members that were mods (not saying who), and a couple of others through PMs (not saying who). The two options were either that (A) every "social" room loses post count but doesn't gain rules, or that (B) every social room keeps or gains post count but has to have some rules in place. Trust me, I know, it affected us as well.

But I'll leave it alone.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
wow this thread just kinda dropped dead....soooo yeah you guys are gonna be intimidated by spin and i with our brooklyn rage! cause it aint no suprise check out my red eyes..... cant be our cant beat our no they cant beat our brooklyn rage! :J

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
The DR is the Disco Room. A room that you have access to when you get premium. It used to be this really cool place, but now theres new rules to it so it's kinda dead. It used to be rule-free but yeah. The people that used to be in the DR don't like the rule change so that's why theymad P:

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
didn't mayling say she was dropping out of the pr?

cause i thought she said she was, but if that is true her spot is open and there will be a lot of switching around cause a lot of people really stepped up there game.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
My name is Nathaniel... I like to dance!
<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wp_PnJN5d84&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wp_PnJN5d84&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>
I like to dain~

Edit: My first video posted in a post! :'D

Top Bottom