• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

INDIANA/KENTUCKY Official PR (Brawl) (as of 7/18/10)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Wait what happened to Level 9 Snake? and who's his robot master going to be?

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lol. When can I see these PR rankings!! At least all of you guys can agree on a theme.

Wait...why is level 9 snake on your PR? O__O

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
We did agree on a theme, we're doing a Robot Masters PR. As for the picture, we'll get it up when we get it up.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Okay... and how will the PR be a serious one, if there's a computer controlled player/character on our rankings. Part of the reason IN/KY is looked at as a joke...

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
First off, he'd be an honorable honorable mention.

Second off, people who pin reasons why we look like a joke on us like that are the reason we are looked at as a joke.
Also because we're super far behind Ohio/Michigan Top 4 and the people who look at us "as a joke" are pompous *******s who should stop judging people based on how good they are at a party game.

Count

Smash Champion
If he's on there he'll just be listed in his own silly tier like 'level nine snake tier' or something goofy like that. He of course won't legitimately be on the PR.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
This would be the extent of things. This was the where L9S was in the latest KY power ranking before we merged. The fact that the joke is this unknown means we haven't been entering him as much as we should be, haha.

L9S is a joke. He's listed completely as a joke because he's nothing more than that. It's a long going Kentucky joke that we've had for a little over a year now. We've entered him in tournaments as a joke. We've thrown games to get him to place 17th at a tournament, as a joke.

Also, level 9 snake is an actual entrant to the tournament. He's entered by the Kentucky players (<3 my state), and they pay his entry fee and everything.
I've never heard someone say Kentucky was bad because of L9S.

Also, when the third tier list was released, Inui was listed as the last placement on the tier list. Did people think the tier list was dumb, or that they just bull ****ted their way through it because of that? No, it was a joke. If he is on it, it'll be made obvious that we're not serious lol

edit: i'm not as serious about this as i may seem XD i'm kinda just ****in around

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
First off, he'd be an honorable honorable mention.

So he wouldn't be worth mentioning, or putting on the list, then... That's basically what you're saying. You can't get any lower than honorable mention.

Second off, people who pin reasons why we look like a joke on us like that are the reason we are looked at as a joke.
So it's my fault along with a few others, who point out true facts, that IN/KY is looked at as a joke? It'll continue to be my fault, since a level 9 Snake on our PR will make us look so much better.

Also because we're super far behind Ohio/Michigan Top 4 and the people who look at us "as a joke" are pompous *******s who should stop judging people based on how good they are at a party game.
We're only behind, due to lack of smashers in our area. That's still not reason to be looked at as a joke. Level 9 Snake is...
And okay, "Team Samondorf" "Double Jiggz" and other random shiz that you enjoy blowing $10 on. I'm so pompous now, because I pointed out the truth. Whatever, though. I'll be that guy.

I want us to get better as a whole, but as of late, I don't give a ****. I'll get better on my own.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I really don't understand Sov :/ You're making an assumption that people think IN or KY is bad for a reason that isn't accurate. No one has ever thought of "us" as a joke because of it. In fact, L9S is really only an active joke in the Louisville community, or whenever we travel to a tournament (such as Athens, or Missouri). So saying that IN is looked down on because of it is completely incorrect because it's mostly a Kentucky (louisville) meme and hasn't been too large of a joke outside of Louisville since the merge (meaning we haven't entered him in many tournaments lately). So no, you didn't "point out the truth".

Seriously, what's the problem, bro?

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL @ IN/KY being a joke, are you being serious?

You guys have Krystedez/Hilt/Renegade/Count/Judo who have all demonstrated themselves to be consistent threats within the region at the very least. How are you guys a joke? Five regional/near-national level players between 2 states that have fairly low Smasher population density is pretty good lol

Are you upset that Ohio has a larger smasher population and more drivers? If that's what the issue's about then it's stupid. If you ask Hilt and Crash, there was one phase too where I thought the Midwest, not just INKY was looked at as a joke and I ranted about it on AlaArcana for about 3+ hours (across diff days ofc). Turns out people were more or less upset about Overswarm and that people respected us, they just liked to troll us too. So whatever's happening, stop blaming it on a perception of IN/KY because that isn't going ANYWHERE.

Off topic but are you going to Day's tourney this weekend, Sov?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
My biggest problem was the way Composer came at me. Other then that, I now understand what the Level 9 Snake is about. I still don't agree with it, but it's apparently been around, so what can I do?

On the other hand, Composer, chill the **** out. You act like I stabbed you, when I made my first post, regarding Level 9 Snake. Posts like yours will only provoke someone to anger, rather than drive them to understanding. Do you want to get better at a party game that you pay $15-$25 every tournament on? Expect to be judged, if you do. If not, quit Brawl.

And with that, I move on, knowing where the Level 9 Snake came about, and why it is even considered for PR.

After Reading Clowsui's Post EDIT:

The answer to your question about Ohio and it's irrelevant populous is a no.

And I didn't plan on going to Day's tournament this weekend, and couldn't since I have to work, but if someone from IN is going and is willing to pick me up, and give me a ride, I'm all for going. I'll just call-in. Why you ask?

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
We're in it to get good but have fun in the process. If we were all about being super serious, IN/KY would be another SoCal or another elitist region. So having L9S hanging around shouldn't skew your opinion of how good our region is. MW:W loved L9S when we went to Kahoka.

Several players in IN/KY have competed and can compete with the upper echelons of OH and MI. When you have fun, you do better. Which is why I'm still playing :sonic: and not maining :snake:

Do as Queens of the Stone Age say "Go With The Flow."

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Look dude, I'm not trying to target you or call you out. I actually think you're a pretty cool guy when you're not overly confident (but it's smash and everyone is super cocky at some point).

But I'm just saying that the only people I've actually seen consider INKY a joke are people from Indiana (and Chi but god bless his Midwest loving heart). I've never been to an OoS where someone judged my skill level based on where I came from, only based on how I played, and even then, people were only willing to help me improve, not call me a joke. You just need to give us more credit and believe in our region or else of course we're going to look like a joke.

The second statement wasn't even directed at you. Or anyone. It's just a statement--if you're seriously going to watch me play Brawl, call me a joke, and then not even get to know me because of my skill in brawl? You might be taking the game too seriously, and if that were how people looked at this game then I wouldn't get along with anyone because they all better than me.

Now let's both chill out, alright?

Personally I just think u jealous that you've never double rested Lain and Judge's double PTs <3

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
lol. I'm all right now. I was coming down from some drinks, so I blame it on the a-a-a-a-alcohol. Circle of Death is the best drinking game known to man.

Now I'm gonna top that by Warlocke Punching Lain's ICs in the face.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
lol. I'm all right now. I was coming down from some drinks, so I blame it on the a-a-a-a-alcohol. Circle of Death is the best drinking game known to man.

Now I'm gonna top that by Warlocke Punching Lain's ICs in the face.

No j-j-j-johns.

I'm gonna top both of you by beating Lain's IC's with Sonic. Something Shugo hasn't even done yet. Get@me.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
No j-j-j-johns.

I'm gonna top both of you by beating Lain's IC's with Sonic. Something Shugo hasn't even done yet. Get@me.
I got 10 toilets I can john all day!

Mine is gonna look more legit since I'll pay Lain to stage it with me. I know u mad now.

Count

Smash Champion
Landmines and kingz ftw!

Sov, I might go to cincy this weekend just because kryz really wants the MLG experience. I probably should't go, but I want IN rep at MLG from both you and kryz. We can discuss this more as the week moves on.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I tried to teach my friends Falco and everything I said went in one ear and out the other. I tried to break it down into lessons and it still didn't help. Then again, Sovereign is actually good and they are random casuals that have the attention span of a moth.

Top Bottom