• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Veril

Frame Savant
this thread = the jigglypuff boards lol

Time for another failed attempt to find a replacement researcher lol: Seriously, if any of you are interested in doing legit in-depth frame data collection and analysis, especially getting staled move adv formulas, you should PM me. I am probably the most experienced at using frame advance to model situations that would actually occur in matches, and almost definitely have the most developed and efficient methodology for getting on hit adv windows (literally the single most useful type of frame data, and also some of the most time consuming to gather).

also http://xat.com/Narcoleptic_Queen

That xat used to be pretty sick, I stopped going cause it was hella dead. The activity level on Jigglypuff chats is a really good measure of the health of the board. I mean, I'm often on the B+ irc (which I love), but I do kinda miss the epic goofiness that was the old Jiggs chat (pre-drama).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Seriously though if any of you are interested in doing legit in-depth frame data collection and analysis, especially getting staled move adv formulas, you should PM me.
It's too bad you don't play Zelda.

We got K Prime for the Pikas, but the Zeldas kinda rely on me (and hotgarbage, but he hasn't done any testing in a while, iirc) for frame data stuff...... and I'm really lazy/not as great at data collection as I'd like to be.

I might PM you anyways for some general research help, if that's okay. =X

Veril

Frame Savant
son of the wall of text

My response to this post started reasonable and just spun out of control...

It's too bad you don't play Zelda.

We got K Prime for the Pikas, but the Zeldas kinda rely on me (and hotgarbage, but he hasn't done any testing in a while, iirc) for frame data stuff...... and I'm really lazy/not as great at data collection as I'd like to be.

I might PM you anyways for some general research help, if that's okay. =X
Yeah sure, PM away ;p

I've seen K-prime and hotgarbages data threads and they're very good.

If you know PSA, have frame advance and are aware of some of the basic formula (like determining bkb induced hitstun... omg so useful for throw balancing). It seriously just takes one bored, over-caffeinated geekling with a lot of time on their hands.

I pulled it off before when I took a medical leave from school and had the time (the golden age of puff research lol) and again over the summer. At that point I spent like a straight week long vacation at the beach, collecting shells, swimming, doing math ;p pored over b+ frame, hitbox and general mechanics data and probably collected more by hand than any other person (on B+ at least). S*** was so amazing, omg.

It was like, well, I will never be the best vBrawl player. I probably won't even be the best B+ player... but I will know as much as it is possible for a person to know about this game. Frame advance + psa + a whole bunch of formula... amazing tools. Also there were a few people in the wbr who were super-helpful and taught me a lot (Magus and Leaf) about the mechanics and several formula. And now well... yeah.

TL:DR: stuff that is important to Jiggs, and not just me going off on an epic tangent.

Lol no short version for you!

Anyway, I had to collect a ton of data manually (on hit esp, and throw frame data) so I got really good at doing that efficiently. And I learned a ton of vBrawl frame data as well in the process. Like, I'm not really so much interested in playing vBrawl Jiggs as much as its just a challenge to squeeze whatever research can out of her.

A ton of the "lower level" research has already been done on Jiggs (interrupt resting, footstool stuff, lightstepping, grab-releases, wavebouncing, dacus, every possible AT no matter how situational). There's practical stuff like KO%, but people can find that out on their own easily. What's left is the higher level research that seriously is not worth doing for the purpose of actually winning. Don't get me wrong, knowing adv windows is extremely useful for finding combos (I like doing finding combos via math so much..., its kinda silly).

If one of you puffs:
•is not bad at math
•has a hacked wii and the frame advance code (I can give it to you if you want regardless)
•has waay too much free time
•consumes a large quantity of caffeine
•and is a ridiculous, shameless geek that actually cares about this crap

I can make you pro at smash science. Not hacking, I suck at that lol, but at research and data collection methods. I also could practically walk you through a bunch of useful tests for Jiggs. School and the B+ project keep me way too busy to do this myself.

Any takers?

Veril

Frame Savant
>:D

I'll be getting home from lab around 6 (earlier possibly) and from that point on I'll be finishing the stage boundaries for some of the new stages (RF+ ftw!) and working on the perfect shffl/DJC/float-cancel demo.

So I'll be doing R&D later anyway. Get at me ;p

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Smashboards glitched on me D:

London. Why are you not there? :confused:
cuz londun sux olol.

In all seriousness, two of my good friends are hellbent on moving to London, and they've been attempting to drag me over there with them. I won't be moving until I get at LEAST two more years of education under my belt, but you never know.

E•O•S

Smash Rookie
Introduction

Hello Smashboards members! Im new here and just wanted to tell a little bit about myself and get to know everyone.

Im 15 and my name is bradley. I was born and raised in alabama.

Ive been playing smash series games every since smash64 was the latest version of the game.

I have been maining random for over a year now and i feel pretty good that i started maining random that long ago because now im good with any character lol. Sometimes i wish i was as good with 1 character like ally, m2k, mango, lain, ect. But im glad i can be any character instead of just 1 or 2.

In brawl i started pickng up on playing doubles and its quite fun actually. I mean i still play a lot of singles matchs but i try to figure out new stratagies all the time for doubles.

Reason i picked random for my main is because i was tired of having to stick to just 1 or 2 characters so i decided to go with random and do the best i could with what i had. You ever heard the saying (you get what you get and you dont care a bit) well that fits me just perfect lol. But seriously i have played the smash games for a long time now and i know how to play the game pretty well and if you know how to do that then it doesnt matter what character you pick. So thats another reason why i main random.

Lets see here.. Im 15 turning 16 pretty soon and my name is Bradley. I was born and raised in alabama. My dad is in the Army and i hope to go in the army when i turn 18. He is getting deployed again for the 2nd time to afghanistan but i have a feeling he will come back unharmed but there is always that scary feeling that he wont you know what i mean.

The family that isnt moved out already and lives with us now are my sister holly that is 16, my little sister olivia which is 7 and my little brother andrew that is 12 and he is the **** lol.
We also have a boston terrior puppy named maggie and a chihuahua puppy named gidget.

I love my family and me and my brother do a lot of doubles together so we spend a lot of time together. Me and him also entered a local tournament which was singles and we placed 3rd and 4th. He actually came in 3rd but im not going to lie, he as doing very well in that tournament and even pros there was surprised at his skills lol. Which items was on and i was only warmed up for no items and they chaged it last minute so it threw me off. But it was fun and we had a good time.

Btw my name E•O•S stands for Element Of Surpise. I started useing this username when i picked up on maining random.

Well i hope you enjoyed my little life story lol.

I hope to talk to you all soon and make friends on here.

Cya soon :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Welcome to the boards, EOS! In the future, social-type things like this should go in the board's social thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228955

In fact, I'm going to merge this into it now.

Btw, Gidget is a really ****ing cute name for a dog. I love it! And Element of Surprise is pretty clever considering you main random, hehe.

E•O•S

Smash Rookie
wow thank you for the compliments <3

Im not sure if you know this or not but gidget means girl ****** and we just had to name her that because when we got her she was soooo tiny lol. She is still very tiny but she was like rat size when we got her hahaha

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's adorable! I don't think I've ever had a small dog.... first we had a Great Dane, then two Dobermans. Our dog now is the smallest yet (Bull Terrier), but he makes up for it by being strong as ****.

Ambu(ECNAL)

Smash Rookie
Well in this thread, I'm guessing any Jiggy discussion is enabled to a certain extend?
Whynot talk about Jiggly's size stature.

E•O•S

Smash Rookie
No i didnt post that on every character board. I just really like it when random picks the puff for me lol. Oh and my favorite dog is a german shepherd but my mom is allergic to there dander so i have to wait until i move out to get one =[

Player-3

Smash Hero
how bad is the jiggz : DK matchup?

it seems like it is terrible because jiggs dies at 3% and dk lives till 180...

just curious i can't find anything

and puff is really fun :O

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
that's what mango means when he says ****!
when the **** connects the programmers try to counteract the unjust act, but it clashes forcing with the poor soul forcing an explosion in the opponent. Sakurai new jiggly would be hesitant to try this unjust act again, so he added a code to weaken her ability....but it was not enough
SHE STILL *****!!!!!

CantTouchThis

Smash Rookie
Hi

Im new to this place and just wanted to say hey to you jigglypuffs out there. Also i have been useing a red jigglypuff and red kirby for a long time now because red is my fav color but i want to change my look up a bit.

So just post your vote on what color you would want me to use on jigglypuff and kirby.

Hopefully i can meet some jigglypuff friends on here :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No comment this time, lol.

However, I would like to know where you got that SV texture. =X

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Hi

Im new to this place and just wanted to say hey to you jigglypuffs out there. Also i have been useing a red jigglypuff and red kirby for a long time now because red is my fav color but i want to change my look up a bit.

So just post your vote on what color you would want me to use on jigglypuff and kirby.

Hopefully i can meet some jigglypuff friends on here :)
Hiii CantTouchThis. Lol I know that song. Did you introduce yourself on meet and greet?

I use kirby and jigglypuff also.:kirby::jigglypuf I use yellow kirby and normal, blue jigglypuff.

CantTouchThis

Smash Rookie
no i havent introduced myself yet but if i have enough time on my hands i will.

Oh and im honestly thinking about dropping kirby and going to peach.

Now i have nothing against kirby but i got to thinking about the pros in melee times and there was mango and armada that were just neck and neck all the time and they were go much better than m2k and other pros. So then brawl comes out and nobody uses jigglypuff or peach in tournaments anymore because they think they suck so im thinking about maining jigglypuff and secondary pick will maybe be peach just out of spite lol.

Nice to meet you Vmage

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I like the jigglypuff skin that looks like it's trolling you the most (aka most annoying).

Seems more satisfying if you win.
Btw I have some offline vids, but it doesn't quite fit in for the video topics, mostly cause of my lulzy use of rollout.

Singles matches vs MK, falco, and DK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToW8vmSLA4g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP4TarSOwck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qvB3NdxM4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlLvGnZL_KU

Some Doubles matches with a falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6y6nfywu4Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1W3TtesQx0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txrLHftMKpY

Framerate

Smash Lord
Lol san, you should probably stick to ike...

I kid. Hehe your opponents weren't very good; they let you get away with a lot of stupid crap (read: jab-jab-running attack). Other than that, great puff. Nair goes through falco's over-b, don't stale your fair too much (use in moderation!), and learn the dacus. Also, side taunt is the best taunt.

See, puff isn't so bad.

Edit: watched the last match. **** you got a nice puff. Dr. G's DK is actually pretty good (beyond the 3 sd's), and you had some awesome spacing around the 0:38 mark. Not to mention some good sharking all around. Too bad Dr. G didn't make you work for the kills, that's the hard part about playing puff.

Could use more rest.

Second edit: Ok, doubles was neat. You kinda got a taste of the puff frustration at the end there. Don't forget that utilt will kill at high %, you missed a good opportunity at 4:06 in the first vid. I swear you play puff just like me...

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
no i havent introduced myself yet but if i have enough time on my hands i will.

Oh and im honestly thinking about dropping kirby and going to peach.

Now i have nothing against kirby but i got to thinking about the pros in melee times and there was mango and armada that were just neck and neck all the time and they were go much better than m2k and other pros. So then brawl comes out and nobody uses jigglypuff or peach in tournaments anymore because they think they suck so im thinking about maining jigglypuff and secondary pick will maybe be peach just out of spite lol.

Nice to meet you Vmage
Nice to meet you too. So... you're switching to peach eh?

I heard kirby was bad in melee and Jigglypuff good in melee but I already saw how good she is in melee. But as for kirby, it's so hard for me to think how bad he was since kirby is good in brawl.

Peach is still good. I'm just not that good with her. But I've seen people who use her well.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
that mk just ran up to you and got pounded. he never played defensive and it seems like he doesn't care if hes going to get hit, still a nice puff tho

Top Bottom