• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Tallman: Fair enough, but you just admitted that you weren't playing your best in those matches..... so I'm not sure why you're surprised at my reaction to them. Pardon me for not searching YouTube for better performances from you.

In any case, like I said, I meant no offense. No need to get mad or resort to namecalling. =P

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
You find joy in watching other people argue and get upset?!

................I like this guy. =D
I like him as well. He doesn't do anything positive for these boards/Jigglypuff nor does he even play Jigglypuff anymore yet he lurks here. =D

Metatitan

Smash Master

I like you too =D

I like him as well. He doesn't do anything positive for these boards/Jigglypuff nor does he even play Jigglypuff anymore yet he lurks here. =D
When I did I contributed a ton to these boards, probably only being surpassed by Veril in contributions (for quantity that is). I could restart the moveset discussion threads again if you would like.

And yes veril Dapuffster=Jigglymaster

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I could restart the moveset discussion threads again if you would like.
why don't you then instead of wasting your time trolling/being unproductive here? I'd like to see that from you for a change.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
But woody just does wifi
where jigglypuff is buffed like hell
. :ohwell: He didn't place at Pound4 like Jigglymaster either. In fact he didnt even make it out of pools. =/ Give jigglymaster more credit, Veril. Woody is unique but it's wifi, and Jigglymaster has tourny results.

ehh, i borrowed a controller at pound 4 and i only played 2 of my matches because it wasn't working out for me (couldn't adjust to the controller, ect)
i tried my best in doubles though and commonly had 3 stocks at the end of games without planking :)
Besides, Dapuffster rarely went jiggz in tourney and we always lost when we went double puff (no offense to puffster)
Just saying, i spend a ridiculous amount of time playing this game, i keep a notebook by my bed and if it weren't a transportation issue, i would go to every tourney i could. Im working on that too, i found someone locally who could give me a ride, hes just been busy lately. (camalange)

Metatitan

Smash Master
why don't you then instead of wasting your time trolling/being unproductive here? I'd like to see that from you for a change.
I mostly post in the GD, which is the appropriate thread.

See that from me for a change? The change was me being unproductive on these boards, I've done plenty in the past and me offering to start being productive again is actually nice. Don't act like I've never done anything.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
......I missed the slight drama?
uh...
You know its hard for me to come in here and post more than a sentence :/

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wisbiscuit, I forgot you play Jiggs!

Or maybe I never knew? I can't remember if you used her during our friendlies or not, but I feel like you did.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Yeah I did. I got some stupid wifi gimps on your olimar :3

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
He's contributed in the past. Besides, I think we've milked Jigglypuff (and the rest of Brawl) dry.

EDIT: I have a feeling Veril will dispute this...

Veril

Frame Savant
probably only being surpassed by Veril in contributions (for quantity that is)[/COLOR]
B****, please. Resting out of diddy's dash attack is greater than any single piece of information you produced. I have quantity, quality, and just the general difficulty in doing the kind of research I did.

Greg is the only person with higher quality material.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
wow jiggz community is so ****ed up.... Kaylo good luck modding this dump, it's been like this always, even causing the old mod air to resign.

Metatitan

Smash Master
B****, please. Resting out of diddy's dash attack is greater than any single piece of information you produced. I have quantity, quality, and just the general difficulty in doing the kind of research I did.

I never said better quality :p

Resting out of SDI has been used since melee though, it's just easier and more prominent in brawl because of less hitstun. And AT LEAST I APPLIED REST ALMOST AS MUCH AS YOU DID :p. That's more than most people at least attempted for.

You can't say I didnt try for you <3

Noobicidal

Smash Master

As a seasoned troll, I agree that seeing others bicker in vain is highly entertaining.

Teehee.

Unrelated to anything, but I still love you.

wow jiggz community is so ****ed up.... Kaylo good luck modding this dump, it's been like this always, even causing the old mod air to resign.
Nah, it's been like this since last March when Alex decided to go "HURR DURR APE****".

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
First of all: Noobicidal, I love your sig.

Now that that's out of the way:

Honestly, I was expecting much worse when I came. I've read through some of the older threads to get a feel for how bad the trolling and whatnot can get, but apart from Alex's shenanigans, the rest hasn't been anything that firm moderation can't handle.

For one, it takes two to troll effectively. A troll is rarely a success unless someone falls for it, and unfortunately, there seem to be some easy targets here.

I don't want to single anybody out, so I'll urge everyone to be a little less defensive and a little more conscious of when you might be getting trolled -- and if you are, ignore them. They'll get infracted, and you won't waste time and energy getting worked up over nothing (or worse, counter-trolling and getting infracted too).

Secondly, SNO, the attitude of the community has to change for the community itself to change. Comments like "well, the Jiggs community sucks, so good luck with modding this dump" (paraphrasing) aren't helpful and only bring the mood down further. Even if things aren't going a smoothly as they could, stay positive and do what you can to advance the community without bashing it.

Or keep doing what you've been doing..... honestly, it doesn't matter to me, lol. I'm just here to make nice and push the red+yellow button if I need to. =X

tl;dr: Complaining does nothing. Lead by example. Leave the trolls to me. <3

Veril

Frame Savant
Impenetrable wall of text lol

tl;dr: Complaining does nothing. Lead by example. Leave the trolls to me. <3
This community has a ton of potential and there definitely was a brief period where things were really really moving along here. The drama and trolling weren't always huge issues.

I never said better quality :p

Resting out of SDI has been used since melee though, it's just easier and more prominent in brawl because of less hitstun. And AT LEAST I APPLIED REST ALMOST AS MUCH AS YOU DID :p. That's more than most people at least attempted for.

You can't say I didnt try for you <3
I had no idea about SDI into rest when I got here lol... and nobody in any game detailed it to the degree I did. i mean, watching hungrybox now I'm like, d*** son sick rests all day! <3 hungrybox. But at the time I knew very little about Jigglypuff having only played her briefly in melee, which i was (and still am) a noob at anyway.

Resting out of moves in melee is a lot different due to the higher hitstun, lower hitlag, the non-inv rest, smaller hitbox, actually a powerful move, etc etc etc. Same concept but massively different.

Knowing that you can rest out of Luigi's jab to up-b combo with the right SDI, and diddy's dash attack, and all the rapid jabs, is really useful imo but nobody ever got amazing at it (though Glick is really legit at resting out of moves in B+... its annoying sometimes when he's like lol "perfect-rested Veril" >.<)

Nobody was talking about it before I had gotten here and since I left nothing new has been discovered that is Jigglypuff specific in vBrawl and the two fairly interesting developments imo were Overswarm's new pivot tech (don't remember the name) and the buffered DACUS which isn't especially good for jiggs given her god awful run speed and her not having a ZOMG bdacus like diddy or sheik.

I looked into Jiggs to such a degree. And Mr. Eh got grab releases, a lot of people did a lot of work... and I think we did everything we can short of the type of frame advance testing I've been doing for a while for B+ balancing. The problem is, it is very time consuming to find the on hit adv formulas that account for staleness, which is really the single thing we haven't explored yet that could really help Jiggs.

Any aspiring Jiggs scientists should get a purin.pac with the visible hitboxes and learn to work with frame advance. I have some info at the end of this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260740

Anyway yeah you were great at resting (definitely at perfect resting). VaNz was really good as well. Glick was great at reading airdodges. I definitely give you props for even trying Jiggs and was really glad that you would actually try the stuff I was working on... those were good days, but not competitively successful and eventually I, and most of us I think had reached the point where we just moved on to other characters or different games (and tbh waaay more rewarding research).

The Jiggs community has been pretty cool at various points. I don't think anyone would deny that. There were so many cool people. One of the reasons I was so into the testing aspect was I thought it was really something that could propel us forward and I actually really liked the "regulars" here. It just was something that happened when brawl was younger and the metagame hadn't solidified to the degree it has at this point. The best thing that could happen for Jiggs at this point would be for the ledgegrab limits to be removed or loosened a lot, which would only happen if her 2nd best high-tier matchup (and my main in this game) was banned. Everything about that sentence makes me sad.

Anyway, sup Meta. Do you still hate B+? I really wish you didn't :(

Unrelated to anything, but I still love you.
You're awesome. We need to talk about brinstar at some point.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I feel that this community (which I lurked in for about a year and some months) has done amazing stuff even with the trolling and drama. I don't think any of you have to prove that (your contributions) to one another?
.....I don't know.......

Random statement:
I've started n-airing more often. I love n-air to grab, n-air breaking through shields...
n-air to drill.......I'm starting to use it more than b-air!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
First of all: Noobicidal, I love your sig.
I found it entertaining at the time as well.

You're awesome. We need to talk about brinstar at some point.
Just give me a time and location, and I'd love to discuss Brinstar with you. I could even attempt to bump the Stage Discussion
not that it will do any good afterwards

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
@ Kaylo yea I see what you're saying, personally I get frustrated with these boards because we never seem to be united, something that I think would help Jigglypuff if we focused and put our minds to it.

Veril

Frame Savant
What is the actual competitive value of helping Jiggs though? Is there any reason to main Jiggs other than her being the cutest character in the game?

She's good in low-tier events, as a counter to diddy kong, would be really good without a LGL, and is a decent doubles character. For brawl singles though she's not at all viable. I think anything done here should focus on those areas where she has potential.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
For brawl singles though she's not at all viable. I think anything done here should focus on those areas where she has potential.
That's an ideal mindset, but it doesn't work in practice. I tried the same approach on the Zelda boards (and still do from time to time), but the fact is this:

There will always be people who main Jigglypuff -- or any other unviable character. Not everybody plays the game for money/top placings, and people choose their characters for a variety of reasons. If everybody chose their main solely on the basis of competitive value, everybody would main Meta Knight or Snake or other top/high tiers (more than they already do :urg:).

If you, personally, only want to look into things Jiggs is good at, nobody is stopping you. But you can't expect the entire board to limit itself in the same way.

EDIT: I don't want you to think I'm saying your idea is bad or wrong or anything.... because I actually wholeheartedly agree with you. (When people post about going against MKs in tourney with Zelda, I facepalm my brains out.) Just sharing my POV based on experiences with a similar community.

Veril

Frame Savant
I think that the board should actually narrow its aims a bit in order to get anything done tbh.

Part of the reason I feel the way I do is that people who are playing to win might actually use Jiggs in the scenarios I outlined (low tier events, to counter Diddy or even in a non-low tier doubles event... though that's a stretch). That's the sort of motivation that produces genuinely useful information. I think the best way to attract people with that mentality (playing to win in a competitive setting, not just wifi or local friendlies) is by using the limited resources of this board in a more focused way.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Like I said, I agree with you. But people do and will always main Jiggs outside of low tiers/Diddy/etc., and the forum has to cater to them as well, so this focus you're talking about is very unlikely to happen.

But you can feel free to try if you want, lol. I doubt anybody else is gonna take on that task.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I think Veril might be *slightly* overly pessimistic about Jigglypuff's potiential.

hey I didn't see any other F-tier characters placing at Pound4 tho!

Metatitan

Smash Master
I don't hate B+ Veril, I just don't see why people would pick it over melee. That said, if I'm ever in New York I'd love to hit you up for some matches (I seriously doubt I'll be in New York anytime soon unless my family decides to do an EC roadtrip.

i Don't Hate B+ Veril, I Just Don't See Why People Would Pick It Over Melee. That Said, If I'm Ever In New York I'd Love To Hit You Up For Some Matches (i Seriously Doubt I'll Be In New York Anytime Soon Unless My Family Decides To Do An Ec Roadtrip.
When Are You Going To London? D:

Top Bottom