• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Those *******s took away my mod title :(

Well it was fun while it lasted lol.

So what did you all do yesterday? You do any good pranks that you would like to share with us?

Veril

Frame Savant
i think you can roll to rest a yoshi's pivot grab :0
Yoshi's pivot grab has iasa frame 37. Jiggs roll iirc have 33 as the first actionable frame (like iasa except based on the animation actually ending and not interrupting it... w/e ;p)

Rest hits on frame 2.

So if predict a pivot grab from Yoshi and roll backwards towards them (something that is incredibly foolish and risky in general) such that rests hitbox actually overlaps with Yoshi's hurtbox...

Yes, it is technically possible with a 2 frame margin of error.

Some Caveats
-you cannot jump or dash into the rest or Yoshi can PS the rest. Jump start is too high (6iirc) for this to be possible. So its hard to position.
-Rolling into someone for this requires perfect spacing AND that the backwards roll be used (due to rests hitbox).
-extremely punishable.
-Yoshi has a wavedash in the form of draconic reverse, and some actually have the technical skill to pull this off (imo DR is a lot harder than a conventional wavedash, but I am able to DR just having practiced it a lot when working on the DJCH glitch for B+). This can help them space out those pivot grabs.
-Yoshi's Pivot grab can pull you out of certain portions of your roll animation.

Don't do this!

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
New playing style for me

Hello all Jigglypuff players out there I have thought of a new playing style that might be effective or it might not be effective and i want your opinions on it.

Alright this is how it works, just say my opponent is going to use falco.. then i would use pikachu because falcos worst MU is against pikachu. Same goes for other characters like rob, i would go to mk.

You get the idea, counterpicking. So now i will show a list of each character and which character i would choose against them. Hope you like it.. and give your honest opinion if you think this method would work out.

Metaknight-- Snake, Diddy kong, Falco, Ice climbers, Wario

Snake-- Metaknight, King Dedede, Olimar

Diddy Kong-- Wolf

Falco-- Pikachu

Ice climbers-- Snake

Marth-- Metaknight

Wario-- Metaknight, Marth

King dedede-- Ice climbers

Pikachu-- Marth

Olimar-- Metaknight, Luigi

Lucario-- Metaknight, Snake, Marth, King dedede, G&W

G&W-- Snake, Marth

Pit-- Metaknight, Marth, Wario, Olimar, G&W

Toon link-- Metaknight

ZSS-- Falco

Kirby-- Ice climbers

Rob-- Metaknight

Donkey Kong-- King dedede

Peach-- Metaknight

Fox-- Ice climbers, Shiek

Luigi-- Marth, King dedede, G&W

Wolf-- Metaknight, King dedede

Shiek-- Ice climbers

Pokemon Trainer-- Metaknight, Marth

Sonic-- Marth, G&W

Ness-- Metaknight, Snake, Marth, Wario, King dedede, Toon link, Shiek

Bowser-- King dedede

Lucas-- Snake, Marth, Donkey kong

Ike-- Falco, Olimar

Yoshi-- Marth, Lucario, Wolf, Samus

Mario-- Metaknight, King dedede

Captain Falcon-- Metaknight

Samus-- Metaknight

Jigglypuff-- G&W

Zelda-- Metaknight, Olimar, G&W

Link-- Metaknight, Falco, King dedede, Rob, Fox, Shiek

Ganondorf-- Ice climbers, Olimar, Shiek

So what i did there was shown what characters go best up against other characters. Every player tries there best to make the match as hard as possible for there opponent and thats exactly what im trying to do here.

If you dont think that this is a good idea then please tell me why.

Also the main 3 that i seen that goes best up againt others are Metaknight, King dedede and Marth but i try my best not to limit myself and that is why i choose this style of playing. (I get to be a whole bunch of different characters and still have the advantage)

Thanks for your time

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Belongs in the social or in a blog. Counterpicking is a pretty standard strategy and not specific to Jiggs.

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna go ahead and merge this into the social.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Kaylo.

Oh and do you think that this will work out pretty well for me? I mean someone already told me that most people try to practce and get better at there worst matchups but that doesnt mean that they still dont have the disadvantage in the match.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's not a good idea because players learn bad matchups.

I tried counterpicking Logic's Olimar with Luigi, and unfortunately his partner is doubles is Boss. Counterpicking is a good idea with one secondary but just going for their worst matchup won't win you sets. Games maybe, but a best out of 3 won't get you far.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not only that, but very few players can play that many characters at a high level. Not doubting your skill or anything, but you'll probably see much better results if you focus on a few characters (1-3) rather than trying to pick up a ton.

It's much more beneficial to be excellent with a few characters than mediocre with many.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i see what your saying and i have been maining 2 character for a long time now but jigglypuff and peach just cant win me the matchs that i really want to be won. I mean i tried soooooo hard with peach but no matter how bad i want to be better with her i never will be because i dont feel comfortable with her. Oh and jigglypuff is just a silly character that i picked up. I mean no matter how good you are with jiggly your never going to make it to the top unless you play melee. (no offence to those that main jigglypuff but i also mained her for a long time and she is just a silly character that wins and loses matchs thats all)

But however i did take to thought what yal said about counterpicking and having a true main, plus if its a best out of 3 match then i would just see who they are switching to and counterpick again although i might just keep that character again and if i lose the 2nd round then i would counterpick on the last round.

Now right now im actually thinking of a main that i already feel pretty comfortable with because that is the key to winning. If you dont feel good with your character then you will never be good with him/her.

So here are a few that im actually thinking of right now that are pretty decent characters with little knowledge of them, plus i feel comfortable with them already...

Marth
Pit
Wolf
Shiek
Ganondorf

The characters that i posted above may or may not seem good to you but i like them characters the best out of all the selection of brawl. However i do have a question for you all...

Should i pick 1-3 of them characters and counterpick when i want? That way i still have my mains and i can still couterpick when useful. (Keep in mind that i used to main random for about half a year so im pretty decent with pretty much any character)

I look forward to your posts :)

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
Jigglypuff takes very long to main. I practiced with her right when I unlocked her, and I'm getting the hang of it.
I don't recomend Ganondorf as he is very hard to recover, bad air dodge, slow on everything.
I think Marth is pretty good.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Marth and/or Pit would be your best choices if you're looking for good matchup coverage.

Veril

Frame Savant
^unless you are ninjalink or azen XD
Wrong. They are able to play a wide range of characters, but they still have characters that they use preferentially in competition. Ninjalink uses Diddy and Rob (with Pikachu in doubles) and Azen uses Lucario/MK iirc.

@Jigglypeach
If you are maining Jigglypuff and not keeping her as a pocket second... well, I question the logic behind that. If you are using Peach/Jiggs, I've heard Pikachu and Peach cover the bases pretty well. MK and DDD are also excellent secondaries.

You need to have a main to rely on for double blind picks. It isn't possible to focus on more than a few characters even as seconds.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pika's an all right secondary for Peach. Marth'll probably still be a problem, though, considering he's one of Pika's worst matchups, and iirc Peach doesn't do too well against him either. (Not 100% sure about that, though.) G&W and ROB might be tough too.

The problem with picking up Pika as a secondary is that he has a really high learning curve and evenish MUs across the board -- but only if you have the MU experience. You can't really pick up and play him without putting in a lot of actual match time (vs. practicing in Training Mode or something), so if you don't have people to play offline or a REALLY good wifi connection, I wouldn't suggest him as a secondary.

Just my 2 cents. I've seen so many players pick him up thinking he's easy or wanting to do his CGs/footstool > death shenanigans or because he's high tier, then drop him after a month because he's too hard to master.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Um actually i have dropped jigglypuff and peach all together and i now am going to start maining Luigi. Main reason for this is because me and my brother only play doubles competitivly and we decided to play as Luigi (me) and Mario (my brother) and then in singles i will be random and he just really picks whoever he wants because he only cares about winning doubles (singles doesnt mean anything to him.

But even though i dont main jigglypuff or peach im still going to keep my name Jigglypeach just because i love the name xD

Thanks for your replies everyone.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
i think you can roll to rest a yoshi's pivot grab :0
[not a question]
Yoshi's pivot grab has iasa frame 37. Jiggs roll iirc have 33 as the first actionable frame (like iasa except based on the animation actually ending and not interrupting it... w/e ;p)

Rest hits on frame 2.

So if predict a pivot grab from Yoshi and roll backwards towards them (something that is incredibly foolish and risky in general) such that rests hitbox actually overlaps with Yoshi's hurtbox...

Yes, it is technically possible with a 2 frame margin of error.

Some Caveats
-you cannot jump or dash into the rest or Yoshi can PS the rest. Jump start is too high (6iirc) for this to be possible. So its hard to position.
-Rolling into someone for this requires perfect spacing AND that the backwards roll be used (due to rests hitbox).
-extremely punishable.
-Yoshi has a wavedash in the form of draconic reverse, and some actually have the technical skill to pull this off (imo DR is a lot harder than a conventional wavedash, but I am able to DR just having practiced it a lot when working on the DJCH glitch for B+). This can help them space out those pivot grabs.
-Yoshi's Pivot grab can pull you out of certain portions of your roll animation.

Don't do this!
Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Science is great.

Framerate

Smash Lord
His kill moves (sans fair) are all obvious. If he's charging a smash, don't run into it. Bair is simple to read and can be punished. Learn to tech the d-throw and you're golden. Drill rest is easy to land on G&W as well.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
His kill moves (sans fair) are all obvious. If he's charging a smash, don't run into it. Bair is simple to read and can be punished. Learn to tech the d-throw and you're golden. Drill rest is easy to land on G&W as well.
Since when does a G&W charge a d-smash?

There is no safe place when a G&W is on the stage, not even the edge.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Good to see the boards hasnt been acting up today.

Oh and i have a question, whats the best way to make sing useful? Like is there anyway to get a kill by useing sing? Because i hardly ever use sing because when i do use it they wake up b4 me which is very stupid lol.

Framerate

Smash Lord
There is none.

You can try ledge-canceling sing, but they have to be literally standing over the edge as well as not shielding and not stomping you in the face.

I say don't bother.

Jigglypeach

Smash Apprentice
Alright sounds fair enough, i just wish they would have made sing a little more useful. Oh and out of the blue, green and red jigglypuff which do yal think looks better? I personally like the green but i just want to know what yal think.

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Red and white hat puff is the best puff. Pimp hat!

I've gotten some dumb ko's by using sing in the air and letting my opponent rush in with bad timing(to punish) to get hit by the last pulse which then leads to forward smash.
but yeah, sing is pretty useless :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
They moved SWF to a new server on April 1, and since then, it's been buggy. The admin are in the process of fixing it, though..... and it's been pretty stable since earlier this afternoon, so it might be all right now.

Just gotta wait through it.

Top Bottom