• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Holy ****.
I didn't know that was possible.

Well, don't take my word for granite just yet. From what I remember you can run then sheild and preform a move and it will cause you to slide across the ice while preforming the move. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Jigglypuff's sing but I can't test it out for myself since I currently don't have a Wii where I am right now.

This is assmuming you were responding to me lol. Can't really tell if you were.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Well, don't take my word for granite just yet. From what I remember you can run then sheild and preform a move and it will cause you to slide across the ice while preforming the move. I don't see why it wouldn't work with Jigglypuff's sing but I can't test it out for myself since I currently don't have a Wii where I am right now.

This is assmuming you were responding to me lol. Can't really tell if you were.

I'll test it, right now.
:phone:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Ok I tested it, it works but she doesn't slide for a long time, more like 1 dash/dodgeroll, not really usefull if yah ask me :(. Ah well 2 bad.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Bummer :(
Also SWF is auto adding the phone icon if your using mobile?
Cool :D

I actually suggested they do that :3

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I just discovered that it is fun to camp off-screen where most characters cannot reach you. Pikachu's thunder is problematic when you air-camp. It is also very fun to gimp people at 0% with only one hit of your drill.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm pretty sure the "hit-boxes" of Sing are the musical notes, can anyone verify this?
Not 100% sure but I do know that you can stand next to Jiggypuff's Sing and sidestep dodge 3 times during her 3 hitboxes to avoid it.

Thats what I don't understand about Sakurai when he made this move...

Why is Sing's radius so small?
Why are there parts in between Sing that don't make the opponent fall asleep?
Why are the opponent's sleeping time so short?
and most importantly, WHY CAN'T IT WORK IN MID AIR?

Now, wouldn't it be awesome if Jigglypuff's Sing when it hit somebody in the air, made them just fall to the ground and fall asleep/get dizzy like Luigi's Final Smash does to you in the air? So if you were to hit somebody with Sing off the stage they'd fall to their death. That would make sing soooooooooo much more useful.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
It's each pulse as mink stated yeah, not the notes.

And jiggly is famous because of her sing yet, in every single smash game it's a horrible move lol. They should make jiggs play the way she is known, with lots of sing anddddddddddddd her marker!

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I wish sing worked like a jacket hitbox where you could move around and do stuff while singing. That'd make it somewhat useful.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It's kind of annoying to think that Sakurai or whoever was in charge of Jigglypuff's moveset kept Sing the way it is throughout all three smash games. The only real improvment from 64 to Melee/Brawl was that you could now grab ledges while doing sing. In Melee you could even stall with Sing by constantly making the opponent fall asleep while on the ledge. However they got rid of that in Brawl by making it so that your opponent can't fall asleep when they're already asleep.

But if you think about it, maybe the reason is because Jigglypuff was supposed to be seen as a joke character like Dan Hibiki. If somebody new were to pick up and play Smash Bros they'd think Jigglypuff sucks because her recovery move dosn't even recover and her down B makes her sleep for 4 seconds and nothing else. Jigglypuff was meant for that charater that looks like they suck but is actually very good when played correctly. Even in Melee where she is now the best character in the game she still didn't have a recovery move and had a move that made her fall asleep for 4 seconds.

Sing could have been portrayed better but I think the real thing that they were aiming for was a joke character that you shouldn't underrate.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
And yet, teh_Jigglewiggles is not a good character in SSBB...

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've only ever known one person who used Puff's Brawl icon and actually played Puff.

Now they play Juri/Bison.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Puff's my secondary for trolling new players. Oh, and for game 2 where I'm sure she'll do better on the stage than TL.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Damn I hyped about that tournament. I am actually going to enter with Puff this time, MK sucks.
Hopefully there will be videos and stuff. I hope I could at least win a set, but there are all levels of players so it's totally realistic.

Top Bottom