• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster

As it should.
DaPuffster.
The Legend.
Lol I am most certaintly not a legened. The only real legend of Jigglypuffs is how Mango brought Melee Puff into being the best character in the game.

I've got a ton more things to accompished before I'd ever be called that lol. Maybe If I had beaten M2k in the set then yea.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Shiny kick yes! It's so hard.... Still needs testing though but only jennifurpuf knows how.... 2 bad she's banned :(

She will always be remembered

Exegguter

Smash Lord
Random question

How often do u guys rollouthog, imo its pretty legit i use at least 5 times a match... Nothing special just curious

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I don't really use rollouthog....I just don't see the use besides it's kinda funny

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Using Rollouthog to recover is very risky and useless due to the fact that you can already recover great and if the opponent purpously gets hit by you before you reach the level you'll die.

However... I like to use it for mindgames, most players will think I'm going to hit them but i'll grab the ledge anyways, and I'll do that for most of the match so that they expect me to do that. Then near the end of the match I will actually release rollout earlier and aim for where they are going to jump.

I actually used that strategy in round 2 pools of a national sized tournament and won the set because of it.

It was against a Falco, he was 1st seed and I was 2nd seed. Match 3 on battlefield and it was down to the last hit and while recovering I charged up rollout and aimed for the upper platform on purpouse, and sure enough he jumped right into it and died off the top causing me to win the set. You see, normally this won't work, but when you can die at any time and then a character charges up an attack that WILL kill you if it connects you get a bit afraid, and with a move like rollout the best way to dodge it is by jumping. So I just predicted what he was going to do and he fell right for it. That simple.

Also this is how I got one of my kills against M2K on pictochat, the match that I won.

Extra tip: Sometimes I like to do a completely uncharged rollout from the edge onto the ledge to edgegaurd. They don't see it coming at all XD

tl:dr Use Rollouthog for the right reason, mindgames, NOT for recovering, and DON'T use it if your opponent knows how to counter it which like most all players don't know how to.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
No NOT the recovery i mean the rollouthog, rollout into edgeguard lol

LOL STILL DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION UGH

edit: lmao is rollouthog now recovering with rollout? it used to be the rolloutedgeguard. different name iguess...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No NOT the recovery i mean the rollouthog, rollout into edgeguard lol

LOL STILL DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION UGH

edit: lmao is rollouthog now recovering with rollout? it used to be the rolloutedgeguard. different name iguess...
So what you mean is standing next to the ledge and tapping B so that Jigglypuff slowly rolls onto the ledge correct?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I never use Rollout to edgehog because you can already drift to grab the ledge as soon as you get off it, I think there is a term for it. Though Jigglypuff's sucks for edgehogging, so I'm not sure which is faster. They seem to be the same speed but idk.

Since someone was talking about it, using Rollout to recover is usually a bad idea, since you're seriously limiting your options. If your opponent gets greedy and tries to gimp you, it's possible to get a Rollout off them though, just don't rely on it because it's risky. I remember playing some offline friendlies and I kept getting away with that, and they were like "^&*&, how is that even fair, you get rewarded for getting knocked off stage". Oh and if you hit someone off stage with Rollout... remember you get caught in a helpless state until you touch the ground. So make sure you drift toward stage ASAP. It's like a special fall but worse, because you can't grab the ledge, and you can actually die before your opponent does. Star kos are too long >_>;

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
it ticks me off that you cant grab the ledge in rest. i used the hop down from the ledge and tap up and upb back onto the ledge and then jumped up to use rest and kill them.
HOWEVER, they can DI and die off the side as opposed to a star KO and come back before you wake up. itd be nice to just grab ledge
down up upb
down up downb
you can get a taunt in before he respawns. maybe on brawl minus.
gay tripping is gay
my rant is done

Exegguter

Smash Lord
So what you mean is standing next to the ledge and tapping B so that Jigglypuff slowly rolls onto the ledge correct?
Correct

I use it at least like 5 times a match, it really suprises the opponent and it looks fancy. Also if you stand with with your back against the ledge and tap b, then hold the controlstick to the edgeside (I FAIL AT EXPLAINING) it turns jiggs and it looks like jiggs is using a charged rollout. I lol and feel happy insite everytime they shield

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
i think uptilted f-tilt gains shield pressure if you turn before using it....its like jigg's spin adds to the move's knockback or something...don't ask me how this works...but it does. You can knock shielding opponents out of shield grab range with this...pretty useful and mindgamy with the turn.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
i think uptilted f-tilt gains shield pressure if you turn before using it....its like jigg's spin adds to the move's knockback or something...don't ask me how this works...but it does.
If you're gonna troll, at least make it believable. (ono)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Would you guys approve if I made a thread where we discuss different moves of Puff one at a time and talk about EVERYTHING you can do with them. After a certain time, I will add the best things to the OP. I am sure we will all learn something new from it.

I would do all the work. But only if you guys are willing to do it, I by no means force you to, but I would really like to do that.

Top Bottom