• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
I've 'heard' about Rising Pound, I just never knew the details. Pretty cool knowing it can be angled downward (I don't see much use in that).

So aside from stalling tactics, is it common to angle your Pounds as Jigglypuff?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I've 'heard' about Rising Pound, I just never knew the details. Pretty cool knowing it can be angled downward (I don't see much use in that).

So aside from stalling tactics, is it common to angle your Pounds as Jigglypuff?
Pound is one of our better approach options, and having the ability to alter its approach on the fly is hugely important. Rising Pound can inflict incredible shield pressure (with two Pounds breaking it), and is generally unable to be punished on block, while Falling Pound is better on weakened shields or when Puff's approaching from a platform. Those are just two examples of what angled Pounds can do.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
*checks*

O_O

*checks again*

No, I guess I was right - Noobicidal post completely devoid of cynicism or sarcasm :O

Gotta be because it's tactical ;)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
*checks*

O_O

*checks again*

No, I guess I was right - Noobicidal post completely devoid of cynicism or sarcasm :O

Gotta be because it's tactical ;)
It's because I'm only "cynical or sarcastic" when need be. He asked a legitimate question about a character that I happen to be knowledgeable about (albeit not in the Q&A thread, but I'll let it go), and I gave an appropriate opinion. Just because I'm not as "cheerful and bubbly" as most doesn't mean that I'm ALWAYS cynical or sarcastic.

To think of me as such would be ignorant, to say the least.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
That's pretty helpful to know; Thanks a ton Noobicidal! Just the kind of insight into angled Pound's uses I was looking for.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
It's because I'm only "cynical or sarcastic" when need be. He asked a legitimate question about a character that I happen to be knowledgeable about (albeit not in the Q&A thread, but I'll let it go), and I gave an appropriate opinion. Just because I'm not as "cheerful and bubbly" as most doesn't mean that I'm ALWAYS cynical or sarcastic.

To think of me as such would be ignorant, to say the least.
I KNOW, and you also don't take to teasing very well either :p

I wouldn't expect your biting wit to show up when someone needs help, you're a nicer person than that ^_^

Noobicidal

Smash Master
That's pretty helpful to know; Thanks a ton Noobicidal! Just the kind of insight into angled Pound's uses I was looking for.
I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions about Pound (or anything else related to Puff for that matter), I'll be sure to answer them, whether they're here or in the Q&A thread.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Hey guys, please submit your tournament results to this thread. Any placing or tournament size will do as long as it has an entry fee.

To submit, please include
- Link to tournament results
- Link to tournament ruleset and entry fee
- Your gaming handle if it's not immediately obvious
- Characters used (no characters higher than E tier may apply)

The more results I get the more accurate the list will be. This is also a way to power-rank the players of your character.

edit: BEFORE YOU SPEND TIME GATHERING YOUR RESULTS: I'm not using tournaments that occured before August. It's simply too much work.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well I thought we had a tournament thread here but I guess not. *just looked*

But to be honest......why need one unless a sudden burst of ****** Jigglies emerge? :laugh:

Eh, can anyone find it? I can't ;-;

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Hey guys, please submit your tournament results to this thread. Any placing or tournament size will do as long as it has an entry fee.

To submit, please include
- Link to tournament results
- Link to tournament ruleset and entry fee
- Your gaming handle if it's not immediately obvious
- Characters used (no characters higher than E tier may apply)

The more results I get the more accurate the list will be. This is also a way to power-rank the players of your character.
wow @ this troll. Acting like jigglypuff actually places in tournies. Get out. :mad:

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
We've actually had at least 2 tournament threads, but they're long dead. Pretty much no one uses her in tournaments, so it'd be kinda pointless to have another also..

T-block

B2B TST
SNO, was that an attempt to be funny? ._.

Anyways, I'm modding Brawl Jiggs now, so feel free to come to me for whatever with regard to these boards. Things will be mostly the same if you're not a troll - I'm fairly lenient. =P

MSN: the.t.block@gmail.com
AIM: tblock7

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
uh no. I was being serious. She's not tourny viable and no one in their right mine would ever use her let alone place. Last time she placed it was with Jigglymaster at pound. A very rare exception.

highfive

Smash Lord
GOSH GOLLY OLLY THE FRIEND OF ALL POLLYWOGS.

How's everyone? Good I hope. I haven't been here in a while so I'm making a slight return.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
im going to a tourney tomorrow, its small, but everyone going is really good(inui, zucco, vex, ect)
so wish me luck guys...ima go all puff for my last tourney before school starts on monday xd

Top Bottom