• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
unno lol wish I could help I don't live there.

but... I DO remember there being a parking lot near the venue ( maybe 2-4 blocks away) that was 10-12$ for the whole day at last impulse. I would have to remember where it was x.x
lol really? I'm about to park a town away and walk to Impulse.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Why do Canadian movie theaters insist on showing everything in 3D? It took me forever to find a theater that's showing Man of Steel in normal 2D this upcoming weekend, lol.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Parking (sorted by my recommendations):
  1. Hotel Parking: Best Western has free parking for people that are staying at the hotel. Call ahead of time to confirm a parking spot. (downside: few spaces & hotel is expensive)
  2. Subway: Park free at one of these stations: Downsview/islington/Scarborough town center. Take the subway the rest of the way. Group weekend passes are $10 for 4 people. Venue is beside Yonge and College station. Ask a local smasher to come with you if youre afraid of getting lost. (Downside: no overnight parking, 20 min subway ride)
  3. Green P: This is government owned, reliable parking. The closet lot is 0.4km away: http://parking.greenp.com/parking-info/carpark-info/79_405-sherbourne-street.html Pricing is $10 ($6 until 6pm, then $4 until 7am) and will last overnight. (downside: must go to car and renew at 6pm!)
  4. Private parking: There are plenty of privately owned parking lots, just follow the many signs youll see. The outside lots will be cheaper but the underground lots are more secure. Theres one just south of the venue (on jarvis) thats underground with security which charges a variable day rate from $15-20. (Downside: variable trustworthiness/security/space/distance)

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Probably going to need someone to team with for Brawl.
Looking at someone not from Ontario, need something/one new.

Message me if you're interested.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
pretty much the last thing I need help with.

does the hotel need to be pre-booked with a credit card? can I book the hotel with an american credit card? and can I pay the hotel in cash?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
So apparently the choking is starting, LoF isn't going as of right now.

Stef, I know you said you don't want to modify housing, but at this point, if you can house Holy Hells Pappy Morks instead of LoF on Saturday, let me or Holy know. you don't have to do it but I figured might as well take their spot. Up to you.

"We no longer have a car. Tried many different ways of solving the issues, but none worked. I am looking into possibly taking the megabus, but I'd really like someone to take it with."
- Nakat

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
sorry to be callous, but have any solid players lost their teams partner in the last few days with all this dropping out going on?

CoonTail

Smash Lord
So apparently the choking is starting, LoF isn't going as of right now.

Stef, I know you said you don't want to modify housing, but at this point, if you can house Holy Hells Pappy Morks instead of LoF on Saturday, let me or Holy know. you don't have to do it but I figured might as well take their spot. Up to you.

"We no longer have a car. Tried many different ways of solving the issues, but none worked. I am looking into possibly taking the megabus, but I'd really like someone to take it with."
- Nakat
I am working with Nakat to still get him up to Impulse in my carpool......I may just be a commentator, but I still wanna see how CA fairs against the NY/NJ competition LOL!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I'm 7th on PR.
But at SiD 16, I knocked Tin Man who is #2 on PR, into losers Bracket.
:3

I don't think he wants to team with me because of the Tier List thread :troll:

"May Just be a commentator".

I wanna see this guys Pokeymawnz.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'm 7th on PR.
But at SiD 16, I knocked Tin Man who is #2 on PR, into losers Bracket.
:3

I don't think he wants to team with me because of the Tier List thread :troll:
its partially that.

But its also partially because what I assume to be the most recent video of you that found is you losing to red x.

and then theres the fact that i kinda would like a character that kills a bit easier to team with.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The Nova Scotia carpool is officially on their way.

On a related note, this will be, to my knowledge, the first Brawl tournament in the game's history to have representation from EVERY active region in Canada. There have been others that came close (for example, Impulse 2012 had every relevant province except Alberta), but this will be the first to have everybody represented. Get hype~

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Does anyone know if we will be lucky enough to see T-block at Impulse.

Also I have a full brawl setup that I can bring with me if they are still needed.

Also I just got confirmation NAKAT will be in my carpool and present at Impulse 2013

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
its partially that.

But its also partially because what I assume to be the most recent video of you that found is you losing to red x.

and then theres the fact that i kinda would like a character that kills a bit easier to team with.
Our most recent videos are from February cuz we upload slowly

And it's hard to find a character that kills easier than DK :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
that still doesn't help the 'lost to red X' point that i made.

i hate being mean/callous about it cus red x is that dude. but even though I would love to team with a dk, I would need the player to be on my level. ive picked up random teammates that werent as good as me before. And if it comes down to that vs not entering, ill get my money back. That mess isnt even fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom