• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Thank you very much V115 and Stef for helping out again this year :D!

I couldn't get Saturday morning off work so i'm not going to be able to be there for the 8-10:30 check in, what are my options in this case?
PLEASE PM me ASAP. I suggest you meet me in person. I'm planning to be at A&C games this Wednesday, but PLEASE PM me ASAP

can you register at the door? seems I missed the pre-reg
Yes you can register at the door, however YOU HAVE TO COME BETWEEN 8:00am and 10:30am on June 15.

So I see you guys have Injustice here...but is this tournament mainly a Smash Bros. thing? Would it be totally weird to come just for Injustice?

And if not do you guys mind if I share this with the Injustice community?

Not weird at all bro. It may be primarily a smash event but that doesn't make Injustice any less important. You should definitely share this link with the Injustic community, the more the better!
Thanks again V115 ?_?. Yes please share this tournament with the injustice community! It`s $15 for venue (since Injustice is a side game) and it`s $10 to enter Injustice!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The card doesn't do anything. TL;DR they started handing them out because A&C World is now a "club" because they have to be one because of some law passed recently...free membership it's just a card so w/e

The smashfests on Friday always open at 3 and they always stay open until at least 8, at most 10, depending on attendance. I imagine (ie I think but no promises from me so don't quote me on this) that if we get a decent # of out-of-Ontario players at the smashfest (Leon Dabuz and Will will all be there for sure since they arrive Thursday...dunno about other OoO players) in combination with a decent # of Ontario players (likely to happen since it's the day before IMPULSE) and we tell the staff that we have OoO people who want to get in that practice (making it sound like a 'special occasion' I guess) then getting them to stay open til 10 should be a breeze.

Also in case I haven't already posted it in this thread, I'll bring a Brawl setup with infinite replay.

Also somebody else post something after this so I can make my post about housing.
Thanks a lot for the info! My flight arrives a bit before 7, and assuming it takes about an hour to get to A&C from the airport, I'll probably get there around 8ish...IDK how well that will work out, but w/e.

Benjamin (ninmaster13)

Smash Rookie
Ok, this is weird question, but i use wiimote+nunchuk to play brawl and project m. Just want to make sure i'm allowed to play like this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
why are Project M's rules "coming soon" the week of the tourney? o_O

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
anybody out there experienced in the process needed to convert money?

all I was told was, take your money to a bank.

but is that any bank? can i get canadian dollars at my bank of america in rochester? does it have to be a bank near the border? how long does it take? is there a conversion fee? how much is it?

Patches

Smash Master
Kid you can do that all at whatever bank youre with. And the only thing is the american to canadian conversion rate which you can find on the internet

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah prior to Apex I was able to withdraw $200 USD from my Canadian account, so they just gave me 200 USD in cash and subtracted like 203 CAD from my account.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Any update on that schedule?
Did you check Post 2? He updated the schedule on Saturday:

Schedule UPDATED!
June 15

Time | Event

8:00am - 10:30am | Registration/Check in
10:30am - 12:00pm | Casual Play
12:00pm | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
12:00pm | Melee Singles Pools Wave 1 Begins
12:00pm | Injustice Begins Until Top 8
2:30pm | PASBR Singles Begins Until Top 8
2:30pm | Melee Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins
3:00pm | Brawl Singles Pools Wave 2 Begins
4:30pm | Melee Doubles Begins Until Top 4
5:00pm | PASBR Doubles Begins
6:00pm | Brawl Doubles Begins Until Top 8
6:00pm | Smash 64 Begins Until Top 4
6:30pm | Melee Doubles top 4 begins
8:30pm | Brawl Doubles top 8 begins

June 16

Time | Event

8:00am - 10:00am | Casual Play
10:00am | Smash 64 Top 4 begins
10:00am | PASBR Top 8 Begins
10:00am | Injustice Top 8 begins
10:00am | Project M Bracket Begins Until Top 4
12:00pm | Melee Singles Bracket Begins Until Top 6
1:00pm | Project M Top 4 Begins
2:00pm | Brawl Singles Bracket Begins Until Top 6/8
3:00pm | Melee Singles top 6 Begins
6:00pm | Brawl Singles top 6/8 Begins

And I just noticed PM bracket starting at 10 am on Sunday. Welp, guess I'm getting up earlier than I thought I would be :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Juggleguy maybe look around the venue's address for parking. I could look if anything... but im sure you can do it too it will be really hard to park in the streets, just a heads up and it'll surely cost moolah.

edit: also found this: http://en.parkopedia.ca/parking/lot/jarvis_st_shuter_st/toronto/
http://www.torontoprimrosehotel.com/our-hotel/parking
Yeah, I'd rather not pay $46 to park. :ohwell:

Looking for the absolute cheapest parking options within, say, a 3-block radius around the venue. I'm not familiar with the local area, but anyone who is should be able to provide this information almost immediately, which is why I'm disappointed it hasn't been provided already.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
why are Project M's rules "coming soon" the week of the tourney? o_O

Because Tin hasn't updated the website yet.

Project M rules are right here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13VaNHdeWOMwXTYG0QRZHS_BjYPfWgTkWOciFtRGqfxI/edit

It's not in the OP, but it is in the Major Announcements Post http://smashboards.com/threads/impu...th-2013-toronto-ontario.334499/#post-15352729
It's been updated :)

http://www.impulse-2013.com/rules/projectm

Both days of venue fee have to be paid even if I'm only there for the first day of the tournament? I'll be entering melee but I don't know yet if I'll make it on Sunday.
Yes will need to pay the entire venue fee. it's a one package deal.

cant go again this year... maybe next year
That is unfortunate. Try and catch the stream tho :D. And there very likely wont be a next year :o.

Still waiting for venue parking information.

I'll try and have that for you by Wednesday :).

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Yeah, I'd rather not pay $46 to park. :ohwell:

Looking for the absolute cheapest parking options within, say, a 3-block radius around the venue. I'm not familiar with the local area, but anyone who is should be able to provide this information almost immediately, which is why I'm disappointed it hasn't been provided already.
dont think you're gonna have much options, prepare to pay at the very least.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Never said I expected free parking. I do expect someone familiar with the area to provide a quick line of info such as "go to ___ parking structure because it's the cheapest option within 3 blocks of the venue"... is that really so much to ask for?

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
unno lol wish I could help I don't live there.

but... I DO remember there being a parking lot near the venue ( maybe 2-4 blocks away) that was 10-12$ for the whole day at last impulse. I would have to remember where it was x.x

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Never said I expected free parking. I do expect someone familiar with the area to provide a quick line of info such as "go to ___ parking structure because it's the cheapest option within 3 blocks of the venue"... is that really so much to ask for?

Most of the locals don't drive around in downtown Toronto (we take the subway/metro/w/e u wanna call it). let me see what I can get you real quick so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom