• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ok time to address some comments

trying to reg it wont let me wtf
Please private message me with your problem :).

Still need 2 streams for this tournament -_-
Working on it :). Unfortunately it isn't possible to get another stream for day 1, however for day 2...

with that schedule we're def ****ed. tinman finish this earlier please. You need to sacrifice some matches. Sorry for Chibo and his streaming business but some ppl gotta go to work on monday, unless you want forfeits to happen. I'LL MAKE SURE THIS **** KEEPS ROLLING.
Just noticed, Brawl singles top 6 begins at 9 pm??? That's the time I was already expecting to be on the road heading home 0_o

I will try to work around that. I know Jband has work at noon the next day so we'll see. Seriously kinda tough to deal with though.

If at all possible though please make an attempt to just get stuff going. Zenith ended at like 6 pm on Sunday with 3 events and 120+ people so I know this event can surely do that or better.
Yeah this, my understanding is that chibo wants to stream both games, and it's going to take ****ing forever. 9 PM FOR BRAWL? Brawl takes the longest, this is just aiming for problems. Play both at the same time. 2 bad the stream can't do both games, I'm seriously not going to wait for a game I'm not even playing. hopefully tinman kinda sees through this and just make both games finish asap. We can save replays and Chibo can upload them later. .. Also Melee isn't that hype, mango is coming and probably gonna play drunk and win, ontario's top 5 gonna be there, kage... why is brawl always the one suffering? lol No hate on melee, I love the game and most of the persons.
Noted. I've been working on a better schedule with Chibo all morning. This will make everything end earlier, thus compensating for people so that they may get to work on time on Monday :).

Also ban Pappy from Bracket making.

And.. I'm hoping tinman asks for advice with seeding and bracket making I def dont want to see dumb matching.

Keitaro should play a big role in seeding and bracket making.

Noted. I'm fairly confident in my ability to seed, and I always have other people work on it with me. And I think Keitaro would be very valuable for seeding the Brawl events!

Smashfest what time? A&C ?
This Friday from 3pm-8pm however they usually last longer on Fridays!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I don't know, you'll have to ask Ally or Zinoto. MI Melee has its travel plans set for the most part, though.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Ive talked to ally a couple of times but hes only told me ksev and zinoto are going i think?
Last I heard, ThuGz and MJG were coming as well. This is all hearsay though, I'm not really in the loop with anything travel-related for MI Brawl.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Nah MJG isn't going, THUGZ? haven't heard about him in so long lol.

Wow MI Melee 4 cars? you guys are really trying hard to lose in great numbers great support though!

:denzel:

edit: Good tinman, hopefully.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
I know it's late but I can almost certainly confirm for this.
Need a partner for doubles - if anyone is still looking, toss me a message! (got :snake: , :dk2: or :lucario:)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I have a few questions about this: First, what's going on in terms of housing? It seems like there's a lot going on, and I thought there was going to be an update, but it hasn't come yet and I have no idea where I'll end up staying. :x Second, how will conflicts be dealt with in the case of a player having tournament matches in more than one event? The schedule has Brawl and P:M Singles Bracket starting times listed pretty close together, and how this issue is to be dealt with will weigh on my decision on whether or not I want to enter P:M. Third, I heard that there will be a smashfest at A&C Games on Friday; how late is this likely to go on for? I'll be arriving early Friday evening, and it would be great to get some practice in that night. I also still have the A&C Club Member card I got from last year, in case that counts for anything...

1weekhype

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I have a few questions about this: First, what's going on in terms of housing? It seems like there's a lot going on, and I thought there was going to be an update, but it hasn't come yet and I have no idea where I'll end up staying. :x
You're in the hotel for the 3 nights (Friday-Sunday) :)
Second, how will conflicts be dealt with in the case of a player having tournament matches in more than one event? The schedule has Brawl and P:M Singles Bracket starting times listed pretty close together, and how this issue is to be dealt with will weigh on my decision on whether or not I want to enter P:M.
The schedule is being updated shortly
Third, I heard that there will be a smashfest at A&C Games on Friday; how late is this likely to go on for? I'll be arriving early Friday evening, and it would be great to get some practice in that night. I also still have the A&C Club Member card I got from last year, in case that counts for anything...

1weekhype

I'll try to confirm a time with A&C as soon as possible.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
So I'm going to be working on one more announcement post and I'll try to get it up as soon as possible.

I'm almost in Chicago atm. Having a family meal since it was mine and my eldest sisters graduation yesterday. Then I'll be leaving at about 5:30pm tonight on my way back to Canada. I pray the bus I'm on has internet otherwise worst case scenario, Sunday morning.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Third, I heard that there will be a smashfest at A&C Games on Friday; how late is this likely to go on for? I'll be arriving early Friday evening, and it would be great to get some practice in that night. I also still have the A&C Club Member card I got from last year, in case that counts for anything...
The card doesn't do anything. TL;DR they started handing them out because A&C World is now a "club" because they have to be one because of some law passed recently...free membership it's just a card so w/e

The smashfests on Friday always open at 3 and they always stay open until at least 8, at most 10, depending on attendance. I imagine (ie I think but no promises from me so don't quote me on this) that if we get a decent # of out-of-Ontario players at the smashfest (Leon Dabuz and Will will all be there for sure since they arrive Thursday...dunno about other OoO players) in combination with a decent # of Ontario players (likely to happen since it's the day before IMPULSE) and we tell the staff that we have OoO people who want to get in that practice (making it sound like a 'special occasion' I guess) then getting them to stay open til 10 should be a breeze.

Also in case I haven't already posted it in this thread, I'll bring a Brawl setup with infinite replay.

Also somebody else post something after this so I can make my post about housing.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Hey guys! Yall gettin hyped? I'm pretty ****in hyped despite this being my last tournament! But there's just one probllem I HAVE NO ****ING IDEA WHO I AM HOUSING!

So here's what I need you to do. I am a very busy guy with a lot of dollars to make and a lot of ******* to **** so I don't have time to read thru this whole thread or the entire facebook event. IF YOU OR YOUR FRIENDS ARE HOUSING WITH ME PLEASE PM ME ON FACEBOOK WITH UR GAMER TAGS, HOW MANY OF U THERE ARE, AND WHAT NIGHTS U AR GOING TO SHOW UP @ MY HOUSE my real name is "stef" and there aren't a lot of stefs in smash so it won't be hard to find me. Alternatively pm me on here and if you like you can attach your real name and a (fully clothed) picture of your handsome seld. ALSO PLZ NOTE I NEED EXACT NUMBERS plz don't say "<state> needs housing" or "<clantag> needs housing" or "<carpool> needs housing" because I don't know how to use google to find out the population of your state, no estimates or ranges, I don't have a lot of space and need to know how many bodies I'm expecting. PLEASE NOTE I HAVE A HARD CAP OF 8 PPL A NIGHT, ABSOLUTELY NO MORE THAN THAT, ALSO 1 OF MY FRIENDS WILL BE OVER SO MAKE THAT 7 PPL. THIS IS OVER CAPACITY SO SOME OF U WILL BE SLEEPING IN THE HALLWAY PLZ BRING YOUR SLEEPING BAGS

Message me asap so I can properly prepare my house and u can properly prepare ur anuses

ONE LAST NOTE: I WOULD REALLY REALLY PREFER NOT TO HAVE PEOPLE SUNDAY NIGHT BUT IF YOU NEED IT, IT'S THERE, SO LONG AS YOU ARE OUT BY ABSOLUTELY NO LATER THAN 7AM. This is when I leave for work every day and not a minute later, it's a ****ed up commute.

THANKS!!!!

- Stef "Weenie Machinie" K.

ItIsOkBro

Smash Rookie
So I see you guys have Injustice here...but is this tournament mainly a Smash Bros. thing? Would it be totally weird to come just for Injustice?

And if not do you guys mind if I share this with the Injustice community?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Alright so here's the scoop on my (V115) housing

[collapse="sleeping"]People housing with me will be sleeping in the living room. There are 2 couches, 1 fairly comfy pseudo-reclining chair in which somebody could maybe fall asleep, 4 dining table chairs (don't think anyone will be sleeping in these but you're welcome to try lol) and most importantly, the entire living room floor. We don't have any spare bedrooms/mattresses/any of that stuff (I might have a spare set of bed sheets+blanket actually), so this is the best you'll get. Leon plans to bring a sleeping bag and sleep on the floor, obviously you guys are welcome to do this as well.
(Don't worry, I will personally clean the living room before you guys arrive)[/collapse]
[collapse="bathrooms"]My house has 2 bathrooms, both with functional showers. Obviously we have stuff like shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc but if you'd prefer to bring your own then you're welcome to. I don't know how late IMPULSE is going to run on Saturday/Sunday night, but the more of you that shower at night (as opposed to showering in the morning), the better, so that your showering schedules don't interfere with my family's showering schedules in case they need to get up early on the weekend for something important, and also so we don't have to wake up too early on Saturday/Sunday morning before leaving to get to the venue.
Please don't be an unhygenic ************ and choose not to shower all weekend and proceed to stink up my house. Thanks.
(I will also be cleaning both bathrooms before you guys arrive.)[/collapse]
[collapse="food"]As for food...uh my family isn't exactly the richest so we probably won't have much food to hand out to you for breakfast. We'll probably be able to get you cereal, but that's about it. Fortunately there's a Tim Horton's right across the street from my house so you can get breakfast there. If you don't want Tim Horton's, there's also a bigass mall about 10 minutes (walking distance) away with plenty of fast food places..more Tim Horton's, McDonald's, Subway, Second Cup, KFC, A&W, all tons of ****.
I'm not really planning on cooking/providing/buying lunch or dinner for anyone...unless I'm (or my mom is) in the mood for cooking. I'm assuming that's not going to be a problem.[/collapse]
[collapse="passing time"]My family is expecting that on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, anyone housing with me isn't going to be in the house for long. On Friday, the plan is for us to go to a smashfest downtown ($3 bus fare each way = $6, + $5 venue fee for the smashfest). Again, plenty of places to buy lunch/dinner downtown, and the smashfest is from 3-8 pm (maybe lasting til 9 or 10) so on Friday you're going to be out of the house for quite a bit.
On Saturday/Sunday, IMPULSE. Duh. Same stuff applies.[/collapse]
[collapse="general conduct"]As for general conduct...nothing really specific, it should all be obvious but I'm stating it just in case. No illegal drugs, no smoking indoors, don't get drunk at my place, no fighting, be quiet at night (after 11 pm I guess) so people can sleep, don't steal/break anything, don't be an asshole to me/anyone in my family, don't make a mess, no criminal activity whatsoever...I can't think of anything else. You know the drill, just use your brain and you'll be fine.[/collapse]

Here are the people that are currently housing with me
[collapse="current guest list"]Thursday (13th) night: Housing Leon (arriving 1 pm)
Friday (14th) night: Leon, Dabuz+Will (arriving 10:30 am), Shinzou Matt
Saturday (15th) night: Leon, Ally, Ksev, Stewyian, Shinzou Matt
Sunday (16th) night: Leon,
Monday (17th) night: Leon
Tuesday (18th) night: Leon
*Leon leaves Wednesday morning[/collapse]

Thursday, Monday and Tuesday (13th, 17th, 18th) night are not open to anybody else for housing. They were originally intended for housing Leon only (seeing as how he came here from France and is going to be in Canada for I think a full week after IMPULSE) but due to some miscommunication somehow I ended up housing Dabuz and Will for Thursday night as well.

My cap per night is 6 people (meaning I can only take 1 more person on Saturday night!), so if you need housing on Friday/Saturday/Sunday night please PM Tin Man first and if he redirects you to me, PM me and let me know.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Double post because who gives a ****
So I see you guys have Injustice here...but is this tournament mainly a Smash Bros. thing? Would it be totally weird to come just for Injustice?

And if not do you guys mind if I share this with the Injustice community?
Not weird at all bro. It may be primarily a smash event but that doesn't make Injustice any less important. You should definitely share this link with the Injustic community, the more the better!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
so far:

FRIDAY: Doom, Orion, Coontail, Zinoto, Ksev, Patches + Patches' Gf, JohnMadden (8) (THIS ONE IS FULL!)

SATURDAY: Keitaro, False, Nakat, Jbandrew, Gerry, JohnMadden (6)

SUNDAY: Will, Dabuz, JohnMadden (3)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Good posts guys but V115, umm Shinzou Matt I think asked for spot on Friday and Sat night. I might be wrong, he's a QC player. also on Sat night/sunday morning, we can all fit in Ksev's van.no 3$ each train. though depending on the distance, we should all chip in a buck LOL

Patches

Smash Master
Regardless of how this turns out. Me and my gf wont need housing. Id rather give those two spots to OoP/OoC that need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom