• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
What the heck at these buses crashing.

Chibo's bus picked him up an hour and a half late then crashed also. He is currently "in the middle of nowhere" in NY waiting for another bus.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
i didnt see the stream on the OP or on the maing page of SWF so im guessing there will not be one?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm not sure if you heard Xyro but Chibo's bus got into a semi-major accident in NY this morning. The stream will be a tad late.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I'm helping to TO so I can update for you (for Brawl anyway)

Brawl dubs and Melee dubs are both going to finish tonight. Brawl will only be put on stream after Meleee grand finals has finished (and all of Melee dubs is being streamed)

Here are the current Brawl dubs results

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
5:
7: Croi + Billy be Good
7: Nakat+King Kong
9: Kid Goggles+Inle
9: V115+Blacktwins13
9: Swordgard+Hells
9: Raziek + Sauc3
13: Red X + Chris Fisch
13: Zinoto + Pidgezero_one
13: Morks+Techiyo
13: DDM+Poke
17: Astro + Hell-dew
17: Curly + Lamb
17: Iliad+Patches
17: Kuraudo+Pappy
17: FixIt + Jash
17: Stewy+Ksev
17: Leafshadow+Shiny Mewtwo
17: MPrime+Mr.L
25: Kurry + Scart
25: Ryan+The Bees Knees
25: DemonShadow + MarioCentral
25: Patsy+Gorf
Major johns for my team that I will explain later, but basically, Wiimote interference

Leon+Dabuz and Ally+Holy are in WFs, playing atm.
LQFs is (TO Joe+Meek vs Orion+Will) & (Firefly+Alphicans vs Tin Man + Doom)

Oh ftr, Nakat+KingKong took a game off of Leon+Dabuz

I don't think anything out of the ordinary happened in singles. For those that know who these players are
-Astro beat Hells 2-1
-Iliad beat Techiyo 2-0
-Pappy (from Quebec) took Kuraudo to game 3, all Sonic:Bowser, hype
-Alphicans 2-1'd Suzaku

Don't really know what else I can tell you

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Leon 3-0ed Zinoto in losers quarters.
Nakat lost to Holy 1-2, going Fox in the matches he lost, and ICs in the one he won. Then he lost to Swordguard due to ledge grab limit.
Dabuz lost to someone, I forgot, and is in losers.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Leon 3-0ed Zinoto in losers quarters.
Nakat lost to Holy 1-2, going Fox in the matches he lost, and ICs in the one he won. Then he lost to Swordguard due to ledge grab limit.
Dabuz lost to someone, I forgot, and is in losers.
Dabuz lost to Zinoto in Winners

also Ally 3-0d Orion in WFs and Dabuz is about to 3-0 Orion in LFs

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Results afaik
1. Ally
2. Dabuz
3. Orion
4. Leon
5. ???
5. ???
7. ???
7. ???

I think 5-7 is some combination of Swordgard, Holynightmare, TO Joe and Zinoto

9. Nakat
9. KingKong?
9. V115?
9. ???

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
great tourney sorry we had to leave so early and take our cube *coughcough david* would have loved to stay. glad I could rep nick by wearing his goggles.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom