• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IMPULSE 2013 - Thanks for coming/watching ^_^ - June 15th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
was hammer time vs mango in winners bracket recorded? project m

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
as a man of my word, I paid V115 when he won our tournament match that was also a money match. and I paid meek when he beat king kong.

other than my placings, it was a great weekend, and I really enjoy toronto a lot. I definitely plan on returning for future brawl and marvel events whenever possible.

oh and shout outs to everybody who didnt team with me. I dont remember what my exact placing was. but Im pretty sure I outplaced poke, and zinoto and maybe nakat too.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Shoutouts to Zinoto for showing me that this game can still be fun sometimes. I had a blast teaming with you, more than I have in a very long time.

GGs to Goggles, Inle, Leon, Dabuz, Kuraudo, Pappy, Croi, and Billy. Also everyone I fought in melee. Had fun in our sets.

Shoutouts to Snow Shard and his baller melee kirby. I don't know how it's possible for kirby to carry puff, but you did it. ;)

Shoutouts to Stewy, Ksev, Zinoto, Coontail, NAKAT, Doom, Orion, TO Joe, JohnMadden, Will and dabuz. Sorry I was kind of a boring host this year but I hope the housing was good enough.

Shoutouts to Goggles for giving the best hugs.

Shoutouts to Suzaku for toughing it out with a GCC and taking a page out of my books with the most obnoxious gamer tag I have ever seen. Good **** dude.

Shoutouts to King Kong and Leon for putting on the most hype set of the tournament.

Shoutouts to Zinoto and Chris Fisch for causing some serious bracket upsets.

Shoutouts to Swordgard for the most hilarious win of the tourney, you ****ing troll. Thanks for replacing my brawl data.

Shoutouts to Red X for being so goddamn cute I have to question if you're really over 18.

Shoutouts to Villager's ICs.

Shoutouts to Kuraudo for being a poutine fiend.

Big shoutouts to everyone who helped during the medical situation on Saturday. This community is pretty legit.

Shoutouts to Warchamp for the 5 minutes you were around.

Shoutouts to me for still not letting V115 borrow Metroid Prime 2.

Shoutouts to Unholy for having a tag that confused Quebec.

Shoutouts to everyone who came to this event and made it as fun as it was. Shoutouts to the staff for doing a kick-ass job.

Shoutouts to Tin, I know I've been a huge troll the entire time we've known each other but I'm gonna miss you man, GTA won't be the same without you.

I had a great time at SDs and Ledgegrabs 2013.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
k I'm not exactly sure how this works but, it was a 32-man bracket with no byes, so I assumed the following

If you win 0 sets in bracket you get 25th
If you win 1, you get 17th
If you win 2, you get 13th
If you win 3, you get 9th

So on and so forth

I went 2-2. Beat KidGoggles and Will, lost to Ally and TO Joe

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
k I'm not exactly sure how this works but, it was a 32-man bracket with no byes, so I assumed the following

If you win 0 sets in bracket you get 25th
If you win 1, you get 17th
If you win 2, you get 13th
If you win 3, you get 9th

It depends on whether you win your sets in winners or losers bracket. If you win 2 sets you can get either 9th [both wins in WB] or 13th [one win in WB, the other in LB]. Since you won 2 sets in winners bracket you are at worst 9th.

:059:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Shout outs to deers, mega bus, literally crash tournaments, earthquakes and medical emergencies. Nothing could stop this tourney.

Alsoto mango for taking our money and all the Americans I played whose names I forgot.
And shout outs to tinman, Australia gained a valuable player.

Croi

Smash Lord
Ggs everybody. I wished I lived more central so I could play more and get better. I really didn't work that first seed :/

If anyone has any replays they want recorded, hit me up.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
You mind recording our set and putting it up if you aren't already? I wanna look back at it and see what I did wrong game 2. Game 1 and 3 I think I was doing fine.

Also, fantastic games once again.

Shoutouts later! Maybe while I'm waiting for my flight.

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
was hammer time vs mango in winners bracket recorded? project m
Unfortunately it wasn't recorded. I don't think anyone (including myself) expected me to beat him so it was just played out on a normal setup. Sadly it ended up being one of the most hype sets of the day for PM, everyone was flipping out. Wish it had been recorded. He had me figured out by the time we played in loser's bracket though so good stuff to mango for adapting.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Unfortunately it wasn't recorded. I don't think anyone (including myself) expected me to beat him so it was just played out on a normal setup. Sadly it ended up being one of the most hype sets of the day for PM, everyone was flipping out. Wish it had been recorded. He had me figured out by the time we played in loser's bracket though so good stuff to mango for adapting.
That was beyond beautiful man. You still did rather well in the rematch for what it's worth.

I enjoyed commentating on your rematch with him.

[EDIT]

Just glad that I didn't have to face you. Your Lucas probably would have danced around my Charizard like it was nobody's business. dkjfahsdfs

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
top 8 brawl was ally, dabuz, orion, leon, holy/zinoto, swordgard/joe

source: i paid them

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
shoutouts to everyone i saw, would've talked to people more but was completely exhausted.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Did King Kong vs Leon get recorded by anyone/saved?
I know that game 3 was saved, and I'm pretty sure I saw Stroumbert recording it with a digital camera as well.

Was Ally vs dabuz all MK vs Olimar?

:059:
Set 1 was MK vs Olimar game 1, ICs vs Olimar game 2 and 3, and Snake vs Olimar game 4. The game Ally won in that set was ICs vs Olimar
Set 2 was all MK vs Olimar, and Ally won 3-0

blacktwins13

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Blacktwins13
shoutouts to everyone i played, talked to and helped out with (will do a better shoutout once full results are posted).
also if anyone that used their wii's for setups and has saved matches of pools/brackets and money matches. plz send them to me > aarongv@rogers.com that way i can organize them and either upload it on canada's channel, or i'll send it to keitaro/chibo if they feels like uploading any hype matches.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Are you going to send other replays from your Wii to an uploader as well? I ask because I played 3 MMs I'm fairly certain I saved and, assuming your Wii was on the same TV both days, my pools matches (and a doubles set) were on that set-up as well, though I'm not sure how much of those I remembered to save. I'd love to see them uploaded, if it's not too much trouble.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Anybody with any replays of a Sonic, Fox, or Wolf with the tag "Bzzzz"

Please upload them, I would like to have as much of my gameplay cataloged as possible. Except for that one match Cloud. you know the one. I want that deleted, never to be seen again.

But anyone else that has me on their wii. win or lose, I would like to see as much of it as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom