• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm gonna pick up Diddy.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well it's pretty obvious MK's gonna get the banhammer soon. I'm supporting it now. It's inevitable to try and fight it. He's too good and more than 50% of the SBR is supporting it.

After HOBO 11, I'll be maining the little monkey. :)
I have alot of fun playing him and have a little bit of tourney play with him, so I'm excited to be picking him up.

Help me.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
XD wifi with me my lil monkey is decent >.> just pm me since i should be able to play tommorow....what do you need help with anyway ?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thank you. :)

I don't have wifi. Too laggy and such. Even with no lag it's still blah. I don't know exactly what I need help with. Advanced stuff. I can glidetoss really well from the ground and landing.

What are good/bad matchups?

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
T_T you live in Texas, Diddy worst matchup: Falco, D3 sometimes, Rob(annoying) Space Furries,(reflector) thats all i can thinnk of right now since im at skool typing this >.>

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
his Wall of Bairs is pretty annoying to get around, his Waddle D block ur Banana path so it stops midpath. Defensive D3 are worst. side-step, Grab to punish. They usually punish you hard if you mess up so you have to know the match pretty well. lets see....punishable fast, great Air game, Diddy can usually Foward air through his b-air sometimes, though D3 is pretty easy to combo
Right...Hard to kill if you dont Diminish ur Smashes. unless you know how to undiminish the smashses of course XD

Urulok

Smash Apprentice
oh no ... T_T

If MK is not banned in a future... you will be still using him ?? xD

PD: Wifi match? destroy me :laugh:

ADHD

Smash Hero
mk won'[t be banned unless you keep using your metaknight (DO IT!!)

Learn to dribble and master glide tossing, diddy is a resemblance of melee, he has alot of tech skill and you can't make mistakes. You can utilt lock some heavier characters and some lighter ones with about two at low percents and go into an aerial. You can get some characters in a dtilt lock at low percents too, I use these to start off my opponent's stock. Diddy's worst matchup is a person who knows how to handle him and he ***** all his bad matchups, you just have to worry about a good Game and Watch IMO because he's so hard to combo and outprioritizes you in every god **** thing. falco's okay, he's annoying but it's for sure not that bad, d3 can be nasty until you learn how to handle him, ZSS is reeeaaallly bad if you don't know how to fight her :( the list could go on and on but there's no point in worrying about matchups really

for peach -peanuts to stop her floaty bs
luigi- just know how far he slides
ZSS- my god dont ever attack her shield
d3- dont worry about his grabs just spam bananas and utilt lock him and grab him tons
snake- annoying, just spam bananas
metaknight (if not banned)-spam bananas
falco- be very careful about throwing bananas and you have to rely on your non-naner skills

Good luck!

:034:

Smash Hero
Lol NOOO!! I still at least want a chance at tourney. XD
Just look your opponent in the eye, with the most mean look you can pull off, and say to him, loudly, clearly and with a low grunt in your voice:

"I main Ganondorf...

*****."

They'll immediately back away and beg for mercy.

I GARANTUEE IT

ADHD

Smash Hero
this thread is gonna be ****ing filled up with noobs someone just linked this in an mk banned thread god dammit

Count

Smash Champion
Yeah, hottest thread on smashboards lol. You've come to a good place to learn diddy info, we have a lot of people who have really studied what the little monkey can do..annnd we are learning more every day.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
50%? Where are you getting that number?

And you should just pick up Diddy to use against MK. Everything that pisses you off about MK in your standard match up won't piss you off when you play as Diddy (in fact, UpB > glide attack / Tornado create the best openings for Diddy).

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Well it's pretty obvious MK's gonna get the banhammer soon. I'm supporting it now. It's inevitable to try and fight it. He's too good and more than 50% of the SBR is supporting it.
I've been starting to feel the same way about MK; gonna start practicing my D3 and G&W more seriously.

Good luck with Diddy :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
He is not, and the last time we did a "what should happen with MK", it was like 90% against banning him. Granted that was like 2 months ago, but I don't think it is at 50% yet, its largely a vocal (though possibly growing) minority.

ADHD

Smash Hero
He should be banned (im gonna be a jerk and change the thread course)

It's not that he's not able to be beaten it's just he's way too good and it really isn't fair.

Miller

Smash Lord
I r invading your diddy boards pastaboy, fearrr meehhhhh

But yea, I wonder how long it will take for this to happen. Its pretty much inevitable

Dojo

Smash Champion
Words of LeeHarris on the 50% thing. Perhaps he exaggerated
I think I'll be maining/solely playing MK until he gets dropped.
HOBO 11 is gonna show alot with MK....

I don't mind using him or hate playing against him.
I love the ditto and any other matchup. I'm allowed to be as aggressive as I want with him and that fits my playstyle. Fast and aggressive.

But alot more people are supporting this ban from 2 months ago and MK keeps getting better and better.
It's bound to happen. I'm gonna go all MK in serious tourney sets until he's gone because once it happens I can't play him anymore. :( But in matches against less skilled players I'll be bringing out my Diddy. I wanna get more involved with these boards now and step my game up. Diddy is a really fun melee feeling character and I wanna help do some great things here.

Lv.99

Smash Journeyman

After HOBO 11, I'll be maining the little monkey. :)
I have alot of fun playing him and have a little bit of tourney play with him, so I'm excited to be picking him up.

Help me.
Thank you man. After Overswarm switched, I thought Metaknight had succeded in ruling the world. Now... there is hope.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
we have a lot of people who have really studied what the little monkey can do..annnd we are learning more every day.
1. Who has studied Diddy? The people who make guides/new techs?

2. If MK is not banned will you still main Diddy after HOBO11?

3. Where are all these random non-diddy users who are posting in this thread coming from? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but I'm just curious to know if you guys just regularly check on the Diddy boards? or are you guys trying to find Diddy's ultimate tech (The Third Banana) LoLz :laugh:

-advent-

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
that sucks if mk gets banned ill have to main rob and pick up either diddy , or d3 .

ur awsome dojo tho good luck with diddy

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
a third banana????? diddy is now god tier.
jk lol. but seriously check out vyse's stickied thread. it has everything you need and more.......

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Diddy and ZZS are the two most fun weird playstyle characters. Gdorf and Ike are freakin sweet too. P.S. I picked up diddy last week and beat a marth that was pwning my lucario. Good stuff.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
1. Who has studied Diddy? The people who make guides/new techs?

2. If MK is not banned will you still main Diddy after HOBO11?

3. Where are all these random non-diddy users who are posting in this thread coming from? I'm not trying to sound mean or anything but I'm just curious to know if you guys just regularly check on the Diddy boards? or are you guys trying to find Diddy's ultimate tech (The Third Banana) LoLz :laugh:

-advent-
I clicked the red text 4 times.

Also! Watch some of the videos around, if you look close enough they can give a lot more than the guides..

The guides are a great place to start though!

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah that's what I'm feeling. Marth has a good time against falco and D3 (I think) chaingrabs... And I'll figure out something for Rob.

I won't stop maining meta til he's banned. But I'm gonna try and start using my Diddy quite a bit more so I can have him ready for the time it does happen.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So when Azen comes to HOBO and destroys with a character like 10 placements below MK, what will you think?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If it doesn't happen, I may swing over to the other side of the fence.

However, if Azen does place well (losing to pretty much just M2K) then its pretty hard to justify the "well MK is broken" when a character like Lucario can dominate (thus showing the skill level of lower tiered characters has not been explored...Azen has proved this multiple times in both Melee and Brawl).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
My mind games are too powerful :chuckle:

Own up people, come on who else clicked it LoLz???

-advent-
I didn't click on it because I'm already acquainted with Diddy's third banana. It's hard to pull out, around as difficult as grabbing his nuts ;)

Also, welcome to the family Dojo.
Check out the stickies/other random, helpful threads about the place.

Top Bottom