• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs Lucario

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

I'm sorry, but did you just say that Short-Hop Fair autocancels and combos into jabs? PLEASE tell me you meant full hop, or I'll be forced to hook you up with my optometrist.

iRJi

Smash Champion
No i said N-air auto** cancels. F-air if spaced from the ground properly can be jabbed a split second after. Please read more carefully. =]

Timbers

check me out
That's pretty much the truth of the matter, the whole "omg you have a projectile" **** only applies to like... falco.
Luc's projectile works a lot differently than other characters' projectiles. It can't be spammed or used to create effective openings (like..falco's lasers) but full and half charged auraspheres do their job at forcing airdodges, edgeguarding, abusing landing frames, and dealing damage while keeping a safe distance. The uncharged ones are too slow to be a threat, and their priority is trash. half/full charged is nice.

Um but that was probably off topic. No, AS alone does not screw Ike over. It's just an effective part of Lucario's moveset. It's a pro to Lucario, not a con to Ike.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
I know Ike can KO Lucario before Lucario even gets up to 100%. Preventing the aura buff. Just from this factor alone, does this mean Ike has the advantage against Lucario?
Cause I'm starting to think so...
are you joking? between FPCG, Aura sphere, and DT, Ike has no hope against Lucario. ive fought some professional ike players on the friend finder(assuming they actually are, idk if they was telling the truth) and they all got destroyed... seriously, i think the Lucario vs Ike ratio is 90:10 in Lucario's favor

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
are you joking? between FPCG, Aura sphere, and DT, Ike has no hope against Lucario. ive fought some professional ike players on the friend finder(assuming they actually are, idk if they was telling the truth) and they all got destroyed... seriously, i think the Lucario vs Ike ratio is 90:10 in Lucario's favor
If you don't know if they're telling the truth, give me 3 good reasons why I wouldn't be able to beat the **** out of these players with Captain Falcon.

Or at the very least, tell me who these pro Ikes are so I can money match them.. ^_^

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I know now... Lucario > Ike. But the ratio isn't that big! 90:10 is under estimating Ike way too much! And I highly doubt they were pros that you were fighting.
The match up was hard for me, cause the Ike I was playing only played on stages where you can't gimp his recovery, like Corneria, Bridge of Eldin, and the Fire Emblem stage.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I know now... Lucario > Ike. But the ratio isn't that big! 90:10 is under estimating Ike way too much! And I highly doubt they were pros that you were fighting.
The match up was hard for me, cause the Ike I was playing only played on stages where you can't gimp his recovery, like Corneria, Bridge of Eldin, and the Fire Emblem stage.
Those are some of the worst stages you can bring an Ike. Corneria's ceiling is really low, and he's better on walk offs than you are. But I highly doubt those are the only reasons you are losing to him.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Those are some of the worst stages you can bring an Ike. Corneria's ceiling is really low, and he's better on walk offs than you are. But I highly doubt those are the only reasons you are losing to him.
Yeah, they were the wrong stages. I felt like that was the only reason I was losing to him, cause he choose all the stages in his favor.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
oops darn i typed that wrong >.<

i ment it this way...
ive fought pro ike players.. i forgot to include i ment local pros here in newfoundland, then i ment to say and on the friend finder(forgot to type this) ive fought some good ike's, and some from allisbrawl just today

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok if you skipped my post just read it lol its on page 11. I do match ups in comparison to neutral stages. Think of the pros and cons for each. Look at the match up carefully. It is in Lucarios favor but its not even that big at all. 90:10 is just saying the local Ikes people are playing don't know what they might be doing. Its only a 60:40 and can be pushed to 55:45 making it just a tad bit in Lucarios favor, or a neutral match up. Ike is only easy to kill when hes not on the map. On the map he can be a terror.

And yes AS is just a pro to Lucario. Not a con to Ike. Very well said.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Ok if you skipped my post just read it lol its on page 11. I do match ups in comparison to neutral stages. Think of the pros and cons for each. Look at the match up carefully. It is in Lucarios favor but its not even that big at all. 90:10 is just saying the local Ikes people are playing don't know what they might be doing. Its only a 60:40 and can be pushed to 55:45 making it just a tad bit in Lucarios favor, or a neutral match up. Ike is only easy to kill when hes not on the map. On the map he can be a terror.

And yes AS is just a pro to Lucario. Not a con to Ike. Very well said.

I still say that AS is a con to Ike. It limits his options by controlling the distance between Lucario and Ike. Ike has to stay close to prevent Lucario from getting fully charged aura spheres, where are always excellent things to punish landings, something Ike isnt too good at stopping, so he will probably take plenty of damage from a Lucario if he just lets him charge up every aura sphere. Also its ability to limit Ikes recovery to one that approaches from below the stage is very harmful to Ikes recovery.

It really is at best for Ike around 70:30, and that would be somewhat changed to perhaps about 60:40 with the right stages for Ike.

I had an incredibly long post earlier in the thread detailing just about each critical aspect of the fight and how Lucario for the most part dominates the flow of the match, which no matter how fast Ikes attacks may be, they are not fast enough to give him a game that can simply take control of the momentum of a fight.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Good points. But the one thing you forgot to mention is that on the map we all have the universal shield called Powershielding/Perfect shielding. Yes Its a great punisher for moves that Ike will miss and landing lag. After all He has really slow smashes. But, thats smashes. Don't forget about tilts. *Defentlly dont forget about tilts. He can fan AS with them and thats what Ikes use for their main attacks.* Ike's who use air moves badly will be punished, Thats obvious. but keep in mind 80 percent of his air moves that he uses in a competitive game will auto cancel or be spaced properly. and also keep in mind that he can also fan AS with them.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Good points. But the one thing you forgot to mention is that on the map we all have the universal shield called Powershielding/Perfect shielding. Yes Its a great punisher for moves that Ike will miss and landing lag. After all He has really slow smashes. But, thats smashes. Don't forget about tilts. *Defentlly dont forget about tilts. He can fan AS with them and thats what Ikes use for their main attacks.* Ike's who use air moves badly will be punished, Thats obvious. but keep in mind 80 percent of his air moves that he uses in a competitive game will auto cancel or be spaced properly. and also keep in mn attack. ind that he can also fan AS with them.
If you mention perfect shielding then you concede that is is near useless to stop a projectile that has rather easy timing with an attack. I know how fast an Ike can be though, but Lucario is faster, and can force Ike to play the offensive game. Which having a strong projectile, Lucario can take advantage of Ike being forced to approach.

If you think that I feel this way because I think that Ike is slow, you are sadly mistaken. Lucario controls the momentum of the fight anywhere on the stage when he is fighting Ike, Ike cant effectively create and maintain momentum in a match, he is not stay in your face enough unless all he utilized is his jab game and that doesnt have the variety necessary to keep working.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
in this matchup ike might have to use every ounce of foucus that he has while the lucario just messes around with the A button... but there is no way that the matchup is 90-10 lucario...

scrub ike vs half-decent lucario is very diffrent and may create that illousion though...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
90:10....
What did you do to make this ratio up?
Unplug their controller making them helpless? And even while they where helpless you couldn't make it 100:0 cause you still took damage??

(sarcastic bashing, and joking at the same time.)
-t2

Oh and National Beat an Ike on Wifi Day is tomorrow!!
Go Everybody and beat an Ike! Revenge the Southern Coast of the United States of America!!

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I can't believe this thread is still alive hahaha

What is there to argue about? Lucario clearly has the advantage but a good Ike can still beat a Lucario, it's a just an uphill battle for Ike unless the Lucario doesn't know how to fight Ike. (like me)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I hope there will be a hurricane Lucario next hurricane season. I bet it would be more powerful than hurricane Ike. And as the storm loses its stock it gets stronger and would be an Aura Storm. Hurricane Lucario > Hurricane Ike.

guild525

Smash Rookie
I hope there will be a hurricane Lucario next hurricane season. I bet it would be more powerful than hurricane Ike. And as the storm loses its stock it gets stronger and would be an Aura Storm. Hurricane Lucario > Hurricane Ike.
Not in a million years :/...
And this topic probably should be locked or left to die...when the discussion happens it happens.....(/spam)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, this place has gotten a bit out of hand, its been said many times that Lucario is better then Ike in many ways.

So its over, Lucario's better, end of thread.
(National Beat an Ike on Wifi day is tomorrow!)

(Cue Mod locking Thread)
-t2

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Yea, this place has gotten a bit out of hand, its been said many times that Lucario is better then Ike in many ways.

So its over, Lucario's better, end of thread.
(National Beat an Ike on Wifi day is tomorrow!)

(Cue Mod locking Thread)
-t2
Don't close the thread until at least National beat an Ike day is past.

Top Bottom