• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs Lucario

XavantTheEnigma

Smash Journeyman
I HATE MY FRIENDS IKE! all he does is spam fsmash if i go remotely close to him. i can own him if he's any character except ike.
LOOK OUT. THERE'S AN FSMASH COMING YOUR WAY.
I do indeed hate getting forward smash, as it usually means my demise. =_=

Pay attention and get away :o
Can you feel your heart beating fast? :)

CSTIK

Smash Cadet
I know Ike can KO Lucario before Lucario even gets up to 100%. Preventing the aura buff. Just from this factor alone, does this mean Ike has the advantage against Lucario?
Cause I'm starting to think so...
I've never had trouble against Ike. BAS spam prevents his approach majorly, forcing him to air, where he does NOT shine. Just play defensively and avoid his smashes. If you get trapped try to Double Team them instead, just remember if you're in the air falling down that it slows your vertical momentum :)

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I HATE MY FRIENDS IKE! all he does is spam fsmash if i go remotely close to him. i can own him if he's any character except ike.
Dude, either try to perfect shield or use Lucario's DT (second is easier to pull off, first requires good timing).

Hoser

Smash Ace
Oh sweet Christ, how will you go on knowing that someone on the internet shares a different opinion than you.
Oh sweet Christ, someone trying to agitate me poorly. I never disagreed with him, I merely stated that I cannot face him IRL. Wifi does suck, yes. But nonetheless, I can show him some Ike skill, albeit it not being an offline battle.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Most of the people in the Ike boards do think wifi is everything. After xyro challenged the Ike boards everyone was like omg hardest match ups are olimar falco DDD and samus.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Oh sweet Christ, how will you go on knowing that someone on the internet shares a different opinion than you.
If only there was some kind of place where you could use words and discussion in these situations. Perhaps it could be in the format of a board of some kind, where people could write messages.

Milln

Smash Champion
Oh sweet Christ, someone trying to agitate me poorly. I never disagreed with him, I merely stated that I cannot face him IRL. Wifi does suck, yes. But nonetheless, I can show him some Ike skill, albeit it not being an offline battle.
Aw man. I thought this guy was OneWingedAngelo1 at first. It was hilarious.

Timbers

check me out
he said 80:20 Luc. You disagreed and wanted to play him via wifi to change his opinion on the matchup. He has no wifi. You comment that you can't make your point without wifi, like we really cared.
Most of the people in the Ike boards do think wifi is everything. After xyro challenged the Ike boards everyone was like omg hardest match ups are olimar falco DDD and samus.
i laff'd

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman

You play wifi? Because I need to slap some sense into you.
No, I don't have Wifi. If someone were to purchase me a router I would play online and surely take this 'challenge' as long as it was in a friendly competition, but as of now I cannot do such a thing. v_v

But Wifi in no way determines a matchup. If there is lag it is a completely different playing environment in comparison to offline competitive play; one could compare this to playing with more-balanced items versus no items, but to a worse extent.

As well, two players playing against each other in no way determines a matchup as well. All it shows is that under the given circumstances player X with character A beat player Y with character B. Player X could've been better, or maybe player Y didn't have any experience versus character A, or possibly player Y wasn't capable of playing to their full potential. In no way do 2 scrubby players going against each other determine a matchup. Likewise, 2 better plays going against each other also do not necessarily determine a matchup (Diddy versus Meatknight, anyone).

tedward2000

Smash Champion
National Beat an Ike on Wifi day
October 2 2008
Do your self proud, cause it means nothing.
-t2

soro

Smash Journeyman
sweet. its time to beat up ike. *takes ike's sword and beats him with it*

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Well I could do some wifi, find me on aim Cambriel.. :)

Nothing wrong with pwning more noobs... ;) (if you aren't a noob, prove me wrong) :p

Zujira

Smash Apprentice
Zuji lols at this thread.

He also believes the matchup is 60:40 in Lucario's favor. Lucario can gimp/brickwall Ike pretty easily, while it's nowhere near as easy to gimp a good Lucario.

Also, lol @ people honestly thinking an Ike's gonna pull a d-tilt spike off on Lucario.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Zuji lols at this thread.

He also believes the matchup is 60:40 in Lucario's favor. Lucario can gimp/brickwall Ike pretty easily, while it's nowhere near as easy to gimp a good Lucario.

Also, lol @ people honestly thinking an Ike's gonna pull a d-tilt spike off on Lucario.
Uh.... Why would it be so hard to dtilt Lucario? >_>

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Bottom Line: Zuji knows what he is talking about.
This thread is getting as stagnant and "No u!" as the "Who's upB is better? MK's or Pits?" on the MK forums, the matter of the fact is that Ike has good matchups, but Lucario isn't one of them.

I definitely think this is the accurate number. Ike is a good defense character, but Lucario has aerials that with ease can dispose of nair/fair/ bair, just don't always fall for Ike's, since he can only perform only 1 on a SH, so AD or something along those lines. AS is good, but our quicker tilts, equally useful (if not, more) jab, and strings > Ike's punish-oriented game. Last time I checked, we are supposed to compare chars assuming that the players are of equal level, so the "fight a good one" is not entirely an infallible support. True, utilts do have good potential in a matchup against Lucario, but one disadvantage about Ike is that due to his moveset, certain moves will be the only he can use effectively, thus increasing his predictability by a lot. I don't see Ike's gimping game = or > Lucario's, and while I do enjoy Ike's style of strong mindplay, if both players are at ample gaming experience, there should be no question that Lucario has the advantage. Especially if it's in the air.
I thought this summarized it up. We still use the straw-man idea of "equal level" players. This really should only look at potential of each char, not who is better at their main.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
But that video was made of awesome. He didn't even have to make him trip to lose his second stock to a Fsmash.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
60-40 ike. Maybe 55-45 ike. See videos from that series to see how the matchup actually plays out. Feel free to ignore the ones with ******** mistakes, we keep those just for fun.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Lol, ok I read enough of this thread. I wasn't planing to post since no one knows who I really am lol. But anyway this argument has been going on for a week and I just want to give out a good description of the match.

First off, so no one can accuse me of anything, I played alot of good Ike players (Silven,Ryko,etc) Infact, Ryko is in my crew Zodiac Braves =D(Love to everyone in it) but back to the point. Short intro, Names RJ lol.

Ok so here this goes. This match up can go both ways in terms of what happens. Ike on map is a dominate character. With a sword that feels like its half the size of battlefield and power beyond imagination. Lucario with a projectile and his ablility to stand his ground against a strong character makes this match up interesting.

Ike is fast. Don't let his laggy smashes fool you. Keep in mind he has a auto cancel Nair and jabs that come out faster then any power character to date. In no way anyone can say Ike is slow. On the map he is safe as anything can be. His N-air can be used as an approach, auto cancels, and can be used as a killing move. Short hop F-air will finish before he hits the ground if spaced properly and can automaticlly jab right after. His jab combos and his weight makes him a very hard matchup against Lucario despite the fact Lucario has a projectile. Invest in perfect shielding, its really better then most of you perseive it to be. fanning and PSing (perfect shielding/Power shielding) aura spears is easier then it looks. So to come out and say it bluntly, even if Lucario has a projectile if Ike is on the map it will only help so much.

Then again, Ike off the map is pretty much a auto-KO off the map, and I will explain.

I don't want to hear that oo a good ike player wouldn't put himself in a position to be knocked out that far because thats BS. You pretty much don't have a choice. Ike's Dash attack takes a charge up time if you are half way or far out from the map, making it easy to just edgee hog or play near th edge so he can't recover on the map safely. Aether? For any Lucario who doesn't know what im about to say stop playing. AS will cancel it and hit Ike out of aether. If you see Ike throw one, AS him. From there its only 2 options he has:

1: Ike keeps trying to recover hoping you will miss, and you shouldn't since if Ike is anywhere near ledge range he will get hit reguardless.

2: He recovers too low and is unable to grab the ledge.

Like I said earlier, If Ike is in ledge range and Lucario throws a AS Ike will get hit, Doesn't matter where he is unless he is really low, and if that happens then he won't recover at all.

This matchup in my opinion is a 60:40 Lucario's favor. And its not because Lucario is my main and im sticking up for him because if that was the case I wouldnt try to provide detail and just shout out "He Has AS, Spam It" Like everyone else is. On the map Ike is a threat and a terror but unfortuntlly for Ike when hes pushed off the map its pretty much a fairwell to his stock that he loves so much.

Edit: Zodiac Braves all day. Search it, Learn about us. =]

Top Bottom