• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike position in the SBR Tier List

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I don't think Ike has an advantage over Pit besides his light weight and and predictable recovery.

Wyvern-x

Smash Apprentice
Ike should be above Luigi and Bowser. Thats my only concern for now.

For Ike to move up to top of middle Ike mainers would have to storm(>.>) the tournament scene and start ranking more often.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Top of Middle. To use Ike, you need... insane mind games. That's his potential. But then again, EVERYONE tends to be bias to your own character. =\ even I'll admit it.

(and what puts Ike the advantage on Pit, i'd like to know o_o)
Not completely true, you don't need insane mindgames, just good spacing. Anyway, Pit has no range and a hard time killing heavier chars. On top Ike can gimp him easily and at higher % can DI out of his fsmash before the 2nd hit.

Now Pit can be dangerous with his shield, but besides that he really has nothing going on Ike. Just spacing fairs correctly gets you 50% of this match.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Not completely true, you don't need insane mindgames, just good spacing. Anyway, Pit has no range and a hard time killing heavier chars. On top Ike can gimp him easily and at higher % can DI out of his fsmash before the 2nd hit.

Now Pit can be dangerous with his shield, but besides that he really has nothing going on Ike. Just spacing fairs correctly gets you 50% of this match.
Ike does not have an advantage against Pit... Just a few months ago, people said that Pit countered Ike... ._. If he shoots you with one or two light arrows while you're off the stage, you're screwed.... D:

And wtf? Ike can easily gimp Pit? <_< How? xD

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I won't say easily, but his Up-B isn't the safest move in the world. All Pit can do is just fly and glide. A spike, f-air, or an Aetherspike usually gets the job done.

But no, Ike doesn't have a high advantage over Pit. Spacing becomes pretty hard when Pit can quickly use arrows and his ****able Side-B. It's neutral at the least.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I won't say easily, but his Up-B isn't the safest move in the world. All Pit can do is just fly and glide. A spike, f-air, or an Aetherspike usually gets the job done.

But no, Ike doesn't have a high advantage over Pit. Spacing becomes pretty hard when Pit can quickly use arrows and his ****able Side-B. It's neutral at the least.
Yes, Pit's Up B isn't the safest in the world... xD But a good Pit player isn't just going to use it in a place where you can just jump out and hit him out of it... <__<

Pit is one of my mains, and I haven't ever let someone hit me out of my Up B... Well, expect the one time when I hadn't played Pit in a couple months.... And maybe when I just had started to play Brawl...

But yeah, Pit can just glide under the stage, and if you try to follow him to the other side, just use Up B to fly right back to the other side... :p It's fun.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
That's why you pick yoshi's island against pit, or any stage with a hard wall in the center/on the sides of the stage (pokemon stadium, pictochat, great sea, frigate is iffy)

•Col•

Smash Champion
That's why you pick yoshi's island against pit, or any stage with a hard wall in the center/on the sides of the stage (pokemon stadium, pictochat, great sea, frigate is iffy)
Yes, that's actually the stage I got hit out of it on... Yoshi's island... lol... D: It was a tournament match... Got it as a random stage... -____- I feel so stupid now, because I realized that I could've Up B'ed, moved away from the stage, rise up, THEN go onto the stage... D: Like I said, I hadn't played Pit in quite a while, so I forgot how long I actually had to fly with his Up B...

I was actually winning by quite a bit too.... I regret it so much.... :urg:

M@v

Subarashii!
Yes, that's actually the stage I got hit out of it on... Yoshi's island... lol... D: It was a tournament match... Got it as a random stage... -____- I feel so stupid now, because I realized that I could've Up B'ed, moved away from the stage, rise up, THEN go onto the stage... D: Like I said, I hadn't played Pit in quite a while, so I forgot how long I actually had to fly with his Up B...

I was actually winning by quite a bit too.... I regret it so much.... :urg:
your welcome for the hit ;)

Dahlaine

Smash Cadet
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Ike might be better than bowser, luigi and peach (I doubt it), but he's certainly not better than ZSS, Zelda, Fox, Olimar, Toon link, Wolf, Pit, Kirby and the Ice Climbers.
So how on earth would anyone think he could be next to pickachu, let alone be 2/3 spots higher than he is right now.
In my opinion he's not even better than Sheik, Lucas and Mario to say the least.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Put him higher on the mid tier and I will be happy, Ike is not THAT bad...right...I main him...I mean c'mon...

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I don't think it will be Ike moving up as much as a few people above him moving down: namely Bowser and Luigi. Bowser has only one direction to go: Down, while Luigi doesn't have the tournament results to stay up there. Peach and ZSS are both possibilities, but it would take more factors then Bowser or Luigi.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
Exactly. Ike's not a bad character by any means. He's just being used by too many bad players.
Neo and Azen (well he does sort of play everyone)? What is there to Ike that when unlocked he'll skyrocket to high tier? Insane spacing? reliable gimps? reliable Fsmash mindgames? Because on paper and in practice (so far) Ike doesn't seem like high tier material unless you assume everyone else's meta stops while his improves.

I'm really just wondering not attacking your opinions.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Neo and Azen (well he does sort of play everyone)? What is there to Ike that when unlocked he'll skyrocket to high tier? Insane spacing? reliable gimps? reliable Fsmash mindgames? Because on paper and in practice (so far) Ike doesn't seem like high tier material unless you assume everyone else's meta stops while his improves.

I'm really just wondering not attacking your opinions.
No problem. My main point was that the Tier List is largely based on tournament results. I don't think it's a matter of finding or unlocking any new techniques (don't see this happening). From what I've been able to gather, the top Ikes do have a place among the Hier Tiers. His metagame, at the highest level (assuming what we've seen is the peak of his game), is really quite impressive. But the few who are playing him at this level are not going to be boosting Ike's results in the grand scheme of things considering the vast amount of people using Top Tier characters. That is, unless we see an equally vast amount of Ike players using said level of play in these settings. It's certainly doable, but not many people are putting in the effort to push Ike to that level when there are several easier options (Meta Knight, anyone?).

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'm glad Ike is so low.
It helps higher tiers lose confidence as they lose.
Everything you do can be cleverly used as a mindgame.
It's just putting all of it together and succeeding with it is the hard part.

If Ike were higher, then what?
Nobody would care that they lost (which they hardly do now....).
In the n00b tier, Ike PWNs (Top tier at the least) but in competitive play, he isn't the greatest thing.
I used to see many Ikes, now there are more ROBs and DKs.

I know that I don't have a point, so I'll make one.
Why would you want Ike to be higher?
It'd just make more people main him.
I jumped off of the bandwagon of MK since I saw the legions of people maining him, and now it's a taboo since his tier placement. (I still like Marth, though)

If you want to stand out, Ike is great right now.
But if he were higher, we wouldn't really be noticed.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm glad Ike is so low.

In the n00b tier, Ike PWNs (Top tier at the least) but in competitive play, he isn't the greatest thing.

I jumped off of the bandwagon of MK since I saw the legions of people maining him, and now it's a taboo since his tier placement. (I still like Marth, though)

I'm fine with him being low. He just should be at a respectable level at least, seeing that most people want him lower. Like, near-bottom-tier-if-not-bottom-tier-once-it-comes-out-lower

If he's still around bottom of Mid tier with then pull out Top and Bottom Tier, I'd say thats perfect. Low enough it's a shock to lose to him, but high enough you actually have a chance of seeing a fellow Ike mainer ever now and then in a tournament.

iluv2draw123

Smash Rookie
No problem. My main point was that the Tier List is largely based on tournament results. I don't think it's a matter of finding or unlocking any new techniques (don't see this happening). From what I've been able to gather, the top Ikes do have a place among the Hier Tiers. His metagame, at the highest level (assuming what we've seen is the peak of his game), is really quite impressive. But the few who are playing him at this level are not going to be boosting Ike's results in the grand scheme of things considering the vast amount of people using Top Tier characters. That is, unless we see an equally vast amount of Ike players using said level of play in these settings. It's certainly doable, but not many people are putting in the effort to push Ike to that level when there are several easier options (Meta Knight, anyone?).

Andrew's right. For Ike to go ANY higher, tons of people have to start using him.

Roager

Smash Ace
I personally think Ike is far better than where he is. I'd put him probably about dead center. Top of middle or bottom of top. Anyway, point is, tier lists are more than just theory. In theory, a good Lucas could mindgames the hell out of a snake, and **** him with u-smash. But it's not happening. Link and Captain Falcon have their fans, but nobody's doing well enough in tournaments to put them anywhere but the worst of the worst.

Ike has more potential that 25th in the game, I say, but until it shows up in the tournament results, he's not gonna move much.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
He is okay where he is, but he could be a higher if ike gets more AND better representation.

But his tier placement is not what matters, what matter its if he is competitively viable or not, and he is either borderline or not viable at all.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm glad Ike is so low.

Lol, poetry.

D

Deleted member

Charging Forward Smash.
People Running Toward me.
Hoes Go a Flying.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
He is okay where he is, but he could be a higher if ike gets more AND better representation.

But his tier placement is not what matters, what matter its if he is competitively viable or not, and he is either borderline or not viable at all.
I wouldn't say Ike's not viable. I've encountered one or two Ikes that have made their way to the top. Finding such a high level among Ike players is very rare indeed, but there are some out there that can compete with the best of the best.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Why must everyone make fun of my typing?
It's just natural for me to press enter after each sentence.
IS THAT A PROBLEM?!

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, it's as simple as more people doing good with Ike in tournaments to increase his tier position and Rankings. It's pretty much the only thing holding him back.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Syntax-wise yes
Personally no
But I'd keep making fun of it if for nothing else because it bothers you so.
It actually doesn't bother me, I was going to type in something along the lines of "Just kidding", but I had to go to school.

I guess Ike should be placed higher now with all the mindgames and stuff people are coming up with.
Once an Ike player can predict you, it's all over for you.....

zealotscout

Smash Apprentice
too under rated tier wise lol....
he should get more credit he kills people just with his taunt , and because he fights for his friends

raph21

Smash Rookie
i dont believe in tiers, u make ur own tiers. for me Ike's the best, why?? simple cuz he spikes he's friends xDDDDDD

Alondite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Exaccus
I personally believe Ike is much better than we here is placed, but that's probably because I main him. On that same token, I main Ike because I have the best win percentage with him.

What I find amusing though, is how a small collection of self proclaimed "elite" smash players think they can decide who is better than who based on a collection of incomplete information and a small fraction of a percent of all smash matches...it just makes no sense to me, thus I can't really take tiers all that seriously.

Top Bottom