• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike position in the SBR Tier List

PCHU

Smash Lord
I believe Ike should be a little higher.
He can take down some pretty awesome stuff with the correct mindgames.

Fsmash does take out a lot of options if you can find some way to time it so that they won't expect it, or they see it coming but do the wrong thing.
If you know his approaches, MK is practically BEGGING for an fsmash.

Counter (Don't get all angry like the Marth people did) is a good move.
BUT, you MUST be able to predict.
Like MK's Shuttle Loop.
You just KNOW when they jump up a little ways from you that that's what they're aiming to do.

I'll stop here.
Is Ike just a "Sit back and predict everything" kind of character?
That could be why he's so low.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Counter (Don't get all angry like the Marth people did) is a good move.
BUT, you MUST be able to predict.
Like MK's Shuttle Loop.
You just KNOW when they jump up a little ways from you that that's what they're aiming to do.
I'm one of the Marth fans, and I think that Ike's Counter is a useful move. Certainly not as bad as other Marth mains make it out to be. It's certainly effective in the right situations, with a few advantages over Marth's even. They both have their uses; Marth's for Reaction and Ike's for Prediction.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Ike should be 21th or higher. The main reason of not being at this rank is mainly due to his slowness. His aerials, fair, nair, and bair especially, are great in range and do much more damage than a normal aerial, plus the nair circles 300 degrees around him. His ground attacks are superb, and eruption and usmash have tremendous vertical range, while the fsmash has great horizontal range. The only flaws are the dsmash and uair, and the speed.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I think Ike should at least be placed higher than Zelda. 25th is a bit low considering his potential but then again, the Tier List relies more on tournament results than actual match-ups.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman
Ike should be 21th or higher. The main reason of not being at this rank is mainly due to his slowness. His aerials, fair, nair, and bair especially, are great in range and do much more damage than a normal aerial, plus the nair circles 300 degrees around him. His ground attacks are superb, and eruption and usmash have tremendous vertical range, while the fsmash has great horizontal range. The only flaws are the dsmash and uair, and the speed.
Yeah, cause the Fsmash is an amazing move....

Top Bottom