• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike position in the SBR Tier List

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon[/QUOTE

Ike is the 25th best char in this game disscus

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yes, we all know his position by now... And we're all happy with it...

•Col•

Smash Champion
Meh, he shouldn't be in low tier... Maybe he could go up or down a space or two...

M@v

Subarashii!
Ikes speed will be a major handicap to him. His recovery can be gimped too, but it isnt the easiest thing to do.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's correct, which is why we're even lucky that Ike is starting out as mid tier.

I'm quite satisfied with where he's at.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I was wondering when this topic would show up.

I don't know enough about other characters to say his spot should change but I think the whole tier list is fine for now so I don't see anything to discuss.

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
hey did you try the grab release to aaa it work safely on ness and lucas but idk for the other defenitly awesome for racking up %

D

Deleted member

Ike should be way higher, he's a better character than 25th.

edit: I'd put him around 12th or 13th. Probably after Pikachu.

•Col•

Smash Champion

High tier? o_O Uh... I don't think he's THAT good..... D: To be honest, he really should never be much higher than the middle of middle tier... (Well, unless we find some godly AT or something for him... ._.)

But yeah, he is definitely not the 13th best character in Brawl...

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I main Marth, and even I think that 25th is a bit low for Ike. I can see him moving into High Tier if enough players start playing him professionally in the tournaments rather than the mess we have now. Not enough people are using him (and using him well at that). I've faced maybe one or two truly skilled Ike and suffice to say, almost bottom of Middle Tier is too low for Ike. I may be a Marth fan, but no way am I as critical as some of the others who immediately dismiss Ike as a far inferior character (which is certainly not the case).

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I've been told many times that despite Ike being my secondary, I'm an excellent Ike player. Sure, I personally feel Ike is a bit low, but he's good where he stands.

His recovery isn't that easily gimpable, it's just his lagging speed in attacks. They can be so easily spot-dodged it's not funny, although any great Ike player can get around that, but that leaves options limited until it becomes an air battle.

I'm pessmetic. About over half of the SWF is saying that Ike is way too high as it is, and we don't nessecarily have a lot of well-known top-of-the-line Ike players here.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
As a whole, the tier list rather saddened me and I fully agree with Umbreon and Kirk that he's far better than 25th.

What's even sadder is, like HeroMystic pointed out, people want to move him down :confused:.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Maybe Ike could raise up, but I can't see him being better than everyone that's already in High tier... I also don't see him being better than some of the people that are the top of Middle tier... D:

I don't think he's going to raise much anyway... There's too many people that already think Ike is to high...

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'll try to see if I can record some matches with me as playing Ike against other players, and we'll see what happens.

If we want people's opinions to change they gotta see it for themselves.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people who want him to move down have little basis for that statement. I would guess the majority of them have never faced an experienced Ike before. Add to the fact that a lot of people find Ike to be a noob character only fuels further contempt. Which is understandable, since not many Ike players truly know what they're doing. Like I mentioned before, there is a serious shortage of outstanding Ike users. Ike's not an easy character to master by any means (I can attest to that), but the few that have are truly exceptional players. Ike can hold his own against most of the High Tier characters in my opinion, maybe even some of the Top Tier characters. Those who say that Ike has no place in any competitive settings simply do not know what they're talking about. The simple fact is that Ike's metagame is seriously underdeveloped. I applaud the few that have put in the effort to even push Ike to the 25th spot. We simply need far more players to start doing the same thing.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'll try to see if I can record some matches with me as playing Ike against other players, and we'll see what happens.

If we want people's opinions to change they gotta see it for themselves.
True... I think why most people think that Ike should be lower is because of all the n00bs there were when Brawl was released.... <_<;; There really aren't that many GOOD Ike's out there that people know about...

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
True... I think why most people think that Ike should be lower is because of all the n00bs there were when Brawl was released.... <_<;; There really aren't that many GOOD Ike's out there that people know about...
Exactly. Ike's not a bad character by any means. He's just being used by too many bad players.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
As bad as it sounds it's probably true. XD

A lot of people flock over to Ike and just Smash all day. I actually think if there weren't so many Ike players in general he'd have a better reputation.

And I just noticed, we don't have a lot of posters here in the Ike boards in general. >_>

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
A lot of people flock over to Ike and just Smash all day. I actually think if there weren't so many Ike players in general he'd have a better reputation.

And I just noticed, we don't have a lot of posters here in the Ike boards in general. >_>
If the stereotype of the random Fsmashing Wifi Ike didn't hold basis in truth, he'd have a much better reputation.

And yeah, there's not a grand amount of posters, but thankfully practically all the posts are intelligent.

•Col•

Smash Champion
As bad as it sounds it's probably true. XD

Yes, we have like 15 people who post regularly... xD

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Why do the people who aren't from these boards start these useless discussions? We already talked about it in the general discussion thread and It honestly doesn't matter. The only reason he is that low is because the tier list is based on tournament results 1st then match ups and not many people use Ike.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Why do the people who aren't from these boards start these useless discussions? We already talked about it in the general discussion thread and It honestly doesn't matter. The only reason he is that low is because the tier list is based on tournament results 1st then match ups and not many people use Ike.
True, but at least here we can discuss Ike's placement without constant and needless bashing. The views here are much more objective and focused. We really don't need someone telling us Ike sucks every other post.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
I think all that's been discovered for Ike on this board is sufficient to give him a chance in the tournaments against the Top Tiers. It's just a shame that very few Ike users are actually utilizing the advanced techniques discussed here. If Ike ever wants to advance a Tier, there has got to be a huge boost of players who are actually dedicated to perfecting his play style and making an impact in the competitive scene.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I think all that's been discovered for Ike on this board is sufficient to give him a chance in the tournaments against the Top Tiers. It's just a shame that very few Ike users are actually utilizing the advanced techniques discussed here. If Ike ever wants to advance a Tier, there has got to be a huge boost of players who are actually dedicated to perfecting his play style and making an impact in the competitive scene.
Well, there really aren't that many AT's for Ike to begin with... D: That would be cool if we did find some ultra cool one though...

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Early tier list is way too early. Anyway Ike should at least be above Fox. Maybe then his match-ups will start to break him up. Olimar and Wolf are disadvantages and Toon Link about even so he's got some trouble there. Up a little higher though you've got Pit, Kirby and the IC's which are all in Ike's advantage. I think he'll either end up high end of mid tier or maybe just inside high.

Zinc Elemental

Smash Journeyman

Seriously, Umbreon? I have trouble seeing him higher than he is right now. Care to explain why you thik so?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I don't play Ike, but when I face him I always find that he has a horrible recovery. If I hit him off the stage at a downward angle and he goes kinda far, there's really nothing he can do.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Early tier list is way too early. Anyway Ike should at least be above Fox. Maybe then his match-ups will start to break him up. Olimar and Wolf are disadvantages and Toon Link about even so he's got some trouble there. Up a little higher though you've got Pit, Kirby and the IC's which are all in Ike's advantage. I think he'll either end up high end of mid tier or maybe just inside high.
:chuckle:

10char

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Top of Middle. To use Ike, you need... insane mind games. That's his potential. But then again, EVERYONE tends to be bias to your own character. =\ even I'll admit it.

(and what puts Ike the advantage on Pit, i'd like to know o_o)

Top Bottom