• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike isn't cheap. Please shutup.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ike isnt cheap at all...anyone who loses to ike and says that is just johning...maybe if you trip into his fsmash you can complain a lil :p

But seriously it takes alot of skill to be good with Ike.....so hes not cheap.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
No. Cheap is a synonym for effective. Only scrubs call things cheap. And scrubs can be beaten by any character.

Scrubs are most likely to call Ike cheap because they get killed by him at low %'s. "Holy ****, 30% in one attack? I died already? CHEAP!" And when they play against other people who suck they can walk up to a group of them fighting in a free for all and fsmash the entire group. So they'd get all the kills, and their scrub friends will all agree that Ike is cheap. Put any scrub Ike against a competent anything, and they'd think the other guy was cheap.

He's A Pirate.

Smash Rookie
I'd say he's the same as everyone else in that he's deadly in the right hands, but equally if you don't know what you're doing, he can be awful.

It's new players that play 'versus anyone' and see the spamtastic smash Ikes that give him the notoriety.

Draconian

Smash Cadet
No character is truly cheap, in my opinion... whether you win or lose is dependant on your skill.

Roager

Smash Ace
It always strikes me as odd when I hear somebody say Ike's cheap, and then they utterly fail at playing as Ike. I play Ike, but not ****** McSpackypants spam style. And I'd like to consider myself good with Ike. Maybe the people I play against just aren't very good, but I'm in Idaho. It can't really be helped.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
If Ike is cheap, then Meta Knight is not a broken character.
He was placed in the middle tier though. I was hoping for low.

Polymus

Smash Cadet
No character is truly cheap, in my opinion... whether you win or lose is dependent on your skill.
I think this may be the only post in this topic that makes sense. There are no cheap characters. Those considered "cheap" characters can be easily beat with anyone. People are skilled with certain characters, some APPARENTLY more used than most characters.

As I see it, the considered "cheap moves" can be can be countered; nothing is unstoppable. If you call it "cheap", then all it means is you haven't found a way to counter it. Don't blame the character or the player for that.

Basically people, don't be hating on Ike because you haven't figured out how to fight him yet. =(

IKEzo

Smash Rookie
Stfu!!

if anyone says that ike is cheap, they just can't over the fact that it takes skill to get good with him, unlike those foxfalconmarth homos

ToonLuigi

Smash Cadet
Rapid pwned all the scrubs(? I'm still trying to find a definition..). It's true, he's not cheap and yeah...if you get hit by his 180 degree USmash, it's your fault for getting close up!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Point all the noobs in this direction so other boards don't get the stupid "how do I beat Ike's jabs" threads.

•Col•

Smash Champion
This reminds me of the "Attention Roy Forums: STOP BEING STUPID" stickied thread in the Roy boards... xDDDDD

§leepy God

Smash Master
Sure Ike is cheap, he has a golden sword, how many swords are golden? And his FSmash kills everybody at 0 percent at anystage no matter where they're at, if you say it don't, then your a n00bs. XD [sarcasm if people didn't get it]

S8on95

Smash Cadet
Ike could be cheap if you make him. Depends on how smart you are and what you do with him. May one day someone find a way to imprve hi gameplay. :)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
He is cheap, it's called mindaming you into my FSmash that has a vacuum effect.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Some people mgiht still have a march mindset.
At the moment, it's more of an April mindset.

A:"You mean Ike's moves are blockable? He also doesn't have a projectile?"
B:"Yes...?"
A:"lol ike sux"

We need a November mindset, seriously.

Edit: If I had to compare Ike to someone else it'd be Peach, except the inverse scenario here.

When you see Peach at first, you think she blows. Then you lose to her a few times and you think she's amazing. Then that feeling settles down and you're down to "Peach is pretty good, but definitely not great."

Similar thing with Ike, except you first think he's amazing then think he blows. (Some people don't get past part 1, most don't get past 2)

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You want a November mindset? Here it is...

"lolol ike is slow and has no projectile, we haz the 70:30 advantage, gg hav a niec day!"

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
You want a November mindset? Here it is...

"lolol ike is slow and has no projectile, we haz the 70:30 advantage, gg hav a niec day!"
Sadly i must agree with Kinzer...november not good...

Top Bottom