• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I would love to stay with all the Ikes, because that's probably who I'd like to hang out with the most... but the friendlies would get tiresome and monotonous, to say the least.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It's not like we can only play as Ike... San could pull out his Jiggs to gimp us every few matches, and uh... um...

Yah.

I'll definitely be ditching Raz and my other local buddies to hang out with you guys during the days at the convention. I see them all the time, they can fend for themselves.

:034:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was thinking more of offline biweekly xD

But no matter, I also have Pikachu >_>;

If we housed together we could do epic FFA med items all stages MMs for a dollar

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Messing around the night before a national tournament? No thanks...I'd rather get some practice in.

Oh and San, I encourage you wear some bright clothing or something that lights up at night. I coulda sworn you disappeared in the dark when you were really just a few feet away from me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Messing around the night before a national tournament? No thanks...I'd rather get some practice in.

Oh and San, I encourage you wear some bright clothing or something that lights up at night. I coulda sworn you disappeared in the dark when you were really just a few feet away from me.
racism.
lol jokes. but srsly guys, have fun at this tournament. sadly they are SO scarce over here. every tournament is practically a national (relative to us of course, so like a statewide tournament for you guys) and the same people finish top 3 every time. plus theres only like, 4 tournaments a year. ultra suckish

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
It's not like we can only play as Ike... San could pull out his Jiggs to gimp us every few matches, and uh... um...

Yah.

I'll definitely be ditching Raz and my other local buddies to hang out with you guys during the days at the convention. I see them all the time, they can fend for themselves.

I wish I could go....I can play a wide variety of characters D:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, i wish we'd use more obscure stages. srsly. theyre even discussing banning brinstar as a CP.
im fine with this because i hate the stage, but srsly too strict much

Heartstring

Smash Legend
thats true, very true. but **** it sucks when every single time i play the opponent goes 'SV for the whole set?'
god****it no!

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Jab > Dtilt can work on any character but only if they don't see it coming. For fast-fallers like Fox and Falco you can try using Jab 1 twice first to get them a bit higher, and if they're at a really high percent you can just go for the Jab > Utilt if you catch them off-stage like that, because it's much more unexpected and thus likely to hit.

If your opponent knows about Jab > Dtilt and is wary of it, they may like to air-dodge as soon as they are able to when you Jab them off-stage, and in that case you can wait a moment and do a walk-off Dair to punish the air-dodge. Or in Falco's case, if he air-dodges below the stage he's pretty much screwed because his upB goes nowhere and is easy to edge-hog.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if they are highish % (weight dependant) its good to finish it if they are DIing away to have them DI to their death, but if they are DIing else where, take advantage of it.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
You guys and your tournaments. Only tourney I can see myself attending is any at Anime Boston since my anime club goes there every year, except last year where we went to Animazement, but we were too late to get our badges and stuff on the first day and I missed signing up for the Brawl tourney there.

I know I asked about this before, but I don't recall any responses. Utilt as an edge guard?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol. i find walkoff fair to be the best edgeugard with ike, i once had a spell of trying to edgeguard with eruption...i didnt work

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've seen that crap happen before, its only when Sonic's did a side B up a slant and hit you with it.. something like that

Top Bottom