• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
No, I finished it, as in the first cup. Just unsure if I will be tempted to do the next one, especially if it's on a keyboard. <_<

Need to find me a cheap Logitech somewhere tomorrow.
@Mr. Doom: And now you tell us, then again, to lazy to scour for the SD card housing the 'goods'. If ya catch my drift XD
any controller with a USB device can be used. I have an xbox controller for stuff like that

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I actually bought the USB/ethernet adaptator at some point. Didn't really make the connection godlike :/ And then my wii refused to let me enter WFC matches. I miss wifi sometimes.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
any controller with a USB device can be used. I have an xbox controller for stuff like that
One I use is broken and would make a precision game like this a pita to play, has the left on left stick issue (I.E when centered, it still moves/rotates character, vehicle, camera etc... to the left)

@ussi: Cause wired > wireless, any day of the week. Lose to much signal while wireless, even though it would depend on the wireless card/adapter itself. Those issues I had with you me and my bud padre on zombies a few days ago, cause I was on wireless XD. Nearly cut my 60d and 6u in half cause of it >_<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hey guys, Check out this stream tomorrow starting at 10am gmt. Brawl stream, live from the UK
http://www.twitch.tv/smashbrawluk
it will be helpful if we manage to get our livestream off to a decent viewing first time around. Plus I'm on commentary almost all day so it's bound to be amazing

Heartstring

Smash Legend
-Loads up stream-
-Sees Snake f-smash two times in a row-
-Sees Marth counter it-
-Leaves-
you probably entered the stream at a stupid time lol

Either way, thanks to all the people who watched. even though the quality was garbage for the most part...like really. terrible.
but the next one will have a good venue with no con-goers getting in the way!

Anyway, as for the tournament. I did well for the most part, I came 5th in tournament, Losing to J.miller (Luigi main, He won the event) and Shay (ZSS, its recorded and online albiet in bad quality) so I'm not too worried about that.

First round, beat a terrible MK. took like 20% both games.
Second round, Played T.C, Who is Lucas/Sheik. another 2-0 victory.
Third round, Played Hoe4U who is a good pikachu and most expected him to beat me. Instead I 2-0'd him and got a 2stock second game.
Fourth round, I Got J.miller and got beat fairly convincingly.
Into losers quarters, I played shay (aforementioned ZSS) and lost 2-1. I really dropped the ball last game and I felt I should have had it.

I did much better than I expected though. Turns out that I had been playing with a dislocated joint in my left finger (a.k.a My shield finger) all day so It explains why I messed up too many powershields. That and running the tournament makes it incredibly hard to concentrate on your match /Johns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCBVyKKyuZs

All I ever thought I knew about this game is now wrong. and i'm kinda glad
Oh i remember seeing this, It's pretty difficult to get right though

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I didn't watch a lot of the stream, but I caught you surviving till 240% and winning a game in doubles, and the first two matches vs Shay. You did great !
I got the feeling you were running too much again ZSS, where PS is really important. I'll try to watch it again at some point.

ggs on 5th too obviously !

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, Jmiller gave me several tips on improving my genera gameplay. and He's certainly correct. Sadly the ZSS main is also my current training partner (he lives 5 minutes walk from me when at uni) so we know eachother really well. Still, good times were had.

I can feel the improvement happening, I was originally picking up a secondary (again) to deal with mk/olimar. But I'm getting some new improvement with ike now, So I'm just going to keep going solo with Ike

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im not too bothered, but my friend sat next to me has infinite levels of salt. UK doesnt get the new game for a while

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Limited edition FE 3DS :D :D :D

I finished the game in about 2.5 days (I basically spent the whole weekend playing lol). It was good.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
... I am afraid whats gonna happen in lunatic mode. I don't even want to think about lunatic+

I'm not gonna be no lifing the game to finish it in a few days though :/ got stuff to do

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Got my special edition fire emblem 3DS, HOLY CRAP THE GRAPHICS ARE AMAZING
*coughs* took you long enough, already on Lunatic+ with mine...... and I regret ever starting it. This is a fricking masochists wet dream right here. Literally....

Also the design on the system itself is nicely done. Just wish I had some stuff to keep it looking out of the box shiny & new <_<

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Unfortunately, I didn't spend much time on the game so far. I got it about five days after the release date, and I have logged in only 6.5 hours into the game.

Top Bottom