• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hey first post here.. I've always wondered but was too lazy to ask, and this is probably not character specific but what the heck

How do you jump towards a platform and just end up on it without landing lag? I often see it as a way of navigating platforms on lylat. Is it possible on other stages too?
How do you run a short distance and stop without a slowdown animation (so you can jab instantly out of a run)? Is it a set distance, or do you have to do an input? Both?

I have a lot to work on and I figure a good place to start is basic movement.
Its called platform canceling. Its only works on platforms that move (ie Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Lylat are the 3 popular ones) i don't remember if PS1 nuetral platforms counts or not.

The concept of platform canceling is to execute an aerial when you are jumping through a platform to make you land on the platform. The thing is, most aerials have autocancel frames in the beginning of their moves (like first few frames) which is why people just seem to instantly land on a platform jumping through

Also sen, i know its flatter, but i was refering to your weak chest

As for the dash > jab, that just requires you to buffer a crouch though i end up seeing some people just cancel dash with shield

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I don't even know the times when people post on this layout yet. What Ussi said is correct. It also works for Rainbow Cruise platforms. You just jump towards a platform while holding down. When the platform is almost towards the middle of your body, let go. An alternative way is to hold down and flick the C-stick at the correct timing. This allows you to buffer a dash if you're holding diagonally forward. Press Shield+down while in the air at the right time and you buffer a platform-canceled ledge drop.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
An alternative way is to hold down and flick the C-stick at the correct timing. This allows you to buffer a dash if you're holding diagonally forward. Press Shield+down while in the air at the right time and you buffer a platform-canceled ledge drop.
Did not know all of this. I swear every place that has information on this neglects something.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Aye, I do it the way san says (about letting go of down at your feet knees get to the platform).

Just got to ask, Am I the only one who platform cancels from a ledgejump on smashville? you know, when the platform is right about the ledge.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
@GP I use it fairly often. It looks neat and changes the usually readable trajectory of the ledgejump.
Yeah, Plus if you got someone waiting for you right by the ledge, I've found you can platformcancel, do the instant fallthrough thing and B-air, It's pretty nice to use, But it looks REALLY stylish (which is the most important thing)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Go oldest and take out stage striking and do random stage select starter stage

In seriousness put BS's money where his mouth is and add PS to the stage list :trollface:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I saw your stagelist

Vat at pictochat

Update your 3 year old stage list.
Pictochat was legal at the last tournament I went to (just last week, mind you), and someone did take me there as well. That tournament also had two bans since the stage list was somewhat liberal.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
well, ok then. I was just giving a heads up that the stage isn't normally seen, but if your local scene is used to it, then have fun with it.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Got a pretty big european tournament this week-end ! Until then, and much like the past 2 months, I won't be able to practice because of my studies.
I hope I'm not too rusty, I wanna place great.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It's because they all conspire to make students' lives miserable for an entire week. I can see them now, sitting in one large lounge full of them and discussing their plans to salt their students.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Now that I found my USB, might actually try to play sometime this or next month. So boring to play alone ;_; We should hang out more Kimchi

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Got a pretty big european tournament this week-end ! Until then, and much like the past 2 months, I won't be able to practice because of my studies.
I hope I'm not too rusty, I wanna place great.
Cool, Best of luck man. I Look forward to seeing that you've caused some sort of major upset in bracket XD

Top Bottom