• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Considering he fell under the stage, I assume it was reversed. I would expect better from mr.R really.
Better luck next time Blubo, Perhaps you can get a video of you playing vs. TL and see where you go wrong? I can imagine the 'Zair just before landing' trick would be a pain to deal with

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
Considering he fell under the stage, I assume it was reversed. I would expect better from mr.R really.
Better luck next time Blubo, Perhaps you can get a video of you playing vs. TL and see where you go wrong? I can imagine the 'Zair just before landing' trick would be a pain to deal with
It indeed is annoying that you can't punish an airdodge freely because they might just change it to a Zair, and as far as i know Shadow(the TL he lost to in pools) recorded most of his matches, so i think those videos will be online at one point.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
what BS i can't see how many times i posted in this thread anymore. (Only shows me how many times i posted since we moved to the new site, 35 times.. MY 4k+ posts!)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
It indeed is annoying that you can't punish an airdodge freely because they might just change it to a Zair, and as far as i know Shadow(the TL he lost to in pools) recorded most of his matches, so i think those videos will be online at one point.
wait shadowTL? Wow he must have improved a lot since I last played him (admittedly its been amost 2 years now lol)
props to the man, I'm interested to see this vids though

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
That's the one, especially in the last 6 months he's made drastic improvements, and he got 4th at the last dutch tourney. Admittedly, a few players that could beat him wheren't there, but it still says something.

And then he loses to a Link in bracket in germany.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Senliten, I'm highly curious. Is your avatar supposed to be Nowi?
Would you prefer the source :3 even if it's NSFW XD
@Ussi: *cough*NoNo*cough*

Anyways, FINALLY!!! After a week and a half with nothing to do but stare at a wall..... and making friends with the local natives..... in the back of my head XD, I finally have a net connection in the new damn house of mine.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
@Ussi and G-P
yeah it was a reverse UpB.. I shouldn't have missed the edge anyway, I guess he was as surprised as I was.

I use jab>dash grab very rarely, but at random times I do it. I'm sure it actually has an edge over dash>shieldgrab sometimes but I don't know what :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Lol i'm not a weeabo to that degree anymore. That was a childish desire when there are more important traits in a girl than her ethnicity.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
In seriousness, i'm really just looking for a good mother of my future children.
You're so traditional. How... traditional.
I was just looking for the longest time for a girl who could simply handle a real relationship and make me happy. Found one, and 5+ months in, it's still working beautifully.

Meanwhile, in Canada,

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm pretty easy going, not gonna have a strict family life which is what "tradition" in traditional family usually means.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
You sure you had your fill? At this rate sen, you're gonna marry a tablet waifu
hell might as well XD
And yes, I had enough. Two serious relationships, one ending in such a chaotic way, that it took me nearly 4 years to logically try and figure out why, and still working on the finer details of it. Said relationship was obv with the ex-fiance <_< Second one... meh not as bad, but they wouldn't stop lying or get their act together. So yeah, bring on the tablets and AR mobile phone waifu functions XD

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Just jumping in here to ask a quick tech question. Has anyone else found it to be easier to jab cancel with Ike while using the Wiimote+Nunchuck setup as opposed to the standard GC controller setup? Is there a reason for this or am I hallucinating again?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its not easier or harder using either

Would go as far as saying, not really different on the wii mote either.

All you are doing is pressing down inbetween A's in a rhythmic manner

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Like ussi said, no difference between the two. The only thing I can think of is that the wiichuck might be harder due to the delayed responsiveness of a wireless controller

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
their is a delayed response of 0-2 frames regardless of your controller

No difference when you are buffering correctly though, its the same for wifi unless there is a lag spike.

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm an Ike main and I've been lurking the boards for a while now. Since I'm about to graduate from college and I doubt I'll ever have this much free time again, I'm looking to get a little bit more serious with my smashing, maybe go to a few tournaments over the summer. I'm the best of my friends, but I've read enough/watched enough videos to understand how little that means.

Anyway, I have a quick question (not really Ike-related) and I didn't really know where to post it: is there a difference between B-reversal and wavebouncing?

Also, if anyone is in the Pittsburgh area, I'm down to play.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Also, if anyone is in the Pittsburgh area, I'm down to play.
You should look up Space Thing and Jimmyfosho, or M@v if he can be corralled into still playing Brawl lol. I think Space Thing and jimmy get together to play, though I have no idea if they do so now during school. There is a pretty decent group of Pittsburgh Melee/Brawl players though.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Breverse is the simple momentum and side you're facing change, while wavebounce will change your trajectory without changing the side you're facing.

Ahenobarbus

Smash Cadet
Breverse is the simple momentum and side you're facing change, while wavebounce will change your trajectory without changing the side you're facing.
So what is the difference in input? And can all chars do both?

You should look up Space Thing and Jimmyfosho, or M@v if he can be corralled into still playing Brawl lol. I think Space Thing and jimmy get together to play, though I have no idea if they do so now during school. There is a pretty decent group of Pittsburgh Melee/Brawl players though.
Thanks. I'm in Philly for spring break now, but I'll look them up when I'm headed back.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So what is the difference in input? And can all chars do both?
Well when you do a wavebounce, you press the B button first and then the direction straight afterwards (say you're trying to wavebounce a neutral B attack, in this case) and it changes your momentum and it also turn you around.

While a B-reverse is when you press back, then let it return to neutral before pressing the B button.

And ussi, you KNOW you're into yandere

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, social groups died a silent death. I havent spoke to the bronies in weeks :( / :)

me and my friend discovered something last night, and I think it needs to be brought to attention, just to highlight how terrible Counter is.

Against ZSS, If Ike counters her D-smash, she can powershield the counter-hit just by holding down shield, and she has enough time to drop the shield and D-smash us ANYWAY.

Top Bottom