• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...I'm not sure I like this new forum style. the 'User CP' link doesn't exist anymore.
What are your guys thoughts?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I don't like how everything is grey and dark and runs together. The running together part seems to be a recurring theme whenever a new layout is made. Is it that hard to make a horizontal rule more than .5 pixels between a post and to find shades of a color that make things pop out more? Not sure if they're actually done yet, so this may all change.

This looks more like a Reddit feed than a string of posts. Also, the User CP options are more or less right in the menu at the top when you click your name.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, I found it now. Still, Would like a way to separate posts but I'm fairly sure xenforo doesnt do that because shoryuken.com is the same :(

Heartstring

Smash Legend
like ALL the posts!
then again, If people like posts instead of just doing a standard 'I agree' post, doesnt that mean that ussi's post-rate is going to decrease?

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
There was Shiharam from path of radiance as well, you know.
Nah, he gave helped to give birth to the wretch known as Jill. Didn't feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for him. Only boss I ever felt something for was *New Mystery of the Emblem spoilers*
Katarina in New Mystery of the Emblem

Edit: HOLY CRAP, THE NEO BLUE SKIN IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER THAN THE DEFAULT.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I felt pretty bad for Shiharam. Not for really any other bosses, but definitely for him.

New Smashboards is lame. And it took like a week of "within next 24 hours" notices to get us here.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I felt pretty bad for Shiharam. Not for really any other bosses, but definitely for him.

New Smashboards is lame. And it took like a week of "within next 24 hours" notices to get us here.
Was to be expected. They should have never EVER gave a set time frame. If anything, should of just kept people informed at what % overall is done, and then when the end was in actual sight, give a ballpark estimate. Least this place wasn't some big name mmo company, or there would of been heads rolling obv. XD

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ah, neo blue is better. thanks BS.
Gonna be weird getting used to non-dark smashboards though after having it dark coloured since i first posted

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
its only smashbook when using the neo blue smashboards skin

also friend lists don't exist anymore here, and i'm not following anymore.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Actually it's better than many of the other alternate themes, I'll live. I found my Brawl USB way at the bottom of my bookbag today, I thought I forgot to bring it with me a month ago.

I need to get a 3DS soon to catch up to speed with some of you.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Well San you're alive...nice to see ya. Also bored I really can't navigate through the new boards. where is the mu chart being discussed at. I have some stuff I need to put up for it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
My brawl disc is starting to fail

Which surprises me cause it shouldn't be scratched or anything since i don't play it much

oh and apparently i could have written a novel by now, (10,000 post trophy)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Well San you're alive...nice to see ya. Also bored I really can't navigate through the new boards. where is the mu chart being discussed at. I have some stuff I need to put up for it.
are we doing a matchup discussion on the boards? or is it just backroom?

Also ryo, Thanks for the advice I got while staying with you, It allowed me to do better in tournament :)
Also ricky talked to me about coming to FL at some point, look forward to coming (hopefully later this year)

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
are we doing a matchup discussion on the boards? or is it just backroom?

Also ryo, Thanks for the advice I got while staying with you, It allowed me to do better in tournament :)
Also ricky talked to me about coming to FL at some point, look forward to coming (hopefully later this year)
Come for the tourneys, stay for the sandy beaches. And your local residential Ike boards roricon of the south XD

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Hey first post here.. I've always wondered but was too lazy to ask, and this is probably not character specific but what the heck

How do you jump towards a platform and just end up on it without landing lag? I often see it as a way of navigating platforms on lylat. Is it possible on other stages too?
How do you run a short distance and stop without a slowdown animation (so you can jab instantly out of a run)? Is it a set distance, or do you have to do an input? Both?

I have a lot to work on and I figure a good place to start is basic movement.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Sen follows the belief "the smaller the chest, the closer you hug to the heart"
Bad intel Ussi, bad intel.
It's: The flatter the chest, the closer they are to your heart.
No hugging at all, even though it can be implied.. amongst other things XD

E: Oh, and 1K posts FINALLY! Now to celebrate this milestone with a round of booze and loli's.... with more emphasis on the loli's, than booze. XD

Top Bottom