• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have analytic chem homework..

I'm like screw it i had a biochem and physical chem exam today and i also was watching cricket world cup (pakistan lost to sir lanka :() and then watching world finals for LoL and every time i rooted for a team they lost. So yea no HW you can be done tomorrow morning

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Had a great day today since the anime club here hosted a Pokemon League event. Was pretty cool because I didn't know how to play competitively and was one of the easier gyms. If you're curious, I was Black Gym so I handled Dark and Ghost (though it was originally all Dark).

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
My homework right now is choosing a video game, and explain/argue about how it would make a good boardgame, and describe simple game mechanics.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah it's pretty sad. Though at least I'm getting "reimbursed" for my sister's friends concert tickets.

No more buying for her though. She's just spoiled beyond belief. When you go 30 school days (not weekends) without repeating an upper garment of clothing, that should tell you something.
I suppose thats something, Although I'm not gonna lie. I initially saw that as 'when you go 30 days without wearing an upper garment of clothing' I nearly fell off my chair. I really need to stop skimming posts
If I ever have a daughter...it will be the end of me.
Raise her right if you do
Like I'm serious, If you raise a whiny brat Im going to have to get a flight just to hit you upside the head. I've had to work with so many spoilt whiny kids when helping at the school I cant take it anymore. Thats one volunteering position I happily left open to someone else (ussi, you're not allowed to take it either)

I have three brothers and no sisters.
By the way...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNA1r5CQSgg

Yay. procrastination tools!

Yeeees but worst timing, LoL world finals and cricket world cup
Now i did fall out of my chair, Americans watch cricket?
On a related note. I wanted to join up for the university american football team. Sadly it happens at the same time as brawl tournaments. so guess thats a no :B
And started kickboxing. The training exercises actually kill the abs. this is gonna be great for my figure

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I thought about mario party but it would really just be turning into a boardgame a videogame which is already 80% boardgame.
Instead I settled for... fire emblem :I

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fire emblem actually is simple enough to actually work as a board game if you take the level system out. Otherwise you are playing some verison of D&D

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Any of the grid-based videogames could work: Advance Wars, Famicom Wars, Fire Emblem, Pokémon Conquest.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Yeah, I took out the lvl system -not like I had to come up with an entire game design anyway... I might think of a way to add it if we're asked to improve our work though.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Simple enough really. Have base stats, have a 14 side die to roll for stat increases during level ups. Exp = Y x (their level / your level) [pick a base value] for kills and exp = Z x (their level / your level) for having a battle and 1 for misses/not attacking

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Practice. Get advice from people that know what they're doing.

I play best on defense, the advice I'd give you there is to always keep yourself between the hoop and the player and don't take giant steps. Using smaller steps lets you keep contain better.

Offensively.... get open. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Start off figuring out how you are gonna shoot the ball. Everyone has their own shooting form, so find yours, find it practical, and stick with it. Try to shoot from your eyebrows or higher.

After that, practice certain "spots" you know that can be useful in a game. Some spots include the corner pocket 3 point shot, up top 3 point shot, and the elbows near the free throw line.

Pass yourself the ball and then shoot the ball. It has a different feel compared to sitting there, adjusting, and then shooting. Though this should be practiced after you do get down taking your time with your shots.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The heck the Ike boards went a day without posting o-o!

So my TV has screwed up as a monitor because my mother left my laptop on but closed the lid to it while it was still connected to the TV. So now I'm stuck at 1280x768 resolution instead of the nice 1600x900 that used to work. Now the TV won't even display at that resolution. Anyone know how to fix that? I can't really find an answer from google when it give different things than what I'm searching for.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I tried that..

Though i think i repluged it before restarting since i can't see my laptop screen. I'll try that out.

I did do turn of my laptop, unplug everything, then plug everything in...

Still doesn't work

The TV will not work for any resolution besides 1260x768 but the Tv reads it as 1360x768 so its shifted over 100 pixels and cut off on the right by 100 pixels

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I tried that..

Though i think i repluged it before restarting since i can't see my laptop screen. I'll try that out.

I did do turn of my laptop, unplug everything, then plug everything in...

Still doesn't work

The TV will not work for any resolution besides 1260x768 but the Tv reads it as 1360x768 so its shifted over 100 pixels and cut off on the right by 100 pixels
nm, read it wrong. TV is upscalling it. Do what bored linked

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Fixed again. You have a faster cooldown, so you can hit it a lot quicker. And it's a true combo.
someone missed the memo :B

My TV is very light. Its not hard to pick up
you guys hear that? thats the sound of the joke going over ussi's head (unless you were doing it on purpose, in which case ignore this. it's difficult to tell with vocal tone)

Speaking of picking people up. It turns out that I seem to be good at attracting brony females. Primarily because of one of the few that isnt socially inept and/or close to round. so out of UK bronies I'm decent XD

This must be similar to the concept of 'you dont have to outrun the bear, you just have to be faster than the slowest member of the part'

Top Bottom