• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Of all the fighters you could have picked. You picked one of the few that DOESN'T use magic series XD
Pretty sure he's refering to the fact that Lucario's moveset in P:M is based off SF shoto moves. Like, his usmash is a shoryuken, his nair is a hurricane kick, aura sphere is already kinda like a hadoken, plus his aura kinda became a Super/Ultra system like what SF uses...

But yea, Lucario's magic-series moves are what makes him OP. I've been able to tell he was an OP character since the moment they added him.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Push buttons. Shield? Grab. Win. Me and a friend already decided that Ike may be top tier, but Lucario is just as good. Best pressure definitely. But this isn't the place to discuss P:M, so I can't say much. I just like my swords.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well he is op as is, but the system itself isnt OP nor is it unbalance-able.
No it's not unbalance-able, but in a game like smash, giving a character (like Lucario) who is already amazing at strings the ability to string things together more efficiently, when other characters struggle to combo at all? That's OP. The only thing currently holding him back is that nobody has bothered to figure him out.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well seeing as his individual moves as of now dont afford a lot of shield stun, if you have the option, a strong up b oos will stuff a lot of lucario's block strings before he can confirm of them for a full combo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Okay good. <3

I need to watch that crew battle. I want to see you get bodied ;B
I wasnt even needed lol, J was on his last stock with me still ready to play and sinth was on his last stock as the last player too. as he was about to win he jumped off and suicided so i could take part XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Badly, there was an annoying *** guy *****ing about MK legality behind me while I tried to play a MU from a side I've never tried before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmVF...l96FvqhPFfQsrb-sf&index=14&feature=plpp_video

Double two stocked.

He was so much better than me at DIing jabs. Aside from one point at the start of game two, I just got stomped at CQC.
Shoulda told the guy to quiet down or move away lol...

And I don't get why any Falco wants to go anywhere near Ike... Camp him to 300%. >_>

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
In theory, that's well and good. In practice, I couldn't keep him from getting in eventually. He was so constantly on point when he was in my face even though he only normally got 15-25, but I couldn't land even an Utilt to save my life when I needed him dead.

Went to Lylat because I had just lost on SVille and I am comfortable with it. It shouldn't compromise your recovery if you aren't a moron. It's a fairly long and low to the ground alternative to PS1 which I didn't want to CP at all. Not the optimal pick, but I needed a fresh look to get out of a losing mindset.

:phone:

zFlashyStyle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
T-Type
I'm getting better with the Jab 1 to Jab 2 thing guyz :D I'm been much faster everytime.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Mr. Doom has convinced me that jab is even better than I thought it was, and I thought it was pretty awesome already. I guess it is now the bee's knees.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Let me get some summoner names so that I can add you peeps. I want to do some PvPs.
Edit: Or my idiot self can just post my summoner name instead of asking for yours.
Gritthescrub

as in Grit the Scrub

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Are you talking about ranked matches or blind picks, or maybe just in general?

Edit: Also, you still haven't added me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'm getting better with the Jab 1 to Jab 2 thing guyz :D I'm been much faster everytime.
Which thing do you mean?

Mr. Doom has convinced me that jab is even better than I thought it was, and I thought it was pretty awesome already. I guess it is now the bee's knees.
its alo the thighs, the shins, the ankles, the feet. **** it, it's the whole damn bee

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Top Bottom