• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Seeing this makes me happy to be going to apex. But for a captain I don't know who to choose.

It's between San, myself, and Nys. It should be fun. But is there anyone else we should play character wise?

:phone:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I dunno why I just figured captain would be San.

I'm thinking sending Nys out first would be a good option. He's good, and could take stocks off a strong starter if they toss us a curveball, but he's not a secret-weapon-in-time-of-need like Ryo and San.

Anyway, you guys better watch some Yoshi vids between now and then. Here's a video of when I didn't respect the match-up as well as I should have. LEARN, because he's an awkward character.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Seeing this makes me happy to be going to apex. But for a captain I don't know who to choose.

It's between San, myself, and Nys. It should be fun. But is there anyone else we should play character wise?

Not that i don't doubt your ability Ryo, its just I think Nys knows all of us the best from being the main critic in the critique thread and running the biweekily.

For characters to play, I'll be asking around. So far its just Mario and Yoshi. But gonna ask other mid tiers as well.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I dunno why I just figured captain would be San.

I'm thinking sending Nys out first would be a good option. He's good, and could take stocks off a strong starter if they toss us a curveball, but he's not a secret-weapon-in-time-of-need like Ryo and San.

Anyway, you guys better watch some Yoshi vids between now and then. Here's a video of when I didn't respect the match-up as well as I should have. LEARN, because he's an awkward character.
I'll tell you this much: I've played many, MANY more Yoshis than I have ICs. >_>

M@v

Subarashii!
Using wifi for mu exp <_<. Playing one in rochester is fine though. If my memory serves me right, that would be sharky correct?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Wanna go to old days? I would play Pride back in the day. *grumbles*

I got recent MU exp too as I showed in the critique thread

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Nope, not Sharky, I honestly cannot remember his tag... I think it was Mario Man or something... All I remember is Mario in his tag ._.

And you can't knock wifi that bad. It's not like I played these people in 3 FPS games and said "Oh, I know this matchup better now."

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Wow, if we're going to venture into old days, i used to go hard against meekspeedy, Kingtoon, Tutu and L-cancel.
Wifi was so fun before mine broke :(
And i personally feel wifi can be used to get a small amount of match EXP, but not enough to be fully useful

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nys should be captain.

Wifi experience can help, but players do operate differently offline. You won't see MK getting away with tornado spam, d-smash offline.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
Yea I do agree now nys should be captain but I think we should really see hat strengths we all have.

Which I think someone said that before...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well if we only challenge characters we beat, whats the fun in that. Oh wait we're even with Mario :troll:

I'm sticking to mid tiers still

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Only at the most recent tournament, at which he decided to go only Peach. He still got 1st.
He also uses her from time to time against ICs.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I'm assuming Sen is still busy doing whatever it is life throws at him. Missed me and Ussi playing some matches, with many lulz had (5card counter lulz).
If it was Youmu dittos and you used Root of Perception, you sir better have did a hard read for that ****. All it really is good for is fun, or somehow ending up with a rainstorm and activating it at the right time. Wish my old replays from older versions would work on newer ones. Had one with a Sakuya player. Match was pretty epic, but meh.

Anywhom, I got called into DCUO for a fortress raid. Getting a lil tired of being the only tank in this league, whom is properly geared for this nonsense.

@Bored: I'm on the USPC servers. Can easily install it onto the PS3 and just level up in about a week on there.

Jam & Ussi: Just let me know ahead of time of when you guys do another weekend fling, lol. Show you how it's done XD
Also Jam, there is a setting in the options to select to always save replays. Be it with NPC's to rage quitted matches, anything you play will more or less then be saved.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
we're playing now sen
eh another time. I'll let you two duke it out and let jam save a few replays that he can just attach the files later on to a message. Tired as hell from barking orders on vent. Swear to god imma take a damn holiday someday soon from that game. Guilt tripping enough as is from the fact if I don't attend these groups. Then everyone else won't get the proper gear for our main goal.

Hate how the leaders beg for my help.

For now I am off to sleep with the waifu and have happy thoughts lol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I shoulda saved when i did flow of the river > ferriage of the deep fog cross up. It was epic and took half of jam's life ahaha

too bad i don't know what spring haze is and just 5a when your dashing at me.

what do you guys think of doing a crew battle vs ROBs?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
what do you guys think of doing a crew battle vs ROBs?
I'd be down for that myself, I don't mind that MU. I find it's similar to DDD, in that you just need to get him off-stage and you can mess him up.

I won't exactly argue against being captain assuming we do it that way, I have played against most (all? Not sure about Ryo and Blubo) of you guys online and seen/critiqued many videos of you. I'm confident I could pick the right Ike for any situation.

:248:

M@v

Subarashii!
If you played robs, you'd probably get a lineup something like this:

chibo
Stingers
holy?(he still has the best rob imo)
mister eric
T0mmy(if he goes)
TV?
Otherwise I dunno.

Top Bottom