• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Surely you will arrive at the venue before the event ends on friday anyway? i would imagine you would get here about 9pm, and i think everone would still be here XD

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Hmm I don't know, the one I'd feel most confident about would be the yoshis I guess, but it's not especially a matter of pride or anything, any one of those would be great :)

@G-P yeah we could theorically be there by 9PM, but I'm not sure of anything; we'd have to check in at the hotel before etc. We should indeed be there at least for a little :)

BY THE WAY, I know this comes EXTREMELY late and off-topic, but since the frenchies only found out TODAY where exactly we'll be staying this week (we arrive friday, and leave saturday, one week later), I'd neverimagine I'd have to ask this... is there any Ike that could house 5 brawlers sunday night? (these 5 brawlers being Leon; Neath, a diddy main; Teluoborg, aka telu, a falcon main; Dueler X, a litteraly insane G&W player, and amazing cook; and myself)

We'll have our hotel room booked for friday and saturday, and apparently one of us found a relative in new york for the rest of the week, but we won't be able to make it from the venue to this place sunday night, and the hotel room isn't available on sunday.

We will offer Dueler's cooking skills and some $$$ as compensation :I

Heartstring

Smash Legend
On SUNDAY?
Jesus christ you guys leave it late
Okay, i have a room that is pretty much going to be full. but i think you could come to my room as ultra emergency but it would be a floor job i reckon XD
But for serious, it you were really stuck for sunday i would fit you in

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Knowing my region, I doubt we'll be staying on Sunday, otherwise some of them are looking for more people for a hotel room.

M@v

Subarashii!
Maybe if more people knew how to DI ike's jab properly it wouldn't be that way, but they don't so your good to go!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I got my first counter on Jam too :D cause i kept getting wrecked by 66A or something so I just waited for it after getting hit by it like 30 times

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Some kids get exposed since their parents don't know better or don't care

Though I've learned the hard way to not really say anything like that in front of my parents when i was young...

I remember the first F bomb i gave. (dunno why I even said it o.O i said it so naturally when i think of it)

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Maybe if more people knew how to DI ike's jab properly it wouldn't be that way, but they don't so your good to go!
DI out and that's a combat walk or utilt.

@Bored: You'd be surprised.
I actually never swore, ever, until after I graduated high school, and even then only in extremely salty cases.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know, I mean I only swear when I get really mad. But it's just...this is why elementary kids are now dating. Back IN MY DAY, that **** was all bout da cooties.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I wonder how kids 10-15 years in the future will like DSs and 360s for presents.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
You know, people REAAALLY underestimate how early language acquisition in kids starts. You can say something to a toddler 6 months before its first words, and it'll probably still remember what you said, and continue to try to replicate it until it learns just how to make all the sounds it needs to.

This is why I laugh at anyone who swears around a baby and says, "Oh it's fine, that baby doesn't know how to talk yet."
Of course it can't talk. But it heard what you said and if you use it in context one or two more times, it'll come up with a meaning for that word and think it's just a normal word.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't really swear at all because I don't feel like living a double life of changing how i talk for someone else (for now it was cause of my parents)

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Since we're all on the subject, I do swear, but not profusely. It's either when something goes wrong or I'm messing around or joking.
I actually try to swear less when I'm really angry to show I'm being for real.
Excessive cussing is just monotonous, un-classy, and something I generally associate with people who aren't that bright.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I know, I mean I only swear when I get really mad. But it's just...this is why elementary kids are now dating. Back IN MY DAY, that **** was all bout da cooties.
Lol cooties, for some reasons we never had anything like that sorta of phobia grace my school. Which is why the cooties episode from dexters lab confused me to hell and back i suppose

Since we're all on the subject, I do swear, but not profusely. It's either when something goes wrong or I'm messing around or joking.
I actually try to swear less when I'm really angry to show I'm being for real.
Excessive cussing is just monotonous, un-classy, and something I generally associate with people who aren't that bright.
Yeah, i suppose it is something you would associate the labourmen with. In my curernt work enviroment you feel like having a heart attack when you DON'T hear someone swearing in a sentence
As such, the talking habits kinda brushed off onto me and i end up swearing constantly, it stops being a part of me by sunday, but then I'm at work again and..yeah

Also, happy b-day slaps

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
The funny thing is, this isn't even a bad stereotype, it's absolutely true in a lot of cases. I worked with a company putting up shelving in new stores for more than two years, and I met a ton of contractors while doing so. Every single one of them - and I literally mean every single one, no exaggeration - swore at least every four words that came out of their mouth... sometimes every second word.

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Dunno why, but I took a nap and just had a dream where Ussi and Brett visited me. Y U IN MY DREAMS?!
Wait whoa, you've got to be kidding me. No joke, last night I had a dream that I was at a pre-Apex smashfest for like the whole world or something, and Brett and Ussi were the only other Ike mains there...

Inception much?

:248:

Top Bottom