• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't have a virtual wife....

I haven't downloaded kotomi's married life VN yet. i'm waiting for Tomoyo's after story english patch to come out.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
...virtual wife? Someone actually made such a thing?
Whoever did was a genius, his money smells of basement dweller though

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I got 7th out of ~60! I got 1st in my pool, beat some really good players and ended up losing to a marth I play quite often (went pit against him, maybe I should have trusted my ike 'till the end)

Really proud atm.

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Good Job blubo! EU Ike hype

Try Ike next time cause I think both Pit and Ike lose -1. Just learn to stay on stage with Ike as Marth has a strong edgeguarding game vs Ike

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Stop talking as if you think i'm doing this
I didnt say you were, i was talking directly to the people of japan XD

I got 7th out of ~60! I got 1st in my pool, beat some really good players and ended up losing to a marth I play quite often (went pit against him, maybe I should have trusted my ike 'till the end)

Really proud atm.

:phone:
Congrats man. Thats seriously impressive to do with ike!
looks like i have a lot of work to do to even consider myself a threat for best eu ike :(

RiverDB

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RiVerDB
I heard Rydle gave up MK cause he did better with mk
Seems legit.
But seriously, Rydle did kind of gave up on MK because he does better with Ike, even though he sometimes uses MK(Last time was vs Death_Alex, who he lost to in tourney and later beat in a MM with Ike)

GP's stalker, out.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
I heard Rydle gave up MK cause he did better with mk
Resisting the power of the scrub character XD

Anywhom; I am officially not going to Kansas now it seems. Someone in the family decided to get their license taken away. All I know is she was in a holding cell and something about drugs once again, not sure if it was the friend or her this time, but I can kiss my shot at going with the old man to Kansas goodbye. Mostly because guess who has to drive her to work now, Numero Uno. Least it isn't to a school this time.

Sorry Mr. Doom, but I failed you

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would use other characters if they did better than my Ike but they don't.

M@v

Subarashii!
Congrats for beating me in bracket Berserker. You deserved it. You can bet I won't let you make the count between us go from 2-1 to 2-2 easily though. Until we meet in bracket next time, Melon and I shall continue meat riding the hell out of you :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
wtf I got a whole page as an ad just now on smashboards -____-;; when did they add that? (using a public computer, so no ad block on)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Haha thanks guys :D
Sadly there will be no vids of me. I kind of wish I had saved my set vs Myollnir, an ICs/PT main, but I was so stressed I didn't even think about it :/

@Ussi I'm hyped to play you as well. All of you guys, actually.
I don't think there's a tourney thread on swf; I managed to get my hands on the brackets though
http://img75.xooimage.com/files/0/8/1/mu8-2fce7ba.gif

@BS Good stuff!

Seem like this week-end was a good one for our character. I went to yet another, smaller tourney, this sunday. I got 5th out of ~25, losing to a DK (I definitly could have beaten him, but I think I took him lightly and it proved to be fatal) and Acid (him again).
I also got 2nd in teams at this tourney. I'll try to find the brackets for this one too.

And yeah, MK is a problem for me too... None of my characters/secondary make the cut against good MKs, and I still can't beat them with Ike :/ I'm working on it and training in the mu but apex might be painful on this regard.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Blubo, you beat Myo? So you beat the ICs Leon had to go Peach on. I wanna see vids.

MK is impossible for Ike :|, but he's banned next ye- oh right you're in EU..

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I don't think he's impossible, he just takes way too much more thought than there should be for a video game. After a while, it's just draining my mental capacity. When I played TO Joe in winners without trying to come up with some decent plan to attack, I got wrecked. Did a whole lot better in losers, but that had to come after having played another MK @.@

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Seems legit.
But seriously, Rydle did kind of gave up on MK because he does better with Ike, even though he sometimes uses MK(Last time was vs Death_Alex, who he lost to in tourney and later beat in a MM with Ike)

GP's stalker, out.
Oh wow, i have a stalker!

Haha thanks guys :D
Sadly there will be no vids of me. I kind of wish I had saved my set vs Myollnir, an ICs/PT main, but I was so stressed I didn't even think about it :/

@Ussi I'm hyped to play you as well. All of you guys, actually.
I don't think there's a tourney thread on swf; I managed to get my hands on the brackets though
http://img75.xooimage.com/files/0/8/1/mu8-2fce7ba.gif

@BS Good stuff!

Seem like this week-end was a good one for our character. I went to yet another, smaller tourney, this sunday. I got 5th out of ~25, losing to a DK (I definitly could have beaten him, but I think I took him lightly and it proved to be fatal) and Acid (him again).
I also got 2nd in teams at this tourney. I'll try to find the brackets for this one too.

And yeah, MK is a problem for me too... None of my characters/secondary make the cut against good MKs, and I still can't beat them with Ike :/ I'm working on it and training in the mu but apex might be painful on this regard.
My god, so many tournaments! we have like, maximum of 4 a year.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I don't think he's impossible, he just takes way too much more thought than there should be for a video game. After a while, it's just draining my mental capacity. When I played TO Joe in winners without trying to come up with some decent plan to attack, I got wrecked. Did a whole lot better in losers, but that had to come after having played another MK @.@
No its impossible. bet you TO Joe just doesn't know the MU so he doesn't exploit Ike's flaws like MK can.

Where the heck did you...
oh, whatever.
Foodies is a metriod junior

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
MK is bad, but not as bad as you're making it sound Ussi. You have to play a lot of keepaway.

Utilizing jab2 is a large niche in handling the MU I think.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
jab 2 spaced is amazing. How hard is it to punish a spaced jab 2?
It's hard. I've yet to get punished for a spaced jab2....Catch is that rather than moving away after the jab2 i have a god-forsaken habit of doing the final hit instead and getting punished for that

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Jab2 is just about as fast as jab1 with a lot more range. It just has less combo ability but that makes up for leading into jab3 anyways (and jab1 if close enough and buffered properly but unlikely when spaced).

Thing about jab 2 is that there are many variations to using it, since it comes after the first jab and there are some hit confirmations to keep track of.

Uses of Jab2:

-Punishes short hops
-trades/clanks with everything
-jab1/3 followups
-very good if well timed after hitting with jab1

Getting jab2 to come out:

Unless you hit someone, you have to time jab2 manually for it to come out faster, otherwise jab2 will come out a little later. If you don't jab cancel, you can get jab2 to come out pretty late in the animation of jab1.

Spacing with jab1 will let you know when jab2 is okay. Don't jab2 shields unless the tip of the kick would hit the shield. If you think the opponent will dash, jump, or if you can pressure shield/shieldpoke, it is okay to throw out.

Followups after jab1:

Jab1 has a lot more combo potential. Since jab1 combos into itself, you know you have much more time to choose when to throw out jab2.

Delayed jab2 after jab1 keeps them in your jab range longer. If you delay it a few frames after it really combos, you can take away an opponent's jump, which then makes them a punching bag.

If someone dodges your jab2 after you hit them with jab1, be cautious because both of you would essentially be in a neutral position at that point.

If jab1 misses:

Be on the lookout for whether you should jab1 again (spaced on shield or enemy far away), shield, dash away, or retreating aerial in addition to jab2. Jab2 is wise against opponents who like to dash, SH aerial, and jump out of shield preemptively.

If jab2 misses:

This is a little harder than the above. Jab2 has a little bit more lag. You can hold A to revert back to jab1 with a small combat walk. You can also perform any of the defensive options described above.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
TO Joe did gimp me with Dairs galore on my first stock. He does know what he's doing. He did say he specifically doesn't know the Ike MU, but he wasn't just going willy-nilly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jab2 is just about as fast as jab1 with a lot more range. It just has less combo ability but that makes up for leading into jab3 anyways (and jab1 if close enough and buffered properly but unlikely when spaced).

Thing about jab 2 is that there are many variations to using it, since it comes after the first jab and there are some hit confirmations to keep track of.

Uses of Jab2:

-Punishes short hops
-trades/clanks with everything
-jab1/3 followups
-very good if well timed after hitting with jab1

Getting jab2 to come out:

Unless you hit someone, you have to time jab2 manually for it to come out faster, otherwise jab2 will come out a little later. If you don't jab cancel, you can get jab2 to come out pretty late in the animation of jab1.

Spacing with jab1 will let you know when jab2 is okay. Don't jab2 shields unless the tip of the kick would hit the shield. If you think the opponent will dash, jump, or if you can pressure shield/shieldpoke, it is okay to throw out.

Followups after jab1:

Jab1 has a lot more combo potential. Since jab1 combos into itself, you know you have much more time to choose when to throw out jab2.

Delayed jab2 after jab1 keeps them in your jab range longer. If you delay it a few frames after it really combos, you can take away an opponent's jump, which then makes them a punching bag.

If someone dodges your jab2 after you hit them with jab1, be cautious because both of you would essentially be in a neutral position at that point.

If jab1 misses:

Be on the lookout for whether you should jab1 again (spaced on shield or enemy far away), shield, dash away, or retreating aerial in addition to jab2. Jab2 is wise against opponents who like to dash, SH aerial, and jump out of shield preemptively.

If jab2 misses:

This is a little harder than the above. Jab2 has a little bit more lag. You can hold A to revert back to jab1 with a small combat walk. You can also perform any of the defensive options described above.
this is going into the Ike guide right now

Top Bottom