• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
law, the ike guide is going to be huge!
Also, i jsut asked the sawnic people about a crew MM. Hope you guys can deal with the speed ^^

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I am here to...ask if the Ikes want to team with the DDDs for the upcoming Revolution after Apex. Together we can D-Throw > F-Smash our way to the top.

:dedede:

M@v

Subarashii!
Berserker, if you want to, I can post up the set between you and joe in losers once I upload it, and we can see how much the ikes can help out with. :)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
So during my set with Myollnir, we played the two ike-ics match on battlefield. I started to platform camp and he proceeded to Uair me to no end.

I then tried something I had on my mind about this configuration, which is eruption. I super-armored his Uair and launched him in the air, where I was able to juggle. Obviously it's a risky bet, if he knew what I was going for he could've airdodged>grab; better used occasionally. But eruption sends ics at a much better angle than Fair, a more conventional anti-platform sharking move, would have.

And I don't know about jab2, everytime I jab2 MK's shield I just get UpB oos. Though I don't think I've ever tried it at maximum range.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
How many times did you land eruption o.O?

I am here to...ask if the Ikes want to team with the DDDs for the upcoming Revolution after Apex. Together we can D-Throw > F-Smash our way to the top
Aren't two chars both slow and have mediocre recoveries gonna get wrecked?

It'd work better at double Ike since it won't matter where he grabs as both f/bthrow lead to f/usmash and the throws send the person farther.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Twice in these circumstances, I think (I didn't do it more than that). 2 other times as edgeguard in this set, against his SideB recovery (not counting the 2 fully charged eruptions on brinstar and CS, in pools xD )

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If it works, it works lol.

I want to try to use eruption sometimes but it's too laggy for me to find too many uses other than aerial edgeguarding.

Edit: although that eruption thing did remind me of a time I killed a marth who tried to ledgedrop fair but hit the superarmor during eruption, then got hit. Shieldpush punish would be easier though.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Oh cool. Sadly the only one of those i would look forward to is the R.O.B matchup
Oh yeah, only a few weeks till apex, looks like i need to go and learn how to powershield again

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I set my Y button to shield for PSing and teching, instead of removing the springs from R/L. Still getting used to tapping Y so much, but it definitely feels easier without the spring resistance.

:248:

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I might have to take the spring out then. But the controller feels so SMALL if i do!
I have to spend a good fortnight re-teaching myself how to do things in this game every time i go to a tournament. Where's my muscle memory at?
Actually i now have 2 controllers. I can experiment freely!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Important muscle memory:

Pivot jab OoS (7 frame buffer window)
Pivot jab in general
Bthrow > dash attack
Retreating bair

Then is just knowing buffer windows I guess

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah I have that stuff down normally. I apparently suffer from nerves a LOT though, I'll do it fine early on in tournament, Then when it gets down the wire it all goes **** up :(
So yeah, gotta work on those nerves. Strange, i never used to suffer from nerves untill about a year and a half ago. Where everything involving pressure suddenly went downhill, Golf, College, Smash...
I dunno, I'll get it sorted eventually

Also another point for everyone: Dont ever drink lager and vodka together. It creates the world most painful hangover in the morning.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Or you can not drink at all

Nerves is something youvjust need experience to get over
Yeah thats my usual plan. But i like the fact that it makes social awkwardness dissolve

And i know. but i always used to thrive off it rather than fail. Which is extremely odd

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So I think after I have my music degree, I'm going to train to be a radiologic technologist.
Just have to figure out where and how that will work out.

The outlook of graduating with only a liberal arts degree just gets darker and darker.......

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I only was 2nd for one week when none of the good Ikes was there.

Last season i was like 7th or something

Also, friendly set ups might be limited, i'm gonna bring my own wii and perhaps we can play in someone's hotel room.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Important muscle memory:

Pivot jab OoS (7 frame buffer window)
Pivot jab in general
Bthrow > dash attack
Retreating bair

Then is just knowing buffer windows I guess
Curious, how exactly do you pivot jab from a standing position? (input timing, etc.)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Curious, how exactly do you pivot jab from a standing position? (input timing, etc.)
Assuming that you're facing right, you sort of input your control stick halfway left and then bring the control stick back to neutral and Press A to jab. Do all of this within the 7 frame window, it sounds difficult but it isnt too hard to get down really

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Ah wow, this IS easy. I feel a bit dumb for asking now. ^^;
Thank you!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
buffer a turnaround, so first get used to just input a turnaround. Once you get used to that input, input it then quickly control stick back to neutral position so its not a ftilt. Its hard to do it instantly just standing, buts its possible to buffer it OoS and after other moves (ie jab cancel the other direction)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Also, if you're using the a-stick you can press left on the control stick and right on the A-stick to get the same effect, the catch is that is you mess up with the a stick you get an ftilt instead of a DA. not really a bonus or a curse, both arent great things to get instead of jab XD

Top Bottom