• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Spot dodge can also be dash attack punished, which is more likely, because in that case, you're still reacting to D3 running toward you. I dunno, I just got out of the habit of spot dodging because it seems like D3s are always prepared for or expecting that.

Jab can get around each situation, the only downside being the possibility of grab armor.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I dunno...only time I anticipate a D3 to dash attack me is when I'm on the edge compared to the middle of the stage =/.

Though it would suck if they ran past us and started a CG back to the other side.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Maybe DDD's cg failed because his dthrow was that staled? I think it has this effect on some characters, DDD needs to pummel so that he can keep CGing.
I sometimes input an Ftilt during his cg. If he messes up, it's fast enough to hit him before he recovers, and if he tries anything brutal (dash attack fsmash etc) it'll hit him before.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
D3's too slow to run past you and CG you to the other side. Your reaction time has to be horrid, or maybe you just weren't paying attention, if D3 is able to run behind you and start the CG all over again.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I've definitely tried rolling, and I've become accustomed to Jabbing from the CG. If you roll toward, he can Utilt, Bair is also prime choice if you aren't close enough to take Utilt. I don't think rolling away is foolproof, but I can't think of much right now. Attempting to sidestep is pretty predictable.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dang, new thread got closed before I could reduce it to spam.

Gotta make up for it and get my once-per-non-specific-amount-of-time spam/double post infraction point.

inb4Craysyngivesme5pointsforthehellofit

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
If New York Shark sees this and decides to infract you for it, then he should also review my modded doom levels.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Been busy with work and P90X if y'all wanted to know. Fun workout stuff. I feel a little different but not so much that people can notice, I'm sure. Got into playing Pokemon Trading Card Game online thanks to my IRL friend Ryan. It got pretty addicting. Anyways, back to being a ghost.

Oh and on the more relevant note about D3, I just try to space hard with fair if the D3 grabs a LOT and keep with backing-away nairs and jab cancels. Haven't played professionals though, so yea.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oya guys (i think it was being talked about on here) whats he name of the workout regime which is meant to tone the torso relatively quickly? im not fat enough to use the fat burning training XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
If New York Shark sees this and decides to infract you for it, then he should also review my modded doom levels.
He might be a bit less busier if he gives up his mod-status to a certain someone :troll:

Been busy with work and P90X if y'all wanted to know. Fun workout stuff. I feel a little different but not so much that people can notice, I'm sure. Got into playing Pokemon Trading Card Game online thanks to my IRL friend Ryan. It got pretty addicting. Anyways, back to being a ghost.

Oh and on the more relevant note about D3, I just try to space hard with fair if the D3 grabs a LOT and keep with backing-away nairs and jab cancels. Haven't played professionals though, so yea.
Your eating habits matter a lot too. Diet is about 60% of what you need to do to get your results.

oya guys (i think it was being talked about on here) whats he name of the workout regime which is meant to tone the torso relatively quickly? im not fat enough to use the fat burning training XD
Why would you want to "tone" the torso and nothing else? That's ugly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Tone body: run a lot

Build body size: weight lift light weights but a lot (3 sets of 8-12 reps)

build body strength: weight lift heavy weights but a little (3-5 sets of 5 reps)

don't forget to stretch

Heartstring

Smash Legend
fine then: to tone the upper body, i know there was a deep as hell discussion on this thread a while back, called the insanity workout or something stupid

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah but then theres no viewable objective, which means i stop donig it after a week or so. gone through that many times xd

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Tone body: run a lot
Only half true. You still gotta hit the weight room hard to "tone" your body. Otherwise, your body is just skin, bones, and weak muscles. Sprinters like Usain Bolt hit the weight room just as much as distance runners.

Also, your diet needs to be healthy as well. You ain't gonna get **** done if you go to McDonalds after a good workout or run. Yeah your muscles are sore and need protein for rebuilding, but there's a big difference between getting protein from a greasy burger and lean white meat. You might still progress with your weights, but you'll end up with a lot of fat+lack of blood flow for your body.

If you're gonna eat fats, stick with fish and nuts.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I usually eat eggs before (3+ hours) my work out, and probably a protein meal bar (2 hours or so), then I eat nuts afterwards (when i get home)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's better to get a meal that will give your body energy rather than eating just protein. Carbs and Vitamins preferred. Boiled eggs are definitely a great choice.

Of course, don't overdo it, otherwise you're gonna throw up if you go hard in your workout.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i agree completely. btu ******* hell, i thought i was the only ike main of a reasonable standard in europe. and this guy turns up XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
This warrants its own post despite my double post

Moment everyone has been waiting for:

[collapse="Ussi and his beard"]

[/collapse]

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183