• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

I was watching san vs malcolm and noticed on the smashville game he doesn't pummel cause he wants the air release and malcolm just waits for the platform to save him. Just start pummeling them. They might panic and start mashing and then you just stop pummeling to get your kill move. If they don't mash cause they are smart refresh your moves and tack on some damage. Just something to think about.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Air release onto the platform->Platform cancel grab gets people sometimes. Not that you'd aim for it, but in the event the platform does eliminate the guaranteed follow-up.

shouldn't really ever attempt to air release on SV unless low %
I assume you say this because they wait for the platform to come save them and thus we get no punish. Which is why I said pummel and make them choose their poison. Say you are wario and i've grabbed you and you are waiting for the platform to save you. I start pummeling. What is your initial reaction going to be. Most people will start mashing to get out. That's when you stop and let them have the bair, utilt or ftilt that they deserve. Otherwise they sit there get pummeled and get thrown and eat even more damage. Just listen or even look at what they are doing. I don't see a down side to this.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Finally started on FE5 since I finished FE3.

I'm on chapter 4. So far, 90% of the playable units are GARBAGE holy ****.
The worst part is that the top tier units are separated from Leaf atm. :l
Yeah, you'll find that most of the pre-FE6 games have a TON of garbage units. Like, not even "hey this guy is usable...I guess?" but like "I make FE7 Marcus look good" stuff.

Leaf is pretty cool, though. None of the lords are ever "bad" but they're all a far cry from Hector or Ike.

Also hihi guys.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Crap, I fell asleep, is he still here?
Gotta catch the Snorlax, not BE the Snorlax.

I think you mean pre-FE7.
FE6, while having a larger chunk of "bad" units compared to the more recent ones, still doesn't come close to what the FEs before it had. FE6 has some really bad units, some good ones, some REALLY good ones but, for the most part, 70% of FE6's units are just mediocre. Some will get better in the long run (Roy + Sword of Seals, for example) but others (Ward and Lot come to mind) never achieve what you'd like them to.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Is it possible to use bad units in FE5 or will you fail before finishing?
It's possible to use the bad units in any FE but at some point you'll have to simply rely on the luck of the draw. I would much rather use the good units, haha.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I still find it completely baffling that the character with some of the best avoid in the entire series has the worst stat growth of any "regular" character in a stat her class NEEDS.
Talking about Clarine if you don't know.

And just because: MASTER BALL GO!

*holds A+B+Down*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
It's possible to use the bad units in any FE but at some point you'll have to simply rely on the luck of the draw. I would much rather use the good units, haha.
Well i've never played fe5, so i' just gonna use whoever when i play it.. So.. I'm gonna use crappy people cause i didn't know..

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I saw the word pirate and Ilia and I immediately knew one of the characters.

Also, I'm an Applied Mathematics major. Wanna be an actuary with this. Okay guys, thanks for calming me down a bit. I guess I just have to pay a bit more attention to my Comp Sci and Philosophy classes as well. I have an Astronomy quiz tomorrow and most of what we've been learning I already learned in high school Physics.

EDIT: The Master Ball can fail (with the exception of Ghost)?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I managed to catch Lugia in a Premier Ball, was so happy. If I ever experience anything similar to that, Bored, I may have reasonable cause to throw my tea table at my console.

:phone:

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I actually roomed with an actuary major, tests are HUGE in that field. Passing P exam takes a LOT of studying according to my roommate, though he managed to party quite a lot and still passed it. Where are you going to college jam by the way?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Actually, isn't there like a 1 in 65536 chance a master ball DOESN'T work?
^ I was gonna say, I specifically remember tossing my master ball at Mewto once only for him to break out. Worst day of my life.
A Pokémon has to have a catch rate of less than 3 in order for the Master Ball to possibly fail. There aren't any species with a catch rate of less than 3. Maybe in the older generation games, I'm not sure, but definitely not since Gen III.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
The Master Ball will absolutely work against anything with the sole exception of the Ghost Marowak in Lavender Tower.

As a general rule I always give myself 999 Master Balls at the start of any Pokemon adventure, just in case a shiny pops up. I actually have a funny story about early-game shinies, though. The only shiny that I've ever caught (not including the Red Gyarados) has been a Pidgey that I saw immediately after being handed 5 Pokeballs in Heart Gold. I was literally about to shut off my DS as I was ****ing tired of Pidgeys and Sentrets but was so glad I didn't.

Not that I have any use whatsoever for a Modest (+Sp. Atk, - Atk) Pidgey but you know what? Pidgeot is ****ing awesome.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I actually roomed with an actuary major, tests are HUGE in that field. Passing P exam takes a LOT of studying according to my roommate, though he managed to party quite a lot and still passed it. Where are you going to college jam by the way?
I have heard of it being demanding. And I'm at Stony Brook University. Why do you ask?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i could only flop in the old games. after gen 3 all pokemon were catachable.
except ghost marowak and-of course-other peoples pokeymans

also, i learnt more about actuaries from a crappy disney cartoon in the space of a minute then my uncle (who is an actuary) telling me what he does for a few hours. strange

theeboredone

Smash Legend
i could only flop in the old games. after gen 3 all pokemon were catachable.
except ghost marowak and-of course-other peoples pokeymans

also, i learnt more about actuaries from a crappy disney cartoon in the space of a minute then my uncle (who is an actuary) telling me what he does for a few hours. strange
Maybe because one is easier to understand over the other?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah but the cartoon was obviously trying to make it sound alienated at possible (was under the guise of the old 'bring dad to work' thing, does america actually do that?) so its odd

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering if you went to college in PA, more specifically western PA. I'm sick of being one of only 2 Ike mains, (the other being Colaya, who I only have played friendlies with at tournaments) that lives in the area. I really want to get hands on experience learning from an Ike offline. My first meeting with Colaya helped me a ton.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So i found a club of casuals at my college and started playing in some FFAs and played Marth, it is so fun o.o so easy to space when people aren't good xD

Top Bottom