• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I've done my own research: Israel is in the right, it just gets slammed by most left-wing media. It's going to take a lot more than one person's book to change my mind.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd be interested in reading some of this research if you can link me sometime.
Various bits of research, both online and antidotal, over several years?

That would be fun. >_> Also, I highly suspect that our different religions would come up in this as well, and that always has the potential to get ugly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ussi 2000
theeboredone 1,553
Golden-psyco 876
san. 849
Teh Brettster 761
Berserker Swordsman 682
jamlosingthegame 586
Nysyarc 580
Senliten 509
Mr. Doom 471

Oh hey, i'm awesome

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not even putting much forth a religious concept into who should get what in regards to the Israeli and Palestine debate. I'm all for the 2 state solution, but I find it humorous that...since its proposal 50+ years ago...the two countries to clearly reject it every single time are the US and Israel. Aside from some minority Middle East countries (like Libya), even the Arab countries + Europe are for it. If you believe in things in relation to Zionists...well it definitely adds more justification to it I suppose.

Ussi, I quit trying to compete about that post count ever since I was the first to get 1000.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm just happy i hit 2k

I've barely hit 1k at the pika social and that's been around foreveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

also lol i hit 2k before anyone else hit 1k

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Berserker definitely wins some concentrated posting award though, I mean, at 682 out of 813 posts here, and with 20+ on the hope 4 hype thread, and 10+ on the PA rankings, he sure sticks with the few threads he bothers to post on at all.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
You can raise units that will be better than her without all of the work. Innes is not that good either, so being better than that isn't saying much. You want good 2-range? Just use one of the really good Paladins with a Javelin/Spear.
I guess you're right about Javelin/Spear, but the Spear comes around once in a while. You gotta have that sniper to take on those flying enemies anyway. I used her a ton, but that's just me.

Umm, what? Franz is the best Cavalier you get. He'll have great Str and Spd for doubling, decent Def and great HP for durability... And you get him early on and he's around all the time. He's the exact opposite of blowing.
I haven't played this game in a long time and forgot about him. lol you're right he does end up being better than Seth.

You can get about 4-5 Lockpicks before Colm even promotes (a couple more after he promotes, but he won't be able to steal one of them). This doesn't even include the Secret Shop. There are not more than maybe 50-60 chests in the game not including the tower, and how often do you need to open doors with the Lockpick rather than the 2014901950 Door Keys you get? Your Paladins will reach doors before Colm will especially if he's going another route to get treasure, so they should open doors later on. I've been through this game several times and still had a couple of Lockpicks left for post-game.
It seemed difficult because of the numerous enemies that came about and having everyone split up in groups. It ended up with the doors and chests being on one side of the map, and the enemies with keys on the other. That being said, you're right about the 01978034789 door keys, but at the same time if you're supply got full(which it did a lot for me), you'd be getting rid of them to make space for better weapons/items. But like I said before, I haven't played this game in a long time and your way of playing seems to make sense.

And you can get 2 Rogues in Colm and Rennac, but Rennac sucks beyond his Rogue abilities soooo... And yeah, you don't need 3 Swordsmasters, that's why you use Joshua and bench the rest. >_>
Again, forgot about people. haha Yea Rennec doesn't have much area to gain like Colm did, and why bench the rest? Marisa rules. :(

Sorry if it seems like my talking tends to not flow well together. I type and think at the same time, so I might go off-track. <_<

Ussi 2000
theeboredone 1,553
Golden-psyco 876
san. 849
Teh Brettster 761
Berserker Swordsman 682
benaji261! 681
jamlosingthegame 586
Nysyarc 580
Senliten 509
Mr. Doom 471

Oh hey, i'm awesome
Fixed.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Berserker definitely wins some concentrated posting award though, I mean, at 682 out of 813 posts here, and with 20+ on the hope 4 hype thread, and 10+ on the PA rankings, he sure sticks with the few threads he bothers to post on at all.
I really should post on other character boards since I play so many characters.... too lazy.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im pretty sure everywhere international would like mk to be banned anyway, i know many places that have already banned him

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'm not even putting much forth a religious concept into who should get what in regards to the Israeli and Palestine debate. I'm all for the 2 state solution, but I find it humorous that...since its proposal 50+ years ago...the two countries to clearly reject it every single time are the US and Israel. Aside from some minority Middle East countries (like Libya), even the Arab countries + Europe are for it. If you believe in things in relation to Zionists...well it definitely adds more justification to it I suppose.
From antidotal research: Israelis and Palestines were both offered part of that area at the start. Israel said sure, they just wanted a land so the Holocaust couldn't happen again. Palestines said no, banking on the neighboring countries destroying Israel and giving them the land. Surprise, Six-Day War happened, other countries got spank'd.

They had their chance, they gambled, they lost. Giving Palestine the land wouldn't fix things either: war would still happen. That area is just too hostile against Israel, and that country knows it.

---

Is that MK poll finished? I haven't checked in a while.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Niddo, I don't think antidotal is a word...did you mean anecdotal?

And that's rather amusing cause all the research I've found says the opposite of what you mentioned.

Then again, I try not to take anything from US news sources seriously. They are always hiding this or that.

And for you Pokemon lovers...have you caught this one in your games?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think the poll is still going on, otherwise the results would have been released or something.

@Bored I hope she doesn't use explosion, that'd be a nasty scene

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Niddo, I don't think antidotal is a word...did you mean anecdotal?

And that's rather amusing cause all the research I've found says the opposite of what you mentioned.

Then again, I try not to take anything from US news sources seriously. They are always hiding this or that.
Probably, though antidotal shows up as a word according to my spellchecker. Apparently, that is a form of the word "antidote". *shrugs*

And I got that from my History teacher. He was British (meaning not from an American source) if that changes anything. lol

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Finally started on FE5 since I finished FE3.

I'm on chapter 4. So far, 90% of the playable units are GARBAGE holy ****.
The worst part is that the top tier units are separated from Leaf atm. :l

Top Bottom