• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you don't grind in FE at all! FE8 has grinding which killed the difficulty (along with the LOL no speed on enemies)

Radiant Dawn isn't as hard as hector hard mode :x

You are REQUIRED to have paladins and/or fliers for HHM just for chapter 27/28 (the one where you save the prince)

I keep pulling my hair out for that chapter. Maybe I'm trying too hard, but I keep going for the kill on Ursula (which isn't even the hard part for me, its the same mercenaries reaching the Prince and one rounding him)

I'm about to drop Raven and use Harken just for his better defenses and B in axes.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Never had that much problem with HHM... I guess it's harder than RD in hard mode though (only the Dawn Brigade part obviously)

i didnt' know seth was good O.o i thought he was just another Jegan

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm having a harder time with HHM because I usually blitzkrieg my way through. This mode, I still try to rush but carefully with so many healers.

I played a HNM just a few days ago just to relieve myself, and my god is too easy just rushing everything with Florina and Lowen

People just leveling up so fast, my god once you do HHM, everything else becomes cake.

Seth is good, he has really good growths, you are just "supposed" to ignore him then use him when everyone catches up to him.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
fe8=radiant dawn?

also, surely you need to grind otherwise you end up getting handled in the later chapters, really annoying stuff

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
fe8 = easiest FE in history of FE, sacred stones.

fe10 = radiant dawn

fe7 = blazing sword, or just plain Fire Emblem as it had no sub-title in America/Europe

Its not necessary to grind in Radiant Dawn, there is a guy who hacked the game have 0% growth rates so he was only using base values to clear the game.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Rather extreme example that Ussi gave, but yeah, there isn't really grinding in most FE games. You can clear these games with just 2-3 of the elite characters (usually your main character and a couple of the starting characters you get are complete beasts).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
But what does exist in FE is babying units so they get the experience instead of using units who can take care of themselves from the start(Nino for example)

I baby some units out of favoritism though so yea, its exists in everyone

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i see, i had to grind my *** off in shadow dragon, and even then its nigh impossible for some units to survive a few turns on the final level

Heartstring

Smash Legend
its good. for me, FE is one of those games that is perfect for handhelds, console versions just dont hold my interest long enough, shadow dragon helped me survive a 24 hour bus journey across mainland europe, so i thank it for that XD
it also shows marth not being a ***. they butchered his character style so hard in smash XD

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Shadow Dragon had a strange character library: similar to Roy's game in that there are so many garbage units, but also niche units that literally serve their purpose for 1-2 chapters ahead from when they join and become obsolete again. But I found the game really boring after a while since you have to play it safe so much (courtesy of the oldschool dodge formula). I doubt you'd be able to blitzkrieg through this game since dodging is more or less nonexistent.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I dont rely on dodge, i rely on their low damage.. Archers just do 10 damage to Florina in chapter 16

Granted she was rng blessed in lyn mode, to the point i've saved it forever, 11 str at level 8, hell yea!

I've been 1% crit too much to rely on dodge

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Oh... I thought you just abused the fact that all enemies that aren't bosses have the worst accuracy ever lol. And if it's 1% crits that get you, you definitely don't want to play either of the DS remakes lol. RNG in those games are just...ugh.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I really disliked shadow dragon, and the main reason was probably the fact that swordmasters didn't have any bonus in critic... what's up with that? I'm a sucker for swordmasters, that was a low blow.

I won't even start on the scenario, which doesn't deserve such a name, really.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I really disliked shadow dragon, and the main reason was probably the fact that swordmasters didn't have any bonus in critic... what's up with that? I'm a sucker for swordmasters, that was a low blow.

I won't even start on the scenario, which doesn't deserve such a name, really.
It was made before they decided to give them a crit increase, so technically its not a low blow, more a blast from the past XD
also, just give them a killing edge, or a fei-wu sword for almost 100% crit

Its good practice for playing Ike!

Just A-A-A... For all battles

Then use a pure wish when need be
I laughed
shame i need to get out of the habit of not jab cancelling XD

I never said Tofer was the only gay guy in the pony thread, lol. I'm bi.

Fixed. And yep.
makes sense, theres a whole lot of homo going on in there
...umm, im kinda new to this political correctness thing. racist family and all that XD i olny just learnt that calling an asian person a chink was racist :L

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
makes sense, theres a whole lot of homo going on in there
...umm, im kinda new to this political correctness thing. racist family and all that XD i olny just learnt that calling an asian person a chink was racist :L
Lol, I can't be appointed to delegate the pony thread as a whole. Also, you forget this is the internet, boy :glare: No recollection, no regrets, or so I'm left to believe, haha.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I played Metriod Prime 2 first, loved it, so I got the first as well. After that, I was pretty much hooked on the Prime series. They're all very enjoyable, so have fun.
Phazon Mines were like, x___x Or perhaps I'm thinking of the Impact Crater.

:phone:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I liked getting the Phazon Suit after beating the Omega Pirate(?), that's my second favorite suit in the series. <3 Light Suit. The pirates get pretty annoying the deeper you get, and it gets DEEP. I can't recall completely, but I think you get Plasma beam down there as well, or a visor. Braindead on MP atm.

:phone:

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I thought Plasma Beam was around the Magmoor place. Visors, I don't think so. You get thermal around Phendrana and the X-Ray somewhere near the beginning section of the world (the overworld part). It might be that the Plasma Beam was placed somewhere close to the Phazon Mines, but there are no visors there that I can recall.

lol that ragequit.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Too much work to raise her. Her best support is with Colm (I think it's the fastest support in the entire series not counting RD's dumb support system), who's more or less the best character in the game, and she really just slows him down. That and she can sometimes have trouble getting enough Str to keep up her leveling.

The work is what makes her the best. She overpowered Innes when you max her and put them side by side, and Colm's support, like you said, made her amazing as a sniper.

Rebecca is dumb to raise. Neimi is easy.

Neimi also has 25 str while Rebecca has only 24

Also, Seth is the best character in game.
lol Seth is this best, but he's an EXP taker. He takes whatever EXP you were gonna use on the grinding for the little ones. I'm sure he was buff'd that way because at the beginning it's difficult with just a lvl 1 lord and him. Next chapter you get like 2 people, yea, but they still blow. He was like a tank.

Technically, you're supposed to make Colm a Rogue to still be able to steal (Assassins can use Lockpicks for chests), but I like how Assassins look better. >.>
The lockpick wears off fast and because of the numerous chests and doors, so I leave Colm to being a Rogue. He has HIGH evasion, so even at higher levels he can put some damage while avoiding pretty much anything. I made Joshua an Assassin because you pick up Marisa later and she's my Swordmaster. That and when you're playing the 'extra' part of the game, you unlock Joshua's mom, Queen Ismaire, and she's a Swordmaster, too. You don't need 3 Swordmasters, and one Assassin is plenty. I wish you could get 2 Rogues in the damn game and the 1 Assassin, but it's either or.

Am I the only one who didn't think that ragequit wasn't funny in the least?

I felt it humorous in the way that he was destroying the Marth and then one fsmash ko and he acts like he DIDN'T get tipped. But all in all it didn't make me laugh hard or anything.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Can't help but laugh at bored's image, knowing it is true on so many levels.
After the fiasco with seeing this compressed piece of crap BK calls a triple stacker, I went back to Wendys. Same price for both meals, but one actually will fill me up, and the sea salt fries are nice too :awesome:

@Ussi: I said the same thing for Legends 3, Look how that turned out lol

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wendys burgers are just trash. Haven't had one for...four years maybe after that pile of grease they called a "burger" I had. I had a literal puddle pooled in the wrapper on the table after I ate, nearly spilling out onto the table. Just disgusting.

Burger King for best burgers.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby

The work is what makes her the best. She overpowered Innes when you max her and put them side by side, and Colm's support, like you said, made her amazing as a sniper.
You can raise units that will be better than her without all of the work. Innes is not that good either, so being better than that isn't saying much. You want good 2-range? Just use one of the really good Paladins with a Javelin/Spear.

lol Seth is this best, but he's an EXP taker. He takes whatever EXP you were gonna use on the grinding for the little ones. I'm sure he was buff'd that way because at the beginning it's difficult with just a lvl 1 lord and him. Next chapter you get like 2 people, yea, but they still blow. He was like a tank.
Umm, what? Franz is the best Cavalier you get. He'll have great Str and Spd for doubling, decent Def and great HP for durability... And you get him early on and he's around all the time. He's the exact opposite of blowing.

The lockpick wears off fast and because of the numerous chests and doors, so I leave Colm to being a Rogue. He has HIGH evasion, so even at higher levels he can put some damage while avoiding pretty much anything. I made Joshua an Assassin because you pick up Marisa later and she's my Swordmaster. That and when you're playing the 'extra' part of the game, you unlock Joshua's mom, Queen Ismaire, and she's a Swordmaster, too. You don't need 3 Swordmasters, and one Assassin is plenty. I wish you could get 2 Rogues in the damn game and the 1 Assassin, but it's either or.
You can get about 4-5 Lockpicks before Colm even promotes (a couple more after he promotes, but he won't be able to steal one of them). This doesn't even include the Secret Shop. There are not more than maybe 50-60 chests in the game not including the tower, and how often do you need to open doors with the Lockpick rather than the 2014901950 Door Keys you get? Your Paladins will reach doors before Colm will especially if he's going another route to get treasure, so they should open doors later on. I've been through this game several times and still had a couple of Lockpicks left for post-game.

And you can get 2 Rogues in Colm and Rennac, but Rennac sucks beyond his Rogue abilities soooo... And yeah, you don't need 3 Swordsmasters, that's why you use Joshua and bench the rest. >_>

Top Bottom