• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

-RedX-

Smash Lord
So an extra 10%-20% to those numbers mentioned in the video should be the "general percentages" since we're most likely gonna be staling Bthrow quite often. But keeping track of when it's staled is so dumb....lol

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Tested the dash shield + jab approach at 60% on some characters. It powershields, so it's only off by a few frames I believe, but it's usually spaced so well that the enemy can't punish it.

Also, is it possible for that guy to give us information on when bthrow has its maximum frame advantage or is that just not feasible? Bthrow is possibly good enough to allow us other legit approaches other than dash attack which is for sure guaranteed.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Frame advantage is difficult to calculate since it varies depending on current percentage, stale moves, weight of the character, fallspeed of the char, etc. I forget if there's WDKB associated with bthrow, not listed in the thread so idk, but that would have an effect too.

Estimates are feasible, though.

Sounds like a job for...

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
:)

It just feels like a lot of followups after bthrow are just a few frames behind.

If there's a quicker way to get a jab in than buffered dash to shield drop jab, which only feels like a few frames off from working, I'm all ears.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
if it means anything, i always do bthrow > nair at 0-20%, its not guaranteed but its a good frame trap. Just throw in a empty jump to FF grab as a mix up and people can't just press shield to avoid it. The whole bthrow at 0-20% is a mix up of dthrow :x

Kirk

Smash Champion
Haven't don't frame stuff in awhile, but I could take another stab. Dunno when, I'm on call for work this week, but I'll see what's up.

Can't think of a quicker way than dash> shield > drop > jab either...

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Also, I'm starting to rethink the way I DI. Usually, I always DI vertically on reaction since it's safest (except for vertical kill moves), but maybe I should PatG DI at low %s to horizontally get away from followups.

Kirk

Smash Champion
That's always been my practice, and in melee as well. DI more horizontal/away at certain percents can leave you in a better situation than getting more airtime. Of course I don't always remember to do so, but it most definitely helps.

I need to stop contributing so much, something must be wrong with me!

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I usually DI down and tech moves like Wario's Fthrow at lower percents. That prevents me from getting in the air and thus being at risk of getting juggled.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I usually DI down and tech moves like Wario's Fthrow at lower percents. That prevents me from getting in the air and thus being at risk of getting juggled.
Doesn't Fart Wario have a DACUS out of fthrow at low percentages? If that's the case, wouldn't SDI be more feasible in this situation?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
If you SDI the DACUS can't you just get a free jab for much more damage? And doing that is far better than risking to eat an Uair that deals 17 % damage or his other moves to punish your landing. I tend to DI down for other throws as well like Marth's Fthrow when close to the edge to grab the ledge instead of risking getting juggled.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
u know, I seriously hope Sakurai or one of the developers in project sora open up a poll page for roster internationally.

But its still early I guess. Anyone know when the Kid Icarus Uprising is coming out? I wanna start counting new SSB days from that day forward.

Kirk

Smash Champion
You'd be able to air dodge sooner than you could upb. Looked like he went into higher hitstun/tumble animation, so he should have been able to air dodge it. That's what it looked like to me anyway.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
On the Bthrow -> DA stuff, anyone ever get it to work at this % before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IDc5XgP3IQ&t=4m48s

Bthrow was obviously quite stale. Not sure if it was actually guaranteed but it looks really close, and he knew about Bthrow -> DA so I have to assume he'd be trying to air dodge or upB out of it.

:248:
yeah, ive managed to get a kill like that a few times before
its usually vs. floatier characters trying to DI away
and yes, the bthrow is always real stale XD

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Um, I did say I would try to record matches at the tournament I went to a couple weeks ago, but I wasn't feeling too well that whole day. Apparently, someone recorded something behind my back. Quite frankly, I don't remember anything that happened here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQf3sPcdoDs

Also, I need your opinion on whether or not I should put this on Smashville.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7CpMw2FpgM

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Okay, this has started to bug me lately...

Is it just me, or does almost EVERYONE try to FSmash after hitting with a Fair? Especially after a string of hits, like what Mr. Doom did to BSL on his last stock. The FSmash just always seems to come after a Fair o.O

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
my fsmash usually comes out when I mis-buffer a SH Bair.

EDIT: I was just about to click the Post Quick Reply buttons and San's post pushed the message box down, resulting into me pressing near the Google bar.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Okay, this has started to bug me lately...

Is it just me, or does almost EVERYONE try to FSmash after hitting with a Fair? Especially after a string of hits, like what Mr. Doom did to BSL on his last stock. The FSmash just always seems to come after a Fair o.O
I don't Unless I know what they're going to do (and Fsmash will kill them earlier), Usmash fits the situation better for me. If not, grab's easier to do, or punishing with Jab.

Speaking of so, I always fail to punish air-dodges appropriately. I use Jab, but it tends to get power-shielded a vast amount. Usmash is power-shielded, or I mistime it and get punished myself. I know when my opponent's going to air-dodge, but I fail to punish it with much of anything. This mainly applies to how I do in the Wario MU. I go for Jab, it gets power-shielded and I'm left open to get shield-grabbed. I was able to grab to punish air-dodges more than Jab. Also, shout-outs to myself for attempting to QDC, and getting Counter. Took half-charged Waft for the last stock.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
(Pivot) grab if you want a really easy solution to air dodge. Easy as in it will work if you do it right, which is easier said than done, but not as annoying to deal with as jab or USmash since you get away if you pivot grab while sliding away from them or just whiff a grab and continue on.

Side note: Crap, I need sleep....I wrote about half of that sentence backwards before I re-read it and was like WTF?

Top Bottom