• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, my bro didn't realize you were boost pivot grabbing him, I didn't either until it was mentioned here. I thought you were just bthrow pivot grab like what you can do to bowser. You get a couple more throws in there and that game could've turned out differently, though it really didn't matter seeing as you took the set anyways and knocked out my bro from losers AGAIN.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Nah, my bad DI made that game go so badly at the end (still don't know how I let that Dair at the end KO me). That, and it's RC vs. MK (not to discredit JMO, he definitely improved since /hope 2). And yeah, I'd blame mav for the bracket. >.>

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I love when someone CPs you rainbow cruise, and they end up avoiding you like the plague whenever a wall comes up. Isn't this your cp, bro?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So yeah, our boost pivot grab wall inf stops working at higher %, dunno why we didn't think of that. Stops on Kirby at 85%. I'm really lazy, so I'm not sure if I want to test if it's much different with tons of other characters, especially considering it's pretty situational anyway.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not an infinite, who told you that? It works at higher percents than fthrow, through.

In addition, you have enough of a frame advantage to combo off of the wall bounce.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What frame is Dsmash upon charge release? How many frames until the second hit? I'm finding many uses for it in my matches.

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Charge: 5
Hit on: 13-16, 32-44
IASA: 70

so ~8
Dsmash can be used as a taunt.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think charge means how many frames till the hitbox is out san.

Cause fsmash does not charge at frame 6 i know that

Sooo 2nd hit dsmash out of charge.. Hits are 16 frames apart so:

16 + 5 charge release first hit + 2 frames the hitbox is also out = 23 frames charge release for 2nd hit

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I remember someone said fsmash was quick from a charged release.

Thought charge meant the frame of the animation where you'll be able to charge it, then when you release, it does the rest of the animation. Thus, higher charge number = better, since there are less frames from charge release to the hitbox coming out.

Charge: The first frame an attack is able to be charged. Applies to Smashes and certain Special Attacks.

Kirk

Smash Champion
About the charge, yeah that's how I defined it in my frama data thread, its all there. Both fsmash and dsmash are quick to hit after the charge ends.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'm slowly but surely working on the Doom 2 WAD: Mr. Doom 2. I might have to edit Mr. Doom 1 a bit, but I'm still waiting on a couple reviews from people... I heard that it's better if you play it in parties of 2-4 while on Skype voice chat. (And I get a kick out of people dieing to traps when I'm in the party, lol.)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well pretty sure charge is just short for "charge release" since all of Ike's chargable attacks are not storable.

Plus storable attacks still have a charge release in a sense.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000

I fight for my friends. (according to Black's Pokédex)

You guys should be sporting Emboar avatars. Nys, where's mah Doom review?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So I take it Serperior shows no sympathy? I actually prefer Zorua.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
This cake has been hyped up SO much... I would have a stroke if it were a lie.

The theme of decoration (as I'm told by the baker) will be weapons, girls, and all around manliness. I can't FREAKING WAIT.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't know yet. If I think it's good enough (and appropriate to show, which I almost hope it isn't), I'll link a picture of it. But we'll have to wait some time. My birthday is Wednesday and I'm pretty sure I won't get the cake until after that.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
so im officially crap at navigating this site, someone able to link me to the apex 2012 thread on here? i cant find it

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
So I take it Serperior shows no sympathy? I actually prefer

Well, Serperior doesn't take its opponents seriously unless the opponents are formidable. Now, Hydreigon shows no sympathy since it demolishes and eats absolutely anything in its path, and anything that moves seems like a foe to it, triggering its attack.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im big on :596: personally. the design is jsut too good

im assuming we all got pokemon at some point, whats everyones favourite from each generation?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've only played/cared about the first two generations and if you guys don't know who my favorites from them are by now, I'm ashamed of you all.

:248:
< Protip

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
1st - The only generation in which I was genuinely interested. mainly because of the series being new.
2nd - Lost track of the pokemons that belonged here since schooling was going on.
3rd - First game of pokemon I played. In high school.
4th - Maintained my interest because of all the hype in my college.
5th - Not bothering and never gonna.

Top Bottom