• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
isnt New jersey basically the same place?
forgive me if im wrong, but the new jersey airport is listed as new york so i assumed theres practiclaly right next to each other

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Put Ys Seven music in mah brawl. Happy am I.

Can someone give me their RSBE01.gct file? I need to replace the one I have so I can have semi-regular brawl instead of brawl-.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
New Jersey is (I'm sorry Ussi) the landfill of human malice and all terrible things to come. New York is actually okay.

They are not the same.
I hate New Jersey, everyone is spoiled, my sisters' included.

I spent my first 7 years in PA.. Moved to NJ.. Fun times... Like..

One guy invites me to his bday party, i decline cause my mom didnt know the guy.. He deemed me uncool cause i declined his invitation, rest of the class followed him.

:phone:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
'Depends on where in NY you'll be driving from. If you google map it, then it may give you an accurate quote.

Zatch, I thought you were Espy for a moment because of that avatar.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I looked on Google Maps for a comparison on how long it would take to drive from two different places in NY to New Brunswick, NJ for GP.
I used NYC and Rochester.

New York City to New Brunswick = 52min
Rochester to New Brunswick = 5 hours, 42min.

Odd, I guess I forgot 5+ hour drive times can exist outside of Texas or across the country.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Now you see why I don't go to NY/NJ tournaments?

Also, there's the traffic getting near NYC adding another 45 minutes, plus the possible tolls ****** your wallet.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Rochester to New Brunswick is about equivalent to the drive from Denton to Houston, and I've only done that... I think 5 times, and only one of those times alone, and that's because it was WHOBO and other people had to back out.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Rochester to New Brunswick is about equivalent to the drive from Dodge City to Kansas City, and I've done that...never. I have driven from Wichita to KC on many occasions, and I guess there and back would be the equivalent of Denton to Houston one way...

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Jeez, what's with Ike mains and not having licenses....minus Sen, Brett, and Mr. Doom (and bored?) >_>
Apparently, I haven't even gotten my learner's permit, yet. When I get behind the wheel, maaaaaaan. I am going places. With the appropriate gas money, of course.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I drive, i have my own car, i have a nice finished basement that has a sofa bed that fits 2, a twin bed, and a queen bed (in a room though), sadly only 1 TV but an old 50 inch plasma and parents who said its fine if i ever had a brawl smashfest in my basement.

Oh look a perfect Ike housing spot

Mozz

Smash Apprentice
I got a license and a car, but my car is broken down and I can't afford to currently repair it. Also, when I get a job and money, first thing to do with money is fix car, second thing is save up some to pay off student loans that have accrued, third is actually upgrade my computer to one less than 7 years old.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I was taken to college before I graduated from high school for this summer program. After that which immediately led to my first year of college, my desire for it just dwindled to apathy by the summer of next year.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have a license, but I could care less about driving long distances. I'd rather let someone else do the driving. Not interested in putting 100s of miles on my car.

Just got back from a Mendhi (Ussi and Animist know what I'm talking about). The amount of partying I did made me sore.

Ryo_Guikido

Smash Ace
sup guys!!! I should be putting up more vids. but just wondering... Can we discuss a new match up chart I have new thoughts on said listing.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I have a wedding celebration tomorrow as well... The ***** is already done, this is just a 3 week later after party...

And if others want too, then yea lets talk about dem MU ratios

danyo

Smash Rookie
To anyone still uploading videos, keep it up! I try and watch a few every week, it amazes me how fast you guys make Ike look. Feels like I'm playing Ganondorf by comparison.

I'm getting the hang of the RAR (turn around b-air), scoring more d-air spikes and getting the hang spacing my fast falling n-airs. I think I'm going to borrow my brother's Wii since he hardly uses it anymore.

For anyone who has uploaded videos or still is, I really appreciate it. I was such a crappy Ike player before. On the slow road to improvement now....

theeboredone

Smash Legend
congrats. whose marriage? and speaking of that i too have a manja and shaadi to attend.
A good family friend I've known since I was little. We're technically related in some far distant way, but it's not that much of significance.

Shaadi is tomorrow...go from Kurtas to Suits.

sup guys!!! I should be putting up more vids. but just wondering... Can we discuss a new match up chart I have new thoughts on said listing.
What kind of chart?

To anyone still uploading videos, keep it up! I try and watch a few every week, it amazes me how fast you guys make Ike look. Feels like I'm playing Ganondorf by comparison.

I'm getting the hang of the RAR (turn around b-air), scoring more d-air spikes and getting the hang spacing my fast falling n-airs. I think I'm going to borrow my brother's Wii since he hardly uses it anymore.

For anyone who has uploaded videos or still is, I really appreciate it. I was such a crappy Ike player before. On the slow road to improvement now....
Where are you from? State wise I mean.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well actually, turns out i know **** all about my cousin. she actually lives in baltimore
i know thats a long drive too. but if theres going to be a car pool going through there ill need to get in on that
or ill jsut see whats cheaper to get to, baltimore or newark. it will be one of those too
egh does america not have a great public transport system? i always use that XD

...newark, definetely newark.
jeez this is going to be complicated. particularly if other smashers are coming from the uk, its hard as balls to get any of them organised. i literally got us home from germany single handedly

Top Bottom