• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Ryo has definitely stepped his game up. I just wish he would go outside of his area, cause it seems like all his tournies are local. Aside from MLG, he seems to be content being local.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He told me he really wants to go to Apex 2012.

His region is isolated since it takes like 7-10+ hours drive to get to other places that have brawl (Miami, GA, etc).

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I mean...it's not like people get bored out of their minds once they are eliminated...make friends, hang out with a group, have a good time.

Besides, it's how Slaps made his friends.

benaji261!

Smash Ace
Yeh I made friends through a lot of tournaments, but I haven't been able to see most of them cause they live a good ways away from me.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Besides, it's how Slaps made his friends.
Before his first tourney, he had nothing to fight for. I too have accumulated many friends via tournament. It's very fun to meet new people and hang with those you can relate to. My mom's slowly coming to trust the Smash community.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
you know, for so many months i thought niddo's avatar is some kind of weird dodo. its only now i see that what i thought of as a beak is actually a beam sword. lol the fail.

M@v

Subarashii!
I dont see mk getting banned, but hey if it happens, it'll give me an excuse to practice peach more, who has one of my favorite playstyles in the game. Also covers my bad mus, which mk currently does for me.

M@v

Subarashii!
Tbh, I don't mind fighting mk personally; In fact I have a pretty damn good record against mk. But that's also likely due to the fact all of my characters don't get steamrolled by mk, and I like fighting the mu. Falco is even on most stages, Fox barely loses, but most mks don't know the mu at all, and mk dittos are obviously even.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wait, what's gonna happen with your UTSA stuff? You graduate?
UTSA? The only class I got a good grade at there was English. >_>

I took a year of college courses, and because they are all first or second year I can transfer them over to where I end up moving to.

Also: it's the NHL's fault that there were hockey riots.
>Canuck player lands a late hit on a Boston player, gives him a minor concussion, gets a four game suspension
>Boston player folds a Canuck player over, rams him into the boards, breaks his back. Boston fans are shouting "Flopper!" as he is lying there on the ground, not even a minor penalty was called.
>Somehow, people weren't expecting riots.

Considering Boston got away with something like that in their previous round of the playoffs, and the constant bad calls didn't start until Vancouver had a 2-0 series lead, it's painfully obvious that the NHL wanted Boston to win. They make more money if an American team wins after all.

/still mad

Heartstring

Smash Legend
it appears everyone was WAY ahead of me, im definetely going to apex 2012
it will probably be the only time im going to america for a brawl tournament. theres a ganon meet up (who is-in term of usage-my secondary) and now an ike meet up

speaking of this, are there any ikes living damn close to the venue who may want to house a little(massive) one?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Redx is the closest, i'm probably 2nd, we both probably have massive tolls to pay to..

So no one close enough i would say

:phone:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
lol speaking of racist jokes, I just remembered Bakora uttering it in Yugioh abridged: "I'm not Gay I'm just British."

Okay its not racist but kinda the same. like..eh...stereotypical

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know Scotland was notorious for it a few years back, and it's interesting to note the term "Paki" is considered derogatory over there compared to here. I wonder what would happen if I said that to a UK Paki LOL.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
racism against brown people (mostly Indians) is notorious in Australia. I saw some pics of Indians doing an anti-racism campaign there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I know Scotland was notorious for it a few years back, and it's interesting to note the term "Paki" is considered derogatory over there compared to here. I wonder what would happen if I said that to a UK Paki LOL.
maybe i should rephrase, ive otten used ot saying uk instead of england, so many americans refer to them as teh same
gay marriage is legal in ENGLAND and WALES. scotland is still as racist as ever XD

Top Bottom