• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I have some new matches on youtube, I might ask for a critique for the one I get 2stocked in =D

More importantly, is it possible to "shield SDI" into something else than a grab? ShieldDI to jab sounds like a cool punisher for moves that usually push you too far.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yes. If you have Smash stick and you dash shield, you have to press up on the Cstick.
Unless you want to master this, dash + powershield to jab is already broken enough as is.

Standing shield isn't very good and shield SDI won't help you much.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Is it possible to "shield SDI" into something else than a grab? ShieldDI to jab sounds like a cool punisher for moves that usually push you too far.
For those of you who haven't seen the Ganon vs Falcon TAS brawl match, I'll just say... Yes, it is possible.

Edit: ...Ninja'd. >=p

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Ok, thanks.
While we're on the subject of SDI, and since I'm obsessed with the marth match-up, I tried to SDI marth's counter on aether into the stage to tech (when marth is onstage, and not ledgedropping counter). Obviously it's just impractical but I found the idea funny.

Also, delayed jabs are nice indeed!

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I actually attempt the SDI > ledge tech every time I play that MU. I haven't been able to do it yet, though.

I want to play with Smash Stick Ike again. However, I love how easy it is to do tilts, walk-off Dair, spacing Nair, Jab > tilts are easy, and I recently took a liking to using back on C-stick for jabs.

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You go up, obviously.

Yeah, forward.

It takes such pinpoint timing that it's easier to just powershield if you're already that good unless you're dashing towards a charged smash attack or something like that.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
So Iwata and Sakurai are talking about how they could implement a leveling system in the next super smash bros. game. According to them, a character can be leveled up by doing a plethora of stuff and then be taken to Wii U to showoff. in other words 3DS is your training ground and Wii U is an... arena. Personally I like games that have level system but dunno how can this make a ssb 4 more balanced? I mean, in tourneys then will there be a level prerequisite for your character? eg. Ike has to be level 25 in order to enter some low prize tourney and level 50 to enter a relatively high prize tourney.

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
We don't need a Nintendo version of Dissidia. Please, please, PLEASE don't give us a Dissidia Smash Brothers. And screw them for even thinking of using product tying to the max.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
He's a player from AiB, and posted here a few times.

I heard about the leveling/customize system, too. Of course we're going to have a mode that doesn't take that into account. Remember stickers?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not often we see fighting games with RPG mechanics. I think a customization type thing could actually be really nice, and would help create variations of the same character. Balance could be an issue but it would be easier to ban certain customizations than actual characters.

Leveling up, however, is not nice since competitively everyone will be the same level anyways, and leveling will just be grinding.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
It's not often we see fighting games with RPG mechanics. I think a customization type thing could actually be really nice, and would help create variations of the same character. Balance could be an issue but it would be easier to ban certain customizations than actual characters.

Leveling up, however, is not nice since competitively everyone will be the same level anyways, and leveling will just be grinding.
Welcome To Pokemon

Pop. Super Smash Bros. Franchise

D8<

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Pokemon is micromanagement and probability analysis. What?

By customization, I mean like heavier weight, more hitstun, faster aerial/run speed, or something like that, and you have limited amounts you can give.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Pokemon doesn't count. People just pokesav "legit" pokemon

Grinding is such a pain. I hate leveling systems. I won't mind like "use character and such to unlock customs or power ups" but plain level grinding is dumb.

I liked smash cause it wasn't who had better gear but who was a better fighter (well character matters but its not the same)

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
i kinda want customization with special moves. like having a variation in upb where say 1) ike does aether 2) ike does something like teleportation etc. that way we could tailor our characters to better handle bad matchups or even plan out effective strategies.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I don't think I'm going to play the next Smash. I'll be skeptical if a competitive scene sparks with that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well if Ike isn't in the game it isn't the end of the world, i'll just pick the new long ranged swordman.

Or a golden sun char

Or pikachu :|

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Ike will probably still end up in the game. He's a main character in two relatively recent and very well-received/popular Fire Emblem games, and was a main character in them before Brawl came out. It's very possible they will keep both him and Marth and add a third one... or just not add any others.

:248:

Top Bottom