• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Holy crap, Benjai still exists!

GP, how does it not benefit you to jab cancel into more jabs against bad players? That's when it's the best.
well it does. but it would be the most helpful during fights with people better than/equal to me. jab cancelling is next to useless vs. luigi (yes i know the matchup is good for us. but i hate fighting him and it wouldnt be too farfetch'd to say our luigi is the best in the world, definetely the best in europe) theres little reaqson using it against marth. although i do feint it to bait the up-b escape. and mk...well hes just mk.
i think i might try out cancelling it after jab2 in the future against those characters

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My opponents usually try to jump from my canceling or shield. I proceed to Bair if they jump over me, Usmash if I bait a dodge, or grab them if they shield.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You can't delay jabs vs everyone but delay is just a spilt second

:phone:
I think you should as long as it hits and you're within the combo period. Doing jab2 too soon most of the time ruins any hope for future successful jab canceling since it hits too quickly.

Mixing holding A, delays, timed jabs, and reads gives me the most success.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRP1ofwHpyk#t=1m2s

From 1:02 to 1:25. Proofs that an Fsmash KO at 65% = ******** momentum shift. :troll:

I generally don't delay my Jabs except against lighter characters and even then not a lot... many characters have fast aerials or other easy ways to escape if you're too lenient on the speed of your Jabs. At the same time though, canceling too fast can hit them up and away too quickly for you to get many hits in. It all depends on the player and like San said, mix it up.

:248:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I wish I had my Wii so I could practice that delay.... I really don't know why I didn't think to take that instead of my 360 with its broken A/V cords.

Oh well, I'm still working on Jab->FSmash. I know that with enough cheating, it should be possible.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Jab->FSmash is possible. When Marth whiffs his UpB, jab him during his free fall before he touches the ground->FSmash. 8D

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You just need to know that the BS lag is there if the Marth for whatever reason decides not to cancel it and you can at least use this knowledge to pressure or punish greatly. I mean jab -> fsmash may work but will the Marth give you such an easy opportunity? (+ there's double jump, using an aerial to land, etc).

I play normally and pressure them once the possibility of abusing their BS lag comes up. They become a lot more predictable since they will try to cancel it with an aerial upon landing, or something like that.

Anyways, just finished reading the Manwha Hanged Doll after being stuck on the first 5 chapters for like 2 weeks. The initial story and art made me reluctant to begin reading, but it got a lot more interesting by like the 15th chapter. I ended up liking it in the end. Not Monster-quality of course, but it was still nice with plenty of surprises.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
He's emphasizing on the BSL. though, I have yet to see that work. anyone know of a video that shows that?
i can't believe i've actually spent time researching this a few months ago lol.
jab to fsmash isnt possible from bs lag. but jab usmash is
the moar you know

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey! That first stock was an SD! Who was that Olimar? Does s/he have a smashboards account? Details. Details.

Enjoying MAP 30, Nys? I'm sure you've died at least 30 times now. It's the perfect FU stage.

Speaking of FU, there is a university in Kansas that once was called Friends University of Central Kansas. They immediately changed it to Friends University, but now people just call it Friends.

(This is what happens when I for no apparent reason wake up in the middle of the night.)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
People bull**** about mK being their worst. Not true, just you don't know how to counter other people's initial counter attacks to MK. That or you are OMG so many options?!?! What do i do?!? I'm not limited! I'm soo confused!

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Yeah, it's really tough to decide between if you should Shuttle Loop towards them and KO them with the easy bad-angle trajectory or do a reverse Shuttle Loop and hit with the dumb bad-angle trajectory lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Or to ftilt.. Or dtilt.. Or air camp... Or space dairs and then uair uair tornado..

Oh and tornado some more cause they can't get out.. Yes yes.. Hard stuff to decide between

Heartstring

Smash Legend
People bull**** about mK being their worst. Not true, just you don't know how to counter other people's initial counter attacks to MK. That or you are OMG so many options?!?! What do i do?!? I'm not limited! I'm soo confused!

its funny, cause this actualyl goes through my head when i use good characters XD

Top Bottom