• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well they'll obviously keep the Star Fox characters, at least Fox and Falco. And their moves likely won't change much considering they already revamped much of Falco's moveset for Brawl and Fox has barely changed since 64.

:248:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Their aerial moves for the most part are "different" in terms of animations. However, their B moves are too similar.

And get Ganon a new move set.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I agree that Ganon needs a new moveset, they never should have made him a Captain Falcon clone in the first place. Flame Choke in Brawl is pretty awesome but aside from that his B moves don't make any sense/are just lazy copies of Falcon.

And @Ussi, I did say that he barely changed, not that he didn't change. Aside from Falco being given his 64 laser not much else is different.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
They didnt have time to make ganon a new original moveset. Either copy falcon or Ike.

:phone:
Pffff, "not enough time" shouldn't be an excuse, it certainly won't be for Blizzard
lol Diablo 3, release date circa 2043
. I think all the duplicate movesets in Melee are just the result of laziness, and one of the reasons I moved on to Brawl hoping it wouldn't be as bad. And while not as bad it's still pretty bad in Brawl. Every character should have a moveset that is at least like, I dunno, 75% different than the next closest moveset, to throw out a number that seems reasonable.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Still, that's why they shouldn't give themselves a strict timeline or announce a release date when the game is still in production. Those are the only reasons they wouldn't have had enough time to tweak a few movesets. No matter how you look at it it's either bad planning, poor decision-making during production, or laziness.

Few players seemed to care very much it seems, but I personally found it pretty disappointing and lame when I unlocked Ganondorf in Melee for the first time, expecting a unique and bad-*** moveset, only to find he was identical to Captain Falcon in almost every way.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I was like why is Pichu in the game? Young Link also puzzled me a bit. Doctor Mario made me go "umm.. Okay?" But Ganondorf's copycat moveset didn't really bug me.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Pichu, Young Link and Dr. Mario never had a hope really, they were way too similar to their counterparts just in being. Ganondorf had so much potential for a unique moveset though which is why I was probably most disappointed with his.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Well... Stomping people in the nuts with dair and having the fist of fury fair really made Ganon.

Ganon in brawl really just needs a different set of special moves minus side B.. Thats the real cloned part from falcon.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
When I said Ike may not be in the next game, I was keeping in mind what happened to Roy.
I just say
Don't expect to be happy.
Roy and Ike were both put in Smash games as promotion for their respective FE games. It is entirely possible that neither of them will be in the next one.

As for movesets, I think it would be cool if in the next game, Ike's smash moves (and possibly tilts, but that might make Dtilt pretty ********) sent out a weak shockwave (reduced dmg and knockback) further than the length of Ragnell. The shockwave hitbox would fly outward a few frames after the sword passed.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
That's one of my favorite posts relating to Smash4, Bored. Brb, need ice, hit my shin laughing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Roy and Ike were both put in Smash games as promotion for their respective FE games. It is entirely possible that neither of them will be in the next one.
There are several reasons though, why Ike is much more likely to stay than Roy was.

Roy's moveset was pretty much identical to Marth's in Melee while Ike's is entirely new and unique. Roy has only been the main protagonist in 1 Fire Emblem game which is more outdated now than Ike's 2 games. Roy's game was not even out yet when Melee came out, whereas Brawl came out after both PoR and RD were already released, so he was a well-known character already. Probably some more reasons I can think of but too tired atm.

Edit: And yah, there's gonna be a lot of disappointed fanboys when Megaman isn't a playable character in Smash 4, lmao. I mean it might happen but I'm not counting on it.

Helix King

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3909-7925-3850
Any thoughts on Alt. Colors?
I'm kinda tired of the whole JUST COLOR thing, Samus and Wario are paving a way to Alt. Costumes IMO. a Doctor Mario Alt. would be cool. Also Shiny Pokemon. Lucario really disappointed me on that.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah they let some characters have mild costume changes like Pikachu, Jiggs and... actually that's it unless you count Wario. Making different costumes for every character would require them to make a crapton of character models though, so I can see how it wouldn't be something they'd want to do.

Besides, we'll always be able to hack it, lol. Maybe, depends on what kind of memory card they decide to go with this time around, and if there's a USB port.

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
If Ike gets in the game and customization becomes available, I'd like Alondite in addition to Ragnell.

But seriously, there should be more than just different character apparel colours customization. Bring in some accessories and stuff.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
And then they will ban hacks >8(

There is a reason Euro vids get more views than American.
because we're better players?
ill go with that

yeah ganons a bit ruined. the only moves he uses ingame is the flame choke and his f-tilt. other than that his extreme lack of sword really annoys me
they should keep the stomp in there though. no-one would main ganon if he didnt have that (myself included)

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Nys, did you complete my modded Doom levels, yet? Three of my buddies and I just went through all the levels in like 6 hours. 2 three-hour intervals. lol

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I really like Brawl Ganon, although obviously he could be a lot better. From a casual and competitive standpoint my favorite moves of Ganon's are probably Uair, Bair, Flame Choke and Dtilt. Dair and Ftilt are cool but I save Dair for punishes as a fear move and Ftilt I keep fresh for KOing.

If you're against another character who sucks you can wall by using a random combination of AC'd Uairs, AC'd Bairs, Dtilts, Usmashes and Jabs. Not only does it look hilarious when Ganon is throwing out so many different attacks so quickly, most people won't know how the hell to approach that and they'll eat up some damage trying. You can sneak in a surprise Wizkick or Flame Choke approach in the middle of the chaos too.

Warning: Does not work against the vast majority of characters unless the player sucks.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha. yeah its sad that i secondary ganon. yet im so utterly dissapointed by him at the same time Xd
i love his d-air. i gets spammed a relative amount
his dtilt is good but often overrated. its so unsafe on shield its not even funny bcause of how far the hurtbox sticks out
a move i love though is the wizkick. the creates the quake which is his fastest (read: only) OOS option. it has a deceptive hitbox and the aerial version kills all characters just over 100%. sadly it only works once or twice a set before they wize up to it and punish it with something strong
but yeah...ike boards, not the ganon boards.
whats TP casual anyway?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Nys, did you complete my modded Doom levels, yet? Three of my buddies and I just went through all the levels in like 6 hours. 2 three-hour intervals. lol
Actually, I have, finished them last weekend. The boss fight with Mr. Doom was fun (the second one especially, it was intense with all the open corridors). His weapon-switching was tricky to deal with at times, and a cool gimmick.

I'll PM you soon with my full review/critique.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
well, we really lack tournament with serious money oppurtunity
this means the people that play are playing for fun mainly and moneys a bonus
so more aggro play.
the only time out ive ever been a part of was a samus vs. r.o.b game. and we both sucked so bad a aggro play with them we spent the entire game on the opposite ledge XD

i reckon our aggro play would mess up american play so much. you guys are used to having more time to think about how to deal with the approach. seoncd from the start and bam, were in your face

on the other hand. most of us wil lget agrravated as hell trying to approach you if youre constantly running. well see at apex 2012. i should be coming over for that

Top Bottom