• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
i usually use Utilt or Bair interchangeably depending on what im feeling because most the time at the upwards of 80-90% depending where the grab is i can just upward angle an Ftilt i usually use that more than utilt but idk its whatever depends on % and where on stage we are.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That statement didn't make much sense, lol. But I think I see what you're getting at. They can't start to break out until the dizzyness animation actually starts though right? So the time when they pop up into the air immediately after the break is free time to start charging Eruption.

As long as they're around or above 50% damage when the break happens and you can start charging the Eruption right away, you will charge it to Flashing in time and it will KO them unless they're DK on Japes. But when does Ike get shield breaks anyways?

:248:
true, they can't mash out until they start the dizzy animation, however, you have to account for platforms and after lag of the attack you broke the shield with. Also, when i said it takes 1-2 seconds to break out of shield stun i meant cause of this meaning flash eruption isn't the best thing to go for. Also, 0% is when shield dizziness/stun is the highest, 50% means they recover even faster.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Also, when i said it takes 1-2 seconds to break out of shield stun i meant cause of this
But realistically not many players even use that at this point, let alone properly. And to my knowledge, damage % doesn't make too much of a difference at all in how long it takes to snap out of it after a shield break. Assuming they are one of the very few people who have the controller set-up for that grab-breaking and they do it properly, Fsmash is the way to go, otherwise Eruption is still legit.

It's all good to debate about it in theory and based on the numbers, but in practice I have always successfully landed the Flashing Eruption after getting a shield break on someone (most of these instances were in doubles and friendlies). And only once that I can recall were they at a low enough % to survive.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Okay so late last night I sneaked in Brawl to find out about non-attack stick SH retreating Nairs. Unless I'm doing this wrong, it's a bit more difficult to perform one in which the sword goes under before landing (as in not going around to his back). I tried it with attack stick to see any differences, but I'm not very confident with my attack stick abilities since I never use it. Anyone else wanna look into this? Otherwise, we'll just go on and say that SH retreating Nairs with no attack stick is possible but cannot be used for optimal performance compared to attack stick.

I always forget about Utilt so I barely use it. It does make it hilarious to attempt (and even more so to be successful in) Utilt juggling over WiFi. RedX remembers. :p

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
I can do SH retreating Nairs from standing position and RAR retreating Nairs. Out of a forward dash, I can do it like 80% of the time. The difference is that I don't actually do it in matches usually, except from standing position at times. Like I said in a post earlier, it just adds extra thought processes that I don't think pay off enough. But it's more than possible to do.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Does it really matter if you use autopager anyways?

-RedX-

Smash Lord
loool that was when I first met you. 8D
Ike FFAs are insane. I use dsmash though. :l

Edit: Holy ****, these matches are so gimmicky. lmao

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Oh my gosh, I came across this match again... this was probably the most fun game of Brawl ever. Also had like the best final 10 seconds of a match ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZjkqnuSr8&feature=related&t=4m6s

I finally bought a new SD card. No more listening to that old Brawl theme-- back to hacks. Sheesh, I was getting tired of that.
That song soooooo does not fit the stage well XD
Then again perhaps a various SV stage skin could fix that right up tho

theeboredone

Smash Legend

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Oh my gosh, I came across this match again... this was probably the most fun game of Brawl ever. Also had like the best final 10 seconds of a match ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eZjkqnuSr8&feature=related&t=4m6s

I finally bought a new SD card. No more listening to that old Brawl theme-- back to hacks. Sheesh, I was getting tired of that.
that video is too good
around 5:59 you were sweetspotting(is that the right term for it?) the ledge with QD
can QD sweetspot the ledge like that on battlefield and final destination?

also: who here thinks some stupid organization is gonna go ape**** over the amount of **** and bj references in duke nukem forever?

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Offense
As WiIke, most of your play will be offense, so you will need to get this into your head. As said above in the overall guide intro, he has amazing range in his moves. His dair WILL be one of your most used moves, due to it's spike so you need to learn WHEN to dair, as if done wrong it will launch the opponent UPWARDS which is the exact opposite of what you will be wanting. Another offensive move is the fsmash, which is Ike's main launching move. His first jab has a reach equivalent of one Training Stage square and should NOT be ignored. A fast jab canceller can use it to deal out the pain.
Wow. WiIke sounds pretty bad already.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
404 discussion page o.o
jam post count: 777 o.o

I'm feeling a bit less comfortable with Ike these days, and I want to improve my actual general level with another character, so I'll stop maining him for a while. I'll get back to him later.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Fsmash does 50% more fully charged and KOs as early as -129%. It also charges instantly... and hits people regardless of dodges... and regardless of their location on the stage relative to WiIke.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Snow is so annoying this winter
QFT.

The timing is so bad for me. I have a group project due tomorrow and we were supposed to get today to work on it in class. Because of snow, we don't get that day and my partner has to do everything by herself. All I can do is just give her the results from my end of the project. Wish the snow day was yesterday because I stressed myself out for three finals that were yesterday. I think that's also what got me feeling a little bit sick. Not much fun for me today. At least I got a little less than a day to finally play Golden Sun.

Top Bottom