• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
does nana not automatically try to attack when you grab popo?
I've played an ICs main many times and normally thats what happens when i go for a grab
which is why i don't normally try to grab them because normally I end up too close to escape a grab when being punished for grabbing popo

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
buffering a pummel usually does the trick. They can't react to it, they would have already have imputed a command to hit you before the pummel.

You should really go for the grab after a jab, they can only jump to avoid it and that would be silly. So since they aren't jumping you get 13 frames which means easy pummel time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
omg my grandma used to make them all the time when i was a child.. I can't even remember the taste of them now though D:

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I had Indian food for the first time today. I know you're Paki, but it's nearby. I felt obliged to say that for some reason.

I already forgot what it was called, but this mashed up chickpea stuff that looked like a fake meatball was pretty good... as long as I had naan (I believe is the name for the flatbread) with it.
I liked it, but I'd have to eat it several more times to get used to it and really enjoy it. It's very different from anything I've had before.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nice. Indian and Paki food is pretty similar. Though I would recommend a place that isn't Americanized if you happened to go to one. Usually they dumb down the spices a lot.

Naan is soooo good. I can eat it plain and enjoy it. Brett, was it called Chole? Or some variation of it?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Um, I'd have to ask my brother or sister-- they've had Indian food more and remember what each dish is called. I know the place was called "Tandoor" and it was in Arlington. It was a very very small lunch buffet place (I think they take entree orders for dinner) and the workers didn't look like ones to Americanize their food too much.
I've always heard Indian food was really spicy. It wasn't necessarily like.. spicy, so much as it had a wide variety of spices in it. That's the best way I can describe it. And naan is awesome. I had it with everything on my plate AND plain.
They also had some delicious rice pudding-- it was really really thin for pudding, but there's really not a better thing to call it than pudding.

Actually, upon further investigation, what I was talking about earlier may be Malai Kofta-- in which case, I believe I was wrong about the ingredients. But Malai Kofta definitely looks like it. It was pretty good.. just seemed like it had to be with something rather that on its own-- texture issue, mainly. Which is why I thought it was awesome along with naan.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i remember having indian food once (was a legit indian, not westernisd or ****) and my god i thought id burnt my tongue off. im not used to any spice tasting foods so that was a real shocker XD

Kirk

Smash Champion
More range, that's about it. Dependant on spacing and SDI and the like, sometimes standing grab whiffs.

Oh, and it'd probably earn you epic style points.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
If you can do it everytime, I can see the use =) (epic points are automatically granted, we main ike) otherwise I'll stick to jab>grab or jab>walking shieldgrab

Heartstring

Smash Legend
More range, that's about it. Dependant on spacing and SDI and the like, sometimes standing grab whiffs.

Oh, and it'd probably earn you epic style points.
to be honest, if they SDI that much i just finish the jab combo

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So VvV's podcast announced Brawl isn't coming back. It comes from their podcast interviewing Sundance (CEO of MLG). The main reason being the M2K and ADHD incident. The other being attendance.

Now if you ask me, I've heard about match fixing in other games >_>...if it's true, shame they look away from that.

Brett, ask for the brown treatment when you go next time lol. The name "Tandoor" is pretty cliche for a lot of brown restaurants.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
What's really funny is that a while back, they caught a team of Halo players with weed (possibly smoking, I don't remember) in their hotel room. The ones that weren't caught red-handed were allowed to pick new teammates mid-tourney and continue playing.

And Brawl is banned now for... just this? That's only a LITTLE absurd.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, being caught with weed is outside their jurisdiction whereas match fixing falls under their rules. Of course doing drugs is a bad example, but there's a fine line between doing something within the tournament and outside it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Apparently it wasn't just the incident itself but also the Smash community's reaction to it, defending M2K/ADHD's actions and not realizing the seriousness of what they did (I didn't see any of this myself but apparently it went on to such an extent that it was significant). Also, Nintendo's failure to support the MLG circuit and allow Livestream was very likely a factor.

So now MLG runs the official website for Smash but doesn't support it competitively.
:ohwell:

:248:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Not everyone in the community defended ADHD and M2K just some people who weren't even at the tourney i think..

at most, people said M2K shoulda been banned for trying to mix fix cause they went with ADHD being nice to a friend and giving him 300 dollars, not for throwing a match he was winning..

In other news.. My dad said he is willing to pay half a plane ticket to houston..

Comes to 365.. So i'd pay $182 + $40/45 venue fee + enterance fee + food.... Don't even know about housing..

Dunno if i should do it with my short amount of money. Not gonna have a job after janurary (class times in spring ruin job hours)

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
How bad is it for the american brawl community? MLG dropping brawl I mean. what does it leave at a national level? WHOBO? (european brawler is european)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
WHOBO, Genesis, APEX, one other one...

We're fine. It just really sucks and it's annoying how stupid some people are, trying to defend a stupid habit that this community has gained when it comes to splitting.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@Blu MLG just sponsored Brawl, which led to bigger prizes and promotions. There were a lot of benefits included. Unfortunately, lack of support from Nintendo and the events that followed really hurt us.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Lol @ 1:33

"That's a comfortable lead but it's Ken man, anything can happen"

Yah, that's why anything can happen. It's Ken.

:248:

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
Quite possibly the dumbest match of Brawl I've watched. Mikeray4's combo video against CPUs was more entertaining than listening to those commentators.

OMFG HE ROLLED BEHIND CRITICAL HIT, ADVANCED TECHNIQUES HERE FOLKS!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
so for christmas eve my parents and I decided to travel to the nicest masjid near us all the way in Prinction, New Jersey for jummah prayers. Saw a line of 100 cars trying to get into a mall LOL

Top Bottom