• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike : A Detailed Matchup Guide; #33 - Ness

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
forget about match up numbers lets just classify it with words instead. real smart there kinzer.

I don't actually think that counter works that way. I always see it as stopping moves for a split second and hitting them. If you don't hit them well ofcourse multi hit moves will hit you. If attacks just kept going counter wouldn't actually work because the moves hit box doesn't vanish.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
D*** Burrito, do you hate me or something, it's the will of the boards that doesn't want numbers as of now in our matchups...

Levitas

the moon
Burrito, you don't have to see counter as working that way, but multihit moves can definately interrupt counter. I've definately triggered scotu's counter and hit him before it comes out.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I meant counter when Lucas is recovering >_>.. When it's obvious he has to aim for the ledge. Otherwise use dtilt if he's going horizontal or ftilt/utilt if he aims above the ledge. Lucas has too good mobility to get by by Ike's smashes

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
they probably play ikes who don't know how to fight jiggs. It's a pity. There is a jiggs player in NJ, I'll see if I run into him in tourney.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Such a shame...

Illinalex is a promising Jiggs for example, and probably as of now one of their best contributors...Maybe if I beat him with Ike (I already do okay as is with Sonic, it can't be much different with an equal main, [Illinalex, if you're reading this now I'm not calling you a scrub, you're one helluva Jiggz]), than maybe they'll think twice before Ike gets another undeserved disadvantage.

Shiek, Mario, and Ness can wait, if this rumor about Jiggz/Ike is true, I say we get Jiggz for #21!

Hoser

Smash Ace
Yeah, they do claim 35:65 Jiggs, which is quite ludicrous. However, I wouldn't just doubt her skill that easily. Ike obviously has the advantage, due to his early killing potential and her being so light, but she can be a surprising match for Ike. If she can get to you in the air before you can pull off an F-air or N-air, then she'll be able to juggle you for a bit. Not to mention if she get's you in a jab lock, you're gonna be down a stock.

I'll go more into detail if we actually do her next.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Jiggs can **** Ike if you underestimate her, which a lot of people do.

However, Ike can "play gay" the entire time and win. So there's no way that Jiggs have the advantage.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Seriously though, Ike can just camp the hell out of Jiggs with fair. She can't get past it. The only good killing move she has is Rollout, and BF just completely negates that.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you don't know a thing about a character don't make claims on how Ike can beat that said character :\ it leads to improper discussion and then the character boards laugh at us for being so ignorant. Then they refuse to ever acknowledge Ike to ever have the advantage even if he did. It's a stupid thing caused by a stupid comments.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I play against a person that's plays a very mean Jigglypuff. I know how rough she can be, especially to Ike.

But the fact is that Ike can just space the entire time and he'll win. Simple as that.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
If you don't know a thing about a character don't make claims on how Ike can beat that said character :\ it leads to improper discussion and then the character boards laugh at us for being so ignorant. Then they refuse to ever acknowledge Ike to ever have the advantage even if he did. It's a stupid thing caused by a stupid comments.
Or it could just be a ploy to make angry people come here to promote discussion. But who knows, eh?

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I play against a person that's plays a very mean Jigglypuff. I know how rough she can be, especially to Ike.

But the fact is that Ike can just space the entire time and he'll win. Simple as that.
This pretty much summarizes my opinion of the match up and my doubles partner mains jigs.

Its not like jigs has some supper approach method or any way of making Ike approach. This pretty much hands the match up over to Ike.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I saw the videos they had for Jigglypuff VS Ike.

One was an Ike spamming Counter (at least for the first 15 seconds, too painful to watch after that), the other Ike was only slightly better.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Lucas can zap jump to Magnet pull to recover high over a full hopped Ike Nair, even from a considerabe distance below the edge, and that's w/o the PKT2.

Lucas is hard to gimp.
If he can go or not over Ike's Nair depends on the direction he was launched and the stage you are fighting, Ike can try an Aether spike nevertheless.

•Magnet pull requires that Lucas use a reverse PK fire and travel while in the Down B animation, boosting his horizontal recovery. So it is easy to say when he is going to try it;

•Zap jump also needs PK fire, and he is stuck in the PK fire ending lag during the whole second jump. The recovery is vertical;

•The UpB everybody can see it coming.

I’ve never played against a human Lucas but the character telegraphs his recovery a lot. So I believe that if the Ike player gets comfortable with the recoveries trajectories, he can Fair through them.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Nope, they think they WIN 65-35. They also think the only have a 6-4 disadvantage to meta knight, so I'm not that surprised.........
Wow, Jiggs board is dumb.

But than agin, Jiggs is a dumb character so it makes sense.
Yes, I'm a Jiggs hater.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
most MKs lack skill which leads to people thinking they can do good. Most MK's don't know spacing. I bet we ikes would be better MKs since we like to space.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've had my temptations. I've witness a falco main go pick up mk on front of my eyes... I shouldn't have 2 stocked him with MK in a friendly >___>

XACE-K

Smash Master
I've had my temptations. I've witness a falco main go pick up mk on front of my eyes... I shouldn't have 2 stocked him with MK in a friendly >___>
Wow, that's horrible. That same thing almost happened to my friend when I did that but he didn't switch to MK.
Probably because I annoyed the crap out of him not to. :/

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Aww c'mon Xace, if you really have a hate for Jiggly, then wny not join us for when they might make false claims about how Jiggly clearly doesn't have an advantage, and go Jigglypwning?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Aww c'mon Xace, if you really have a hate for Jiggly, then wny not join us for when they might make false claims about how Jiggly clearly doesn't have an advantage, and go Jigglypwning?
True. I'll just see when th write-up is complete and that can affect if I'm in the mood to make fun off Jiggs. I can either make fun off Jiggs A LOT or a little.

I hope it's the first one.

Top Bottom