• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike : A Detailed Matchup Guide; #33 - Ness

generalsmash

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice :) They actually made my Ike better over at AllisBrawl.
It just needs to be completed because Ike has a lot of problems with DDKong and Ice Climbers and I want to find out how to fight them ;)

Darth Destro

Smash Cadet
Hello, Ike Brawlers! I have recently started a thread about different pairings for Toon Link in Team Brawls, and I would greatly appreciate some input on a TL + Ike match. You can find the thread here. Any info would be tremendously helpful.

What the halberd being a CP against Snake? Seriously it's the opposite, it's a must ban stage It will be ultra hell for Ike to fight Snake there

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
LOLLLZZ, Ike is getting some rep. over here.

To Nys, is there a way for you guys to record the videos against one another. I don't have a wii to participate so I would love to see them.

Edit: Oops, sorry, suppose to post this in the Bi-weekly thread. my bad

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
It would be nice if this thread could be updated (or remade) with current info/matchup summaries though.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If only the topic creator was more active.
Tsk tsk.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I know man, he's such a prick. Let's all talk about the inactive topic creator behind his back. He'll never know.

:034:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Eeeheehee... I was actually stalking Light. I've known him longer than I've known you.

Thank you for telling him my first name and putting me behind him in the name game now.
Now he knows my first and middle names as well as my nickname while I only know his first name. :<

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Actually I stalked the Austin topic a while ago and learned your name from there.

I just chose not to disclose it in any of our conversations in case it was necessary.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
So in the theoretical situation we discussed, you have been able to destroy me first for a long time?
I DEMAND that you tell me your last name to make it even.

EDIT: Okay, I give up on trying to phrase that correctly.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Alright, time to move it to VMs guys, we need this topic to either be on topic or to die. And considering it hasn't been on topic in quite some time, I think the latter will be more likely.

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Oh my, terribly sorry about that.

Bottom line: Light, please do something with this.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Since the topic title still says Ness, I just wanted to confirm that grab release on Ness and Lucas (or was it pummel release) to jab is 100%? Unless they SDI away from first jab?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Actually, I've had Lucas avoid even the first Jab after a pummel release. Not sure how they do it, and I'm pretty sure it is something the other player has to do, but I've never had it happen with Ness. So yah, as far as I know it's 100% on Ness and 100% on Lucas if he is within range of the Jab after the release... he doesn't have time to PS it but somehow I've had Lucas players completely avoid it and shield the second Jab.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Hmm, don't know if there would be time, and it'd have to be frame perfect even if there was. Lucas and Ness have 41 frames before they can do anything after a ground release, and we can act on frame 30... so is it possible to step forward and then initiate a Jab within 9 frames? Accounting for the 3 frames before the Jab hitbox actually comes out of course.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Short answer: No.

Long answer: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Actual answer: Yes, but Bair will only work if you are standing on a platform in which case turnaround dropthrough Bair is a true combo from a grab release.

Top Bottom